I accidentally dropped my phone in the washing machine for a bit while I loaded up my washing machine. I fished it out, and in a bit of a panic, I tried to turn it off. It has not turned back on ever since. I tried leaving it in rice, drying it out, charging the battery again, but it will not turn on.

I noticed that the indicator on the back turned red because the phone landed right there in the water. However, the battery still works, because it gets recognized by my computer using Blend.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
    07-10-17 12:22 AM
    Hello looks like you might have permanent water damage. Passport was not rated re water - splash proof. You might have to replace parts? screen? but hard to tell. You best bet is contact a cell phone provider or just outright get a another Passport which coul be be cheaper then fixing. Another option could be an upgrade to Keyone. good luck
    07-11-17 11:11 AM
    An LCD repair is fairly easy. Its a cheap part to purchase as well. I would try that out as the mainboard likely survived the water considering you absorbed the moisture with rice.
    07-11-17 11:22 AM
    Acquire a new phone. Even if you somehow get it to work, it'll never be the same again. Not worth the trouble.
    07-11-17 11:35 AM
    why? most likely, you got eletrolytic migration in one of the area... http://www.dfrsoft.com/DfRSoft_Ag-Migration.pdf
    07-11-17 12:03 PM
    Ethan feel that's a longshot as was not a a water splash but seems right inside a washing machine. Their is no proof that "rice" adsorbed all moisture.
    07-11-17 12:17 PM
    True that. I just once came back from a 4wheeling trip and threw my muddy pants in the washer. Moments later I realized my Curve 8310 was in the drink. I was able to revive it but had to dry it out first then replace the LCD. It was a $14 part so a worthwhile fix. Not everyone is cellphone-repair inclined but I always go for the cheap fix before buying a new device. The cost of a Passport on Ebay is probably cheaper than the frustration of a possibly fruitless repair job.
    07-11-17 12:47 PM
    Lost my Passport to a "water accident" while mountain biking last summer. Worked immediately after the submerging but died shortly after, never to return again. RIP in peace little buddy 😢

Q10SQN100-1/10.3.3.2205 | Bell
    07-11-17 01:03 PM
    Get another passport or keyone

Post via my BlackBerry Passport
    07-13-17 08:23 AM
    True that. I just once came back from a 4wheeling trip and threw my muddy pants in the washer. Moments later I realized my Curve 8310 was in the drink. I was able to revive it but had to dry it out first then replace the LCD. It was a $14 part so a worthwhile fix. Not everyone is cellphone-repair inclined but I always go for the cheap fix before buying a new device. The cost of a Passport on Ebay is probably cheaper than the frustration of a possibly fruitless repair job.
    Amen...

Posted via CB10
    07-13-17 02:01 PM