I accidentally dropped my phone in the washing machine for a bit while I loaded up my washing machine. I fished it out, and in a bit of a panic, I tried to turn it off. It has not turned back on ever since. I tried leaving it in rice, drying it out, charging the battery again, but it will not turn on.

I noticed that the indicator on the back turned red because the phone landed right there in the water. However, the battery still works, because it gets recognized by my computer using Blend.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
    07-10-17 12:22 AM
    What sort of help are you looking for? It needs service, and is most likely toast.
    07-10-17 12:58 AM
    I accidentally dropped my phone in the washing machine for a bit while I loaded up my washing machine. I fished it out, and in a bit of a panic, I tried to turn it off. It has not turned back on ever since. I tried leaving it in rice, drying it out, charging the battery again, but it will not turn on.

I noticed that the indicator on the back turned red because the phone landed right there in the water. However, the battery still works, because it gets recognized by my computer using Blend.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
    You're not alone. Numerous people have inquired as to why Blackberry would stop such a fun thing as dropping your device into a washing machine and have debated over the amount of water it should take before freezing the ON/Off controls.
    (By the way....Did you use damp or dry rice)
    Because your mobile device still shows life (being recognized by your PC)
    I'd suggest installing a freshly downloaded OS Autoloader. (OS 10.3.3.2205)

Link: https://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-l...links-1098162/

I'd usually agree 100% with Contite" but in this particular case, I haven't been successful (as yet) downloading toast.
    07-10-17 12:58 AM
    Obviously, Passport is not water-resistant.

Why is there so many issues with their phones dropping on water lol
    07-10-17 08:27 AM
    I put the phone in dry rice for 18 hour intervals for three days, trying to turn it on every other day. It still has not come back on.

Is there any way I can fix my phone on my own, or will I need to send it out for repairs/replacement of parts?
    07-10-17 06:45 PM
    I put the phone in dry rice for 18 hour intervals for three days, trying to turn it on every other day. It still has not come back on.

Is there any way I can fix my phone on my own, or will I need to send it out for repairs/replacement of parts?
    You do understand what the rice is for, yes?

If one bit of moisture is in the wrong place, power will immediately cause a short circuit and likely fry the circuit board. Turning it on every other day defeats the whole purpose of the operation.

The phone needs to be shut off immediately. If it shuts off by itself it is most likely too late anyway. If not, keep in rice for 4 days, then hit the power button. If it doesn't come up, it's toast.
    07-10-17 06:49 PM
    Okay, if it is "toast," then where do I go from there? Do I get a new phone or send it for repairs?
    07-10-17 07:49 PM
    Okay, if it is "toast," then where do I go from there? Do I get a new phone or send it for repairs?
    Buy another one. Probably cheaper than repairing and more reliable.
    07-10-17 07:59 PM