We have heard before that the passport is not so interesting for android and vice versa, particularly given its square screen. Given my experience with worldwide, however, I am convinced that making this an option would be very useful to me and others in enterprise, who need to refer and possibly edit regularly not only emails but also office documents. Making a passport slider - same basic shape, but rectangular screen, and same keyboard, I think would be a killer phone.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-16 03:46 AM
    Maybe they will. Given they're still pushing Priv, there's lots of time for them to come up with a Passport-like Android as well if they want to.
    01-15-16 04:02 AM
    There was an image, possibly a video too, of an android running Passport. Looks like the possibility exists today but don't know if there's such a plan for the future. I would love to see a no keyboard Passport in the market, killer phone in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-16 05:51 AM
    Maybe they will. Given they're still pushing Priv, there's lots of time for them to come up with a Passport-like Android as well if they want to.
    Understood. But I would buy their Android for my Passport! I mean, I might get a second Passport just for that.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-16 07:24 AM
    At least it would be a good alternative if BB10 doesn't get feature updates anymore. The hardware of the Passpo should be more than enough for Android M, so I don't see a reason on the technical side to not port Android over to the PP.

Would love to have the choice of OS switching, but I'm not sure if this is possible due to OHA/Google restrictions.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-16 07:46 AM
    Get a Priv. Leave Passport alone. So is the other way around.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-16 08:00 AM
    Native bb10 Playstore is much better!

Posted via CB10
    01-15-16 09:12 AM
    I'm tired of these "Get a Priv" comments. Maybe I just don't want a Slider? Maybe I just don't want a 16:9 screen ratio? I don't understand, why people make such frivolous comments without even bothering with ones reasons, why one choose Passport over Priv.

I will purchase a PPSE as soon as I get the money for it together. My reasons why I want a Passport with android and not the Priv?
    Cause I love the screen, the form-factor and last but not least this superior classy design. For me it looks a little alike the good old Palm PDAs I loved back then. Also the Priv is just to "long" when it's slide out.

So, please stop bothering Passport-Lovers with this useless comments like "Get a Priv". We just don't want this phone.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-16 09:28 AM
    I'm tired of these "Get a Priv" comments. Maybe I just don't want a Slider? Maybe I just don't want a 16:9 screen ratio? I don't understand, why people make such frivolous comments without even bothering with ones reasons, why one choose Passport over Priv.

I will purchase a PPSE as soon as I get the money for it together. My reasons why I want a Passport with android and not the Priv?
    Cause I love the screen, the form-factor and last but not least this superior classy design. For me it looks a little alike the good old Palm PDAs I loved back then. Also the Priv is just to "long" when it's slide out.

So, please stop bothering Passport-Lovers with this useless comments like "Get a Priv". We just don't want this phone.

Posted via CB10
    Maybe you should just get a Priv.
    Lol

 Passport/SQW100-3 .2876 CB10 
    johnny_bravo72 likes this.
    01-15-16 09:31 AM
    Because unless you're manufacturing or developing software for the phones, you're part of the problem :P

Blackberry Passport, Original. Wind Mobile, Toronto.
    jope28 likes this.
    01-15-16 09:41 AM

Posted via CB10
    One of the problems with the Passport is the screen ratio, I know that's a selling point for you but Android apps are pretty much all configured for a Priv type display rather than a 1:1 display so the App experience might be a bit underwhelming, which is the biggest selling point for an Android phone.

I'm sure there are ways around this but it is all work arounds again which is what most people want to get away from.

Posted via CB10 using my Passport SQW100-1 running 10.3.2.2639
    01-15-16 10:58 AM
    I have used a Passport last year. I used only a few apps, but they work all without big issues. Deezer, the "Deutsche Bahn"-App, messengers, an office suite and a few more were working without any problems. Maybe I was just lucky by not having any problems with any android app so far, but a android experience on Android can't be that bad. For games you run into the screen ratio problem, that's right.
    But besides this, I do not see big issues due to the screen ratio. Most apps should be programmed scaleable too because if any mobile OS out there is needed to be compatible with any possible device, it's Android, which have to.

But maybe you're right. There have to be reasons, why we don't hear much from android on PP. Maybe it's just to push the Priv, but maybe BlackBerry decided, that Android on PP isn't fitting their standards of usability.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-16 11:16 AM
    I have used a Passport last year. I used only a few apps, but they work all without big issues. Deezer, the "Deutsche Bahn"-App, messengers, an office suite and a few more were working without any problems. Maybe I was just lucky by not having any problems with any android app so far, but a android experience on Android can't be that bad. For games you run into the screen ratio problem, that's right.
    But besides this, I do not see big issues due to the screen ratio. Most apps should be programmed scaleable too because if any mobile OS out there is needed to be compatible with any possible device, it's Android, which have to.

But maybe you're right. There have to be reasons, why we don't hear much from android on PP. Maybe it's just to push the Priv, but maybe BlackBerry decided, that Android on PP isn't fitting their standards of usability.

Posted via CB10
    Some of my android apps don't work, and some work fine. I would like to load MS Office mobile but so far it doesn't work. I like bb10 a lot, but I am afraid android is BlackBerry 's future...

Posted via CB10
    01-15-16 11:43 AM

Posted via CB10
    Maybe you can stop asking for a Passport with Android?
    I am so tired of the request since I am so tired of Android and I want Passport to remain a native BlackBerry 10.
    You get the right to ask for something and deny anyone else the same right to do opposite?

Posted via CB10
    David Tyler likes this.
    01-15-16 01:07 PM
    Passport has way better hardware than Priv, it's like a tank. I won't mind to have an Android Passport.

I would also dig a full touch Android from BlackBerry too.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    01-15-16 01:53 PM
    I think that BlackBerry will not put Android on the Passport or any other current device. Otherwise, they would get huge numbers of complaints about the current Passport, Z30, Q10 owners not getting it on their phones.
    So my prediction is that only new models can get full Android.
    m3ach and xRuhRohx like this.
    01-15-16 02:48 PM
    I think that BlackBerry will not put Android on the Passport or any other current device. Otherwise, they would get huge numbers of complaints about the current Passport, Z30, Q10 owners not getting it on their phones.
    I think you hit the nail on the head there.

Posted via CB10 using my Passport SQW100-1 running 10.3.2.2639
    01-15-16 05:56 PM
    Because Android is a pure evil!

Posted via CB10
    m3ach and David Tyler like this.
    01-15-16 07:16 PM
    While I would not be happy, I don't think there even exists a "huge" number of BlackBerry users from whom the complaints would come.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-16 08:31 PM

the reason they wont do it is because theres no money to be made for them, what they should do is to have current bb10 users who want android ported over pay for the OS to help offset cost for it. heck i would pay to have some sort of dual boot option during set up to choose which OS i want to run but i dont even think its legal or is it ?
    01-15-16 10:26 PM
    Because it's disgusting to do so. Lol.
    Wait for Vienna if you want it that bad. It's basically an elongated Passport. And it's going to be WAY cheaper than Priv.
    01-16-16 12:20 AM
    the reason they wont do it is because theres no money to be made for them, what they should do is to have current bb10 users who want android ported over pay for the OS to help offset cost for it. heck i would pay to have some sort of dual boot option during set up to choose which OS i want to run but i dont even think its legal or is it ?
    Of course there could be money in it for BlackBerry. Pleasing consumers is what makes companies win in the long term. I am sure many existing passport owners would pay for a version of Android to run on their machines. I would buy another passport and keep two!

Posted via CB10
    01-16-16 12:22 AM
    01-16-16 05:50 AM
    Maybe you can stop asking for a Passport with Android?
    I am so tired of the request since I am so tired of Android and I want Passport to remain a native BlackBerry 10.
    You get the right to ask for something and deny anyone else the same right to do opposite?

Posted via CB10
    I'm not denying anyone a right, I get. I ask for something, you just said I should do something. That's barely the same.
    Also I'm not even requesting a PP without BB10. I ask for the option to choose.

Maybe, you should just work on your reading skills.
    01-16-16 11:20 AM
    I am convinced that making this an option would be very useful to me and others in enterprise
    Android..? In "enterprise"..??
    01-16-16 01:14 PM
44 12