Some "questionable" websites will *attempt* to backdoor or otherwise enter your O.S. With solid security (such as my Linux PC or BB phones) the most "damage" it can do is freeze the device or temporarily bug some function out- because it *can't* get in to do its nasty work. This is bound to happen on occasion. A reboot or a hard reset always cures it for me.
    Last edited by garpt; 11-09-15 at 07:11 AM. Reason: spelling
    11-08-15 05:08 PM
    OP, it's called a code 14 virus... The problem is 14 inches in front of the screen

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 05:22 PM
    OP, it's called a code 14 virus... The problem is 14 inches in front of the screen

Posted via CB10
    Maybe if you have vision problems
    So you might want to go see an eye doctor if you have ran across code 14

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 05:42 PM
    Tall tale.....hmmm if that's true than why has BlackBerry replaced my phone 3 times and everytime I send logs to them they say, your right there is an issue with the OS but we can't figure it out.

Care to explain?

Posted via CB10
    Although I've never experienced your problems, you have to distinguish between a security exploit and an OS bug. If what you are saying is true, it speaks to the latter.

Your personal data has not been compromised, nor has OS code been re-written.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    anon(9188202) likes this.
    11-08-15 05:46 PM
    Although I've never experienced your problems, you have to distinguish between a security exploit and an OS bug. If what you are saying is true, it speaks to the latter.

Your personal data has not been compromised, nor has OS code been re-written.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    Understand.
    So if the app is singled out, other than removing and/or re writing the app can anything be done to stop it from taking control over the OS audio programming?

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 05:54 PM
    My god, what a bunch of sensational FUD speak in this thread.

Posted via CB10 // Passport SQW100-1 // 10.3.2.2339 // Cricket Wireless
    saint613 and Vistaus like this.
    11-08-15 05:59 PM
    You might want to try reading a full thread before posting comments.
    Additional information has been given.

And what your definition of a bug to an OS is another's definition of a Backdoor to the OS.

Posted via CB10
    No, by definition a bug is not intentional and a backdoor is. You're not using backdoor context, correctly. Crashing the audio driver on a BB handset is not a backdoor, best case its a bug.

And by details, I mean how to reproduce it exactly each time. You skimmed the details after your original post instead of including it in the first place. That should have been in post 1, so people can try and reproduce. If they can, it's a BB issue. If they can't, it's your issue.

Edit: Actually, I don't think I will be trying to reproduce issue.
    11-08-15 06:11 PM
    Maybe if you have vision problems
    So you might want to go see an eye doctor if you have ran across code 14

Posted via CB10
    OP, if BlackBerry lock access to everything on your phone, you won't be able to use your phone! So there's no way around it, they have to leave certain non critical stuff accessible. That's not at all a definition of "back door"

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 06:18 PM
    As the title says and I have experienced the longer I have had my Passport.
    Why is it, there are so many so called backdoors open on BB10 OS (original passport) for apps and Web pages to attack and manipulate the OS's basic functions like audio and touch screen?

So far, two websites effect audio that I have found.

And not being able to pin point the apps, but know the symptoms .....
    Which are....
    90% of the screen won't respond to touch.
    And the audios playback won't play Bass.

The fixes....
    OS reload after visiting the websites.
    Blackberrys fix was to not visit the sits.
    So no fix coming to repair that open backdoor in the OS.

As for the apps that cause screen issue and audio playback issues....
    OS reload without re installing app backups.
    Blackberrys suggested, do not reload the apps and continue to run stock apps, even though the apps are all from BlackBerry world with the exception of two amazon apps.
    So there's no interest in finding and fixing that backdoor either.

If I can find those backdoors on the Passport yet on Android the same apps and websites have no symptoms to the OS. How secure is BB10 in reality???

Yes BB10 has good security on the surface with BlackBerry Protect, but that's where it seems to stop.

Posted via CB10
    I call BS.
    11-08-15 06:26 PM
    No, by definition a bug is not intentional and a backdoor is. You're not using backdoor context, correctly. Crashing the audio driver on a BB handset is not a backdoor, best case its a bug.

And by details, I mean how to reproduce it exactly each time. You skimmed the details after your original post instead of including it in the first place. That should have been in post 1, so people can try and reproduce. If they can, it's a BB issue. If they can't, it's your issue.

Edit: Actually, I don't think I will be trying to reproduce issue.
    That's the problem.
    The issues can not be reproduced on cue.
    They happen on their own at random times on random days. The best I can say is it may be an app installed.

Just like my screen froze over 90% of the touch screen while typing a text out. No clue what causes it either.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 06:30 PM
    Reload os from autoloader.

Solved. Move on

Passport on 10.3.2 steroids
    11-08-15 06:58 PM
    Reload os from autoloader.

Solved. Move on

Passport on 10.3.2 steroids
    Just got off the phone with BlackBerry because the screen became useless on 90% of the screen.

Their replacing the device for the 4th time. They say it's hardware related. Not software.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 07:03 PM
    Be careful with the next one, you don't want to get any more viruses that infect your smartphone and hack the mainframe through Pandora app backdoors!!!1!1!

Posted via CB10 // Passport SQW100-1 // 10.3.2.2339 // Cricket Wireless
    saint613 likes this.
    11-08-15 07:30 PM
    Just got off the phone with BlackBerry because the screen became useless on 90% of the screen.

Their replacing the device for the 4th time. They say it's hardware related. Not software.

Posted via CB10
    Just scan and post the shipping invoices, otherwise I call BS.

First you say that they told you software, now hardware. Which is it? Can't keep your stories straight. The rest of us can.
    11-09-15 07:06 AM
    Just scan and post the shipping invoices, otherwise I call BS.

First you say that they told you software, now hardware. Which is it? Can't keep your stories straight. The rest of us can.
    I can keep my stories straight.
    I'll get them for you

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 07:24 AM
    Here's the RMA's
    Excuse the black outs. There's some information on them that doesn't need to be publicized.
    Also I'm looking into why that November 8th one says media. Waiting for response as we speak.
    Attachment 379715
    Why does BB10 on Passport have so many "backdoors" open for manipulation of OS-img_20151109_084927.png
    Why does BB10 on Passport have so many "backdoors" open for manipulation of OS-img_20151109_084915.png

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by zocster; 11-09-15 at 04:47 PM.
    11-09-15 07:52 AM
    Lol, sure BlackBerry loves this guy.
    anon(9188202) likes this.
    11-09-15 07:55 AM
    it is said that visiting fetlife.com too often can skew one's sense of reality. Disney.com is the recommended cure.
    11-09-15 08:12 AM
    it is said that visiting fetlife.com too often can skew one's sense of reality. Disney.com is the recommended cure.
    I'm sure it is.
    But than avoiding any questionable websites since the first RMA still doesn't explain the problems with these replacements.

This link shows the touch screen issue that no one can seem to pin point.
    Even after OS reload and no apps installed it still happens on the phone.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2X...ew?usp=sharing

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 08:55 AM
    Website.......
    Fetlife.com
    You visit some interesting sites, I tell you

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 09:40 AM
    Opened the fetlife. Jack works normally.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 09:52 AM
    Just opened fetlife, immediately saw what it was and closed it. Audio still works fine.

No idea what the problem could be OP.

Posted via my Awesome Red Passport running on T-Mobile Unlimited Data. SQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    11-09-15 09:57 AM
    Opened the fetlife. Jack works normally.

Posted via CB10
    Not concerned about the headphone jack. That problem was found and just stay away from it.

More curious about the issue in the link I posted a couple responses back.
    See below, it's a link to Google drive video clip.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by shawnreum; 11-09-15 at 11:36 AM.
    11-09-15 10:43 AM
    Not concerned about the headphone jack. That problem was found and just stay away from it.

More curious about the issue in the link I posted a couple responses back.
    See below, it's a link to Google drive video clip.

Posted via CB10
    There was no problem, other than your now 4th defective Passport, which is incredible in my opinion. The fact that you continue to stand by your faulty logic and massively wrong assumption is also incredible. Admit that you jumped to a terrible conclusion and thought that a single kinky website and a Pandora apk infiltrated your device through a "backdoor" and messed with your touchscreen/headphone jack output. Just a ridiculous post and the world's stupidest "attack" if it was actually true.

Those wishing to steal your identity and information have better things to do than making your sound not work through headphones and the middle of your touchscreen unresponsive.
    11-09-15 12:24 PM
    There was no problem, other than your now 4th defective Passport, which is incredible in my opinion. The fact that you continue to stand by your faulty logic and massively wrong assumption is also incredible. Admit that you jumped to a terrible conclusion and thought that a single kinky website and a Pandora apk infiltrated your device through a "backdoor" and messed with your touchscreen/headphone jack output. Just a ridiculous post and the world's stupidest "attack" if it was actually true.

Those wishing to steal your identity and information have better things to do than making your sound not work through headphones and the middle of your touchscreen unresponsive.
    Your on a trip?
    Sorry you don't like the hard really evidence of an issue Passport has.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 01:06 PM
178 1234 ...