Website.......
    Fetlife.com

That website will make the headphone jack totally inoperable eventually, until you reboot the system. Or re install the OS.
    Blackberry tech support confirmed that the website does cause issues with the headphone jack, which is funny as Android doesn't have the same issue when visiting the site.

Amazon Android apps installed
    Pandora
    Rhapsody

If it's not the BlackBerry apps causing the Bass in music not to playback properly than its got to be one of those two amazon apps.

And about a dozen BlackBerry world apps installed. Which I have not gone thru the steps to eliminate any bad BlackBerry App.

Everyone can make fun of my OP but you don't experience the issues, I have.
    And these would be security issues of the OS, especially when other OS's of other types are not affected.

And yes, I'm running the latest version of BB10 from Link.

Posted via CB10
    I reread your OP and I think I read something different entirely because of the backdoor statements I think. I have been experiencing a similar issue with a Dutch website which cuts off the YouTube audio when open simultaneously.

Furthermore, all headsets I have owned since the Z10, Z30 and now SE died pretty soon after birth. The audio Jacks on BlackBerry 10 devices (at least the ones I've owned) have all screwed up my audio experience. I now simply use cheap headphones easily replaced when broken.

Disclaimer: I treat my headphones better than my devices. Never have an issue with headphones screwing up except for BlackBerry 10 devices.
    11-09-15 01:17 PM
    Furthermore, all headsets I have owned since the Z10, Z30 and now SE died pretty soon after birth. The audio Jacks on BlackBerry 10 devices (at least the ones I've owned) have all screwed up my audio experience. I now simply use cheap headphones easily replaced when broken.

Disclaimer: I treat my headphones better than my devices. Never have an issue with headphones screwing up except for BlackBerry 10 devices.
    So the hardware (audio jacks) on your Z30 and SE "screwed up" your headphones and you had to replace them multiple times? Did the jacks eat your headphones' connectors or put an evil musical curse on them?

Can this thread get any more weird with posts from people who do not understand how hardware or software works?
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-09-15 02:14 PM
    Are you using the BlackBerry earbuds or your own headphones?

I commonly run into defective jacks on airplanes due to the difference of 2 and 3 conductor plugs. If you are not using the earbuds from BlackBerry, I suggest you carefully examine your headphones for exact size as you may be causing physical damage. Smart phones have 3 conductor jacks for stereo plus mic, and other things without mic support just have 2 conductors for stereo sound.

Having 4 defective phones... not impossible, but very low odds and implies you're doing something wrong, however subtle that is. You should fire BlackBerry or BlackBerry should refund your money and fire you as a customer. After 4 fails, unless its food, air or water, give up.
    11-09-15 02:33 PM
    Your on a trip?
    Sorry you don't like the hard really evidence of an issue Passport has.

Posted via CB10
    What evidence? How does anything you've said in your recent posts point to backdoors and security vulnerabilities that you screamed about in your OP?

Please reread the title of this thread.

Posted via CB10 // Passport SQW100-1 // 10.3.2.2474 // Cricket Wireless
    raino likes this.
    11-09-15 02:37 PM
    What evidence? How does anything you've said in your recent posts point to backdoors and security vulnerabilities that you screamed about in your OP?

Please reread the title of this thread.

Posted via CB10 // Passport SQW100-1 // 10.3.2.2474 // Cricket Wireless
    Just keep on hanging onto BlackBerry Protect. Your doing Great!

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 03:38 PM
    So the hardware (audio jacks) on your Z30 and SE "screwed up" your headphones and you had to replace them multiple times? Did the jacks eat your headphones' connectors or put an evil musical curse on them?

Can this thread get any more weird with posts from people who do not understand how hardware or software works?
    I think it eats them. Perhaps you have a credible alternative explanation for why all my original and non original headphones have died within a few months sometimes even weeks.

Example: got Z10. Headphones died within three or four months. Took out my 9900 headphones (used them more than a year without any issues) . They die within a month or two. Used the iPod headphones until Z30. Same riddle there and now with the SE.
    11-09-15 03:58 PM
    Are you using the BlackBerry earbuds or your own headphones?

I commonly run into defective jacks on airplanes due to the difference of 2 and 3 conductor plugs. If you are not using the earbuds from BlackBerry, I suggest you carefully examine your headphones for exact size as you may be causing physical damage. Smart phones have 3 conductor jacks for stereo plus mic, and other things without mic support just have 2 conductors for stereo sound.

Having 4 defective phones... not impossible, but very low odds and implies you're doing something wrong, however subtle that is. You should fire BlackBerry or BlackBerry should refund your money and fire you as a customer. After 4 fails, unless its food, air or water, give up.
    About the ear buds. I have had a set straight from BlackBerry. Which it turn out the headphones them selves had an internal short. But that wasn't the case for my headphone jack malfunctioning.

And I guessed I was doing something wrong. Which at first it turned out to be. But after running straight stock software fresh OS reload without apps added and still encountering screen freeze. That's hard to say user error at that point.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 04:08 PM
    Edit:
    11-09-15 04:09 PM
    Site promotion?????

No thanks... I'll pass.

Posted via CB10
    newcollector likes this.
    11-09-15 05:04 PM
    Hi all,

It's not complete BS, there was a website that made z10's shutdown or something or reboot or something hinky, I can't remember exactly I can go look for th thread...I called BS myself until i.went to.the site and it happened to me :-)

Digicel STL100-1 10.3.2.2474
    11-09-15 06:10 PM
    Based on your test link, I'd say that what your Passport got through the backdoor was an STD.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 06:31 PM
    Site promotion?????

No thanks... I'll pass.

Posted via CB10
    No.
    Not site promotion.
    Everyone just keeps on asking what site.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 06:57 PM
    Based on your test link, I'd say that what your Passport got through the backdoor was an STD.

Posted via CB10
    Lmao.....that would explain the headphone jack not working.
    But still the screen freeze issue can't be explained.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 06:58 PM
    Perhaps the headphone jack and screen were contaminated by a "foreign substance" while you were visiting fetlife.com?

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639 posted via CB10
    paulwallace1234 likes this.
    11-09-15 11:17 PM
    Lol funny. Never have i had the issue with my Passport SE. BlackBerry 10 Os is the best .

  
    11-10-15 01:55 AM
    Hi all,

It's not complete BS, there was a website that made z10's shutdown or something or reboot or something hinky, I can't remember exactly I can go look for th thread...I called BS myself until i.went to.the site and it happened to me :-)

Digicel STL100-1 10.3.2.2474
    Now that was an actual issue, with the 100-1 model, looked like a panic of sort to me.
    I've had Symbian do that before as well.

Posted via CB10 v....not telling
    11-10-15 04:02 AM
    I think it eats them. Perhaps you have a credible alternative explanation for why all my original and non original headphones have died within a few months sometimes even weeks.

Example: got Z10. Headphones died within three or four months. Took out my 9900 headphones (used them more than a year without any issues) . They die within a month or two. Used the iPod headphones until Z30. Same riddle there and now with the SE.
    Go to this LINK to read about what headphones are, what they are comprised of and how they work. After reading and thinking about it for a while, provide us with a credible scientific explanation that would explain how multiple hardware headphones by different manufacturers were "screwed up" and needed to be replaced because they were plugged into your two devices with BB10 software.
    11-10-15 06:03 AM
    Sounds like the OS blocked this thinking it has been compromised rendering your headphone jack inoperable. It doesn't happen with your Android because it's not blocked. You should heed the advice from BlackBerry and discontinue use of that site.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 07:30 AM
    Sounds like the OS blocked this thinking it has been compromised rendering your headphone jack inoperable. It doesn't happen with your Android because it's not blocked. You should heed the advice from BlackBerry and discontinue use of that site.

Posted via CB10
    I did stop using the site. Like I said, and problem solved.
    The bigger issue is the screen freeze. If don't go to potentially harmful sites and have only well know apps installed if they are not BlackBerry apps.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 09:18 AM
    I did stop using the site. Like I said, and problem solved.
    The bigger issue is the screen freeze. If don't go to potentially harmful sites and have only well know apps installed if they are not BlackBerry apps.

Posted via CB10
    Just don't call it a backdoor, or a security problem.

A bad script causes a driver to crash. This has nothing to do with being exposed to a security threat.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    rthonpm and saint613 like this.
    11-10-15 09:21 AM
    Go to this LINK to read about what headphones are, what they are comprised of and how they work. After reading and thinking about it for a while, provide us with a credible scientific explanation that would explain how multiple hardware headphones by different manufacturers were "screwed up" and needed to be replaced because they were plugged into your two devices with BB10 software.
    What does that link have to do with headphones getting fried out after a month or two once the person plugs into his Passport? Just wondering

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 09:25 AM
    This entire thread is cringe worthy
    Poi25 likes this.
    11-10-15 09:32 AM
    OP, provide the exact link in the domain which would trigger your alleged problem

Fetlife.com, when examined by www.VirusTotal.com, is clean as a whistle

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 09:48 AM
    Never had anything like this.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 11:28 AM
    Probably just crashing the Now Playing Connection, it's not hard to crash the Media System on BlackBerry 10

Posted via CB10 v....not telling
    11-10-15 11:39 AM
178 12345 ...