My blackberry passport has lost a mobile network . A reset did not help. Please assist
    06-21-16 08:40 AM
    Is the SIM Card being recognised?

Might want to check that you phone does see the SIM card. If you have recently removed it and reinstalled it, make sure you did it correctly. The PINS that read the card can be damaged.
    pkcable likes this.
    06-21-16 08:47 AM
    Try turning on airplane mode waiting 30 seconds then turning it back off, this will cause your phone to try to reacquire it's cellular signal. Also try turning off other radios such as the NFC, WiFI, and bluetooth and JUST leave the cellular radio on. Does it work then? Try changing locations, could be you are having a tower outage where you currently are. Do you have anyone else on the same carrier, nearby who can confirm or dispute this?
    06-21-16 09:03 AM
    Yes. It recognises my SIM card. I also tried the airplane method and did not work. I only gain network for a bout few seconds and then it disappears
    06-21-16 12:01 PM
    The phone do recognize the sim.
    06-21-16 12:04 PM
    Still no help
    06-22-16 02:44 AM
    Have your carrier try replacing the SIM maybe?
    06-22-16 10:25 AM
    I just had the same issue. I tried everything and could not get it to work. My phone was two years old and I just chalked it up to being dropped too many times. Switched my Sim to another phone and it had worked.
    Went and bought another Passport because I really like the phone

You might also want to check with your carrier as I did have an issue a year ago with the phone being stuck on a tower and not connecting to any other tower.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-16 06:02 PM
    Get it exchanged under warranty if you can. Otherwise, it's dead. Same thing happened to me earlier this year. Sim card slot broke. For no good reason.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-16 06:34 PM
    If you can connect to WiFi do so and get this app....

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...ntent/27226887
    06-23-16 07:42 AM
    Wow. So many passport with this problem. Sad.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-16 09:37 AM
    Also happened to mine. It recognizes the sim but the signal just comes and goes. Most of the time it's "emergency calls only". Security wipe and autoloader for the latest 10.3.2 solved nothing. Must be hardware. Grr.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-16 01:38 PM
    HI Team. Is is very sad to come to the realization that my beloved passport may never work again. It is also sad that we don't seem to have any one from blackberry who is willing to address this common issue. The saddest thing is my passport is out of warranty

This is just depressing
    06-30-16 05:20 AM
    I wonder what is really happening with blackberry passport technicians. Why is there no comment.?
    07-02-16 04:09 AM
    So an update to my situation. I bought a prepaid Sim card from another network and tried it in my passport. It works just fine

I was on Telus and it stopped finding a network, but on Rogers it works great. Really odd. I guess I'm going to switch to Rogers on my main line. It's like some of the network bands just physically stopped working.

Posted via CB10
    pkcable likes this.
    07-08-16 07:45 PM
    So an update to my situation. I bought a prepaid Sim card from another network and tried it in my passport. It works just fine

I was on Telus and it stopped finding a network, but on Rogers it works great. Really odd. I guess I'm going to switch to Rogers on my main line. It's like some of the network bands just physically stopped working.

Posted via CB10
    That is REALLY odd. Is it possible Telus changed network frequency. I KNOW they did this in the past when they went from CDMA to GSM, perhaps they made a change again and went to a frequency that the BB does not support? Seems unlikely BUT possible?

Had you tried having Telus replace the SIM? They DO go bad sometimes.
    07-11-16 02:07 PM
    For anyone still having issues please see this post on the Blackberry Community forums.
    https://supportforums.blackberry.com...s/td-p/3182922

We are trying to gather as many people together that are having this issue as possible. This is an issue that Blackberry has caused with their software.

If your phone does the same thing that mine does in the video below then you have the same issue...and Blackberry should fix it but they are stating that they do not have a resolution for it. http://support.blackberry.com/kb/art...mber=000037544

Link to YouTube video showing how the call fails:

08-11-16 02:38 PM