Annoying issue with the Passport having owned it for a couple of months. The lock screen keeps turning itself on a second or so after I have pushed the power button o turn it off. Have tried closing all apps, turning off notifications, shutting down in various modes etc. but it still pops right back on after I close down. Obviously, this drains the battery in a few hours from fully charged. Software updates have not rectified this bug either.

Any suggestion welcome before I try resetting to factory.

Many thanks!
    10-28-15 04:46 AM
    Have you set the screen to go on when an email or notification comes through?
    10-28-15 05:24 AM
    Nope, that feature has been turned off (tried with it on as well).
    10-28-15 06:36 AM
    Lift to awake on?
    Why does my screen constantly turn on by itself?-img_20151029_013958.png
    10-28-15 07:40 PM
    Have tried with these on/off a well. Still the same. It should be said that the issue came and went in the beginning. Now it's a permanent thing.
    10-29-15 01:01 AM
    First, if it is a software bug, it maybe not inherited since it only affects your device (not sure if others are having the same issues). But giving the facts that it is not happening on others Passport devices having the same OS version (such as mine), we can easily conclude that it is either an OS bug (specifically within your device) and/or a hardware related problem.

The OS bug can be solved (and should be solved) by reinstalling the latest official OS. Again, this should solve the problem since only you (assuming that you are the only user experiencing this issue) is having this issue. The hardware related issue, however, is quite tricky. Since there are functions that can wake up our screen that you need to identify to know where the problem is coming from such as the gesture from our fingers (which can also be duplicated by rubbing any materials that will produce static such as inside our pants or bags) or a lousy / defective power button (that accidentally turning on the screen) or an incoming messages. It may also related to some apps that somehow activating screen like alarm apps - which is more related to OS and still can be solved by uninstalling the culprit app or reinstalling the OS.

You can reduce your headache if you happens to be sure that the problem is a hardware related issue and your device is still under warranty...

Posted via CB10
    10-29-15 03:02 AM
    Imagine how good we would get at throwing frisbees if all we had to communicate messages back and forth were frisbees made of chalk board material and chalk to write the messages with.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-15 03:16 AM
    Thanks for the extensive reply. Leaning towards the warranty "fix". Just to make sure, though. When you say
    The OS bug can be solved (and should be solved) by reinstalling the latest official OS.
    Does that entail a factory settings reset or is there a way to simply overwrite/reinstall the OS?

10-29-15 03:19 AM
    Good chance it's the SD card, try without it and maybe get a new one, worked for me
    12-24-15 04:09 AM