*raises eyebrow at OP*

Forgive my typos, I don't look when I type
    11-10-15 11:48 AM
    if I were BlackBerry I would send you a replacement iPhone and not just any iPhone, the very first iPhone that way you get the full crapple experience along with the slogan "there's an app for that", then when you fry that one they can send you a 2nd gen. and so on
    Gadgetgirl38 likes this.
    11-10-15 12:25 PM
    What does that link have to do with headphones getting fried out after a month or two once the person plugs into his Passport? Just wondering

Posted via CB10
    You may have read the link, but you neglected to do the "thinking" part. Try again!
    Gadgetgirl38 likes this.
    11-10-15 01:38 PM
    Probably just crashing the Now Playing Connection, it's not hard to crash the Media System on BlackBerry 10

Posted via CB10 v....not telling
    BlackBerry never said. Just avoid questionable websites, which I do now.

The greater issue is the screen freeze to about 90% of the screen.
    The only feed back from BlackBerry about that one is that logs show screen delay. But one the user's end everything works fine except for the majority center of the screen. I posted a link to a video clip of the issue in a previous post of this thread.

Posted via CB10
    Gadgetgirl38 likes this.
    11-10-15 03:07 PM
    But did you try unplugging it for 30 seconds and then plugging it back in?

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 01:49 AM
    Try cereal.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Poi25 and Upright-Underground like this.
    11-11-15 09:22 AM
    After reading and thinking about it for a while, provide us with a credible scientific explanation that would explain how multiple hardware headphones by different manufacturers were "screwed up" and needed to be replaced because they were plugged into your two devices with BB10 software.
    Why would anyone do that!? It's so much easier to spout nonsensical claims and jump to conclusions than it is to sit and think critically.

Posted via CB10 // Passport Red SQW100-1 // 10.3.2.2474 // Cricket Wireless
    11-11-15 10:51 AM
    I had a Passport bought on release last year failed late summer this year. Screen freeze and proximity sensor issues. The replacement from BlackBerry, through Telus, has has random screen freezes since day 1. I have just hard reset it whenever it happens. I have not had any success determining what triggers the freeze although I notice it most often when I try to answer call from locked screen. I am unable to answer or move to password screen. Also happens texting. I live an hours drive from closest Telus agent so I will get replaced when I get to town with the screen frozen so the CSR can verify.

That said, I do enjoy playing with my spare Z30 while it is away.

Edited for spelling...
    11-11-15 08:33 PM
    I had a Passport bought on release last year failed late summer this year. Screen freeze and proximity sensor issues. The replacement from BlackBerry, through Telus, has has random screen freezes since day 1. I have just hard reset it whenever it happens. I have not had any success determining what triggers the freeze although I notice it most often when I try to answer call from locked screen. I am unable to answer or move to password screen. Also happens texting. I live an hours drive from closest Telus agent so I will get replaced when I get to town with the screen frozen so the CSR can verify.

Edited for spelling...
    So I'm not the only one.
    And it's funny you mention when it happens, as 50% of the time mine did it during calls. 25% was during texting, and the other 25% during other processes or just sitting on the desk.

I'd also go into Device Monitor to see if there was high system usage by a single app..... turned out there was none.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-15 05:08 AM
    Go to this LINK to read about what headphones are, what they are comprised of and how they work. After reading and thinking about it for a while, provide us with a credible scientific explanation that would explain how multiple hardware headphones by different manufacturers were "screwed up" and needed to be replaced because they were plugged into your two devices with BB10 software.
    I can't. I can tell you my experience only. All headphones I've used on BlackBerry 10 devices have died on me. User fault? Perhaps. I don't know. I don't claim any knowledge concerning the internals of a headphone. I do like reading about stuffs so I'll be checking out that link just for the fun of it.

PS. Perhaps the construction of the screwed up sentence was bad, leading you to think that I unequivocally stated BlackBerry 10 is the cause of my headphones dying. I don't know the exact issue to make a bold claim like that.
    11-12-15 05:52 AM
    So I'm not the only one.
    Yes, you're the only one jumping to conclusions that BlackBerry as a company has left security backdoors open through kinky fetish websites and Pandora music apps to mess up hardware headphone jacks and touchscreens.
    11-12-15 12:18 PM

Edited for spelling...
    This is obviously a rare hardware problem and has *Nothing* to do with the OP's title that it is "backdoors and open manipulation" for Pete's sake!
    Could a mod please change the title of this ridiculous all over the map thread?
    11-12-15 02:17 PM
    I can't. I can tell you my experience only. All headphones I've used on BlackBerry 10 devices have died on me. User fault? Perhaps. I don't know. I don't claim any knowledge concerning the internals of a headphone. I do like reading about stuffs so I'll be checking out that link just for the fun of it.

PS. Perhaps the construction of the screwed up sentence was bad, leading you to think that I unequivocally stated BlackBerry 10 is the cause of my headphones dying. I don't know the exact issue to make a bold claim like that.
    Honestly save your time.
    There's nothing new to read in that link.
    It just states the obvious, head phones are smaller versions of larger speakers. But it doesn't explain why the would only last a month or two on your Passport. When those same headphones or new headphones should last longer.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-15 04:52 PM
    through kinky fetish websites and Pandora music apps to mess up hardware headphone jacks and touchscreens.
    I didn't know BlackBerry was part of the kinky websites and Pandora, by leaving back doors open through those. Interesting ....
    Now that would be something new. A company that owns websites and apps and leave back doors open through them.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-15 04:57 PM
    I didn't know BlackBerry was part of the kinky websites and Pandora, by leaving back doors open through those. Interesting ....
    Now that would be something new. A company that owns websites and apps and leave back doors open through them.

Posted via CB10
    Website.......
    Fetlife.com

That website will make the headphone jack totally inoperable eventually, until you reboot the system. Or re install the OS.
    Blackberry tech support confirmed that the website does cause issues with the headphone jack, which is funny as Android doesn't have the same issue when visiting the site.

Amazon Android apps installed
    Pandora
    Rhapsody

If it's not the BlackBerry apps causing the Bass in music not to playback properly than its got to be one of those two amazon apps.

And about a dozen BlackBerry world apps installed. Which I have not gone thru the steps to eliminate any bad BlackBerry App.

Everyone can make fun of my OP but you don't experience the issues, I have.
    And these would be security issues of the OS, especially when other OS's of other types are not affected.

And yes, I'm running the latest version of BB10 from Link.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, now he's denying he said that to begin with. Par for the course with this guy.
    11-12-15 05:57 PM
    Yes, now he's denying he said that to begin with. Par for the course with this guy.
    Not denying a single thing.
    Just not agreeing with your wording.
    As it is not the OS going through them as you put it.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-15 06:11 PM
    11-12-15 06:12 PM
    Yes defective hardware can damage headphones by passing a DC current or extremely low frequency current through them. But very few amplifiers are "DC coupled" and capable of doing this. For a headphone amp that is part of a battery operated device to pull it off would be just nearly impossible.

And even it the phone were physically capable of such a thing, the notion that a web site could trigger that behavior is a bit bizarre. For one thing, any audio feed coming over the Internet would be digitally compressed and therefore would not contain any infrasonic waveforms.

So I join the chorus of people calling BS.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639 posted via CB10
    11-12-15 07:59 PM
    Yes defective hardware can damage headphones by passing a DC current or extremely low frequency current through them. But very few amplifiers are "DC coupled" and capable of doing this. For a headphone amp that is part of a battery operated device to pull it off would be just nearly impossible.

And even it the phone were physically capable of such a thing, the notion that a web site could trigger that behavior is a bit bizarre. For one thing, any audio feed coming over the Internet would be digitally compressed and therefore would not contain any infrasonic waveforms.

So I join the chorus of people calling BS.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639 posted via CB10
    But there could be viruses from websites or a software conflict with Web site audio and BB10 audio software.
    Which both could cause headphone Jacks to not play properly. And experienced the issue myself.

But for headphones to fry out, yes your right, it would be hardware related of some sorts.
    I had a set of OEM headphones that came with the Passport. They worked good for about 1 month. And than one day they music thru them went very quiet. So pulled the plug and plugged them back in. Problem solved for a while. Then had the issue happen another day, did the plug pull, but that didn't work. Restarted the phone, and that seemed to help.
    Had the issue a few more times over a weeks time. Restart seemed to fix the issue for a while each time. But restarting over and over wasn't a solution.
    To exclude software issues I plugged in a cheaper older set of BlackBerry headphones. Used them for a few days and no problem. Tried the Passport OEM headphones again and instant issue.

So knowing it was the Passport headphones I decided to tear then apart.
    Turned out the copper wire that goes to the middle magnet of the headphones was grounding out on the silver part of the ear piece. And eventually burnt thru the wire.
    Continued use like that could have fried out the amplifier in the phone. Luckily that didn't happen.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-15 09:55 PM
    Hi Shawn,
    I cannot test this webpage in my classic because at the moment my headphone jack is failing too, I don't know the cause yet.

The thing is for me audio is working on speakers, when I connect a headphones, audio stop is not more on speakers but it is neither on headphones.

So I understand that the physical jack connector is working fine, as changes are detected.

I haven't verified in bbve yet or reset the phone

Posted via CB10
    11-28-15 12:22 PM
    Hi Shawn,
    I cannot test this webpage in my classic because at the moment my headphone jack is failing too, I don't know the cause yet.

The thing is for me audio is working on speakers, when I connect a headphones, audio stop is not more on speakers but it is neither on headphones.

So I understand that the physical jack connector is working fine, as changes are detected.

I haven't verified in bbve yet or reset the phone

Posted via CB10
    That's there same exact issue I had after visiting the one web site.

BlackBerry said it was website software corrupting the BB10 audio software and to avoid the website.

Only fix for me was an OS reload.
    And a momentary fix was a restart of the phone.
    11-28-15 06:38 PM
    BlackBerry said it was website software corrupting the BB10 audio software and to avoid the website.
    Please provide proof of this. Would love to see that from BlackBerry themselves.
    11-28-15 06:47 PM
    Please provide proof of this. Would love to see that from BlackBerry themselves.
    Sure no problem, let me get them back on the phone and record the phone conversation.

Or I can provide you with the logs I supplied BlackBerry.
    11-28-15 07:24 PM
    If this is true OP, BlackBerry will have lost all credibility with regards to security. A simple website disabling the audio on a handset could put doubt as to how they could have even secured an entire OS in android.

Posted via my Awesome Red Passport running on T-Mobile Unlimited Data. SQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    11-28-15 08:22 PM
    If this is true OP, BlackBerry will have lost all credibility with regards to security. A simple website disabling the audio on a handset could put doubt as to how they could have even secured an entire OS in android.

Posted via my Awesome Red Passport running on T-Mobile Unlimited Data. SQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    Guess their audio files are not secure as one would think.
    Maybe they secure user info though.
    11-28-15 08:27 PM
178 ... 23456 ...