As the title says and I have experienced the longer I have had my Passport.
    Why is it, there are so many so called backdoors open on BB10 OS (original passport) for apps and Web pages to attack and manipulate the OS's basic functions like audio and touch screen?

So far, two websites effect audio that I have found.

And not being able to pin point the apps, but know the symptoms .....
    Which are....
    90% of the screen won't respond to touch.
    And the audios playback won't play Bass.

The fixes....
    OS reload after visiting the websites.
    Blackberrys fix was to not visit the sits.
    So no fix coming to repair that open backdoor in the OS.

As for the apps that cause screen issue and audio playback issues....
    OS reload without re installing app backups.
    Blackberrys suggested, do not reload the apps and continue to run stock apps, even though the apps are all from BlackBerry world with the exception of two amazon apps.
    So there's no interest in finding and fixing that backdoor either.

If I can find those backdoors on the Passport yet on Android the same apps and websites have no symptoms to the OS. How secure is BB10 in reality???

Yes BB10 has good security on the surface with BlackBerry Protect, but that's where it seems to stop.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 08:49 AM
    I haven't ever heard this being an issue with anyone else on the forum, including myself.

By reload OS, do you mean restart phone? or do you reload the phone with a new slate of software?

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    Vistaus and andy957 like this.
    11-08-15 08:54 AM
    This is news to me but I haven't owned my Passport for very long either.
    Is this something that affects all BB10 devices? If so this sounds like a very serious issue that other people would have discovered and BlackBerry should've fixed by now.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 09:04 AM
    Maybe tell us what apps so we can see if we are having issues as well

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 09:09 AM
    This is news to me but I haven't owned my Passport for very long either.
    Is this something that affects all BB10 devices? If so this sounds like a very serious issue that other people would have discovered and BlackBerry should've fixed by now.

Posted via CB10
    This is not a case that I have heard of either. I had a Q10 from May 2013-June 2015 & a Passport from July 2015-present.

I have never experienced this on either of my BlackBerry 10 phones, so I would like to know exactly what the issue is. Might be an OS file corrupt

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    11-08-15 09:20 AM
    LOL Nothing like a tall tale to rack up a few points for Android and get the morning started.
    11-08-15 09:23 AM
    Oh.
    I think if you notice, the device you're most likely having this issue with isn't called a Passport. It has a slide-out keyboard and is called a 'Priv' and Android would be that 'backdoor king' lol

I'm kidding! Lol

But this does seem like a new situation. I'll subscribe to this thread in case someone else also has this happen (or in case this thread becomes hilarious lol).

 Frosty White Q10/10.3.2.2789 CB10 
    Last edited by jope28; 11-09-15 at 12:04 AM.
    11-08-15 09:48 AM
    There has been absolutely no mention ever of any exploitation such as this with BB10 phones, and the OS is rather mature at this point. Are you sure it's not just a poorly written app behaving badly? Do you have an app name that exhibits such behaviors?
    11-08-15 09:53 AM
    To have us help you can provide the websites in question. I've owned the passport since day one and never had this issue. If I visited a website that turned out to be possible questionable Bb10 would actually give me a warning about it to close it.
    Vistaus likes this.
    11-08-15 10:50 AM
    Now I've actually seen a thread about Audio Issues before, there's no actual backdoor but the browser has a Connection to the sort of Media brain of the OS.

Posted via CB10 v....not telling
    11-08-15 10:57 AM
    I've had my passport since Nov of 2014.... What apps and open doors are we talking about here? Please share.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 11:05 AM
    Mostly speculation, I believe.
    11-08-15 11:21 AM
    Sorry OP. You're confused. This is not Android Central forum.

Posted via CB10
    David Tyler likes this.
    11-08-15 11:34 AM
    If I can find those backdoors on the Passport yet on Android the same apps and websites have no symptoms to the OS. How secure is BB10 in reality???

Yes BB10 has good security on the surface with BlackBerry Protect, but that's where it seems to stop.

Posted via CB10
    Do you really believe Android is more secure than BlackBerry 10? If your answer is yes you've lost all credibility. If there are websites that do malicious things, don't visit them. There are sites that will have full screen ads that can't be closed or that popup messages when you try to leave. Those sites aren't representative of the security of the OS.

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport on CB10
    Barbareren likes this.
    11-08-15 11:36 AM

Posted via CB10
    That�s not true! Have a look at thread below and click on the link in the first post. BlackBerry is coming out with Security and Privacy updates for BB10 in early 2016.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...016-a-1046657/
    11-08-15 11:38 AM
    I've been visiting the weirdest, craziest and most NSFW websites since day one on this thing and I haven't noticed any bit of backdoor spamming or anything. If only you would provide the links I could check them out.
    11-08-15 01:20 PM
    I've been visiting the weirdest, craziest and most NSFW websites since day one on this thing and I haven't noticed any bit of backdoor spamming or anything. If only you would provide the links I could check them out.
    Website.......
    Fetlife.com

That website will make the headphone jack totally inoperable eventually, until you reboot the system. Or re install the OS.
    Blackberry tech support confirmed that the website does cause issues with the headphone jack, which is funny as Android doesn't have the same issue when visiting the site.

Amazon Android apps installed
    Pandora
    Rhapsody

If it's not the BlackBerry apps causing the Bass in music not to playback properly than its got to be one of those two amazon apps.

And about a dozen BlackBerry world apps installed. Which I have not gone thru the steps to eliminate any bad BlackBerry App.

Everyone can make fun of my OP but you don't experience the issues, I have.
    And these would be security issues of the OS, especially when other OS's of other types are not affected.

And yes, I'm running the latest version of BB10 from Link.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 02:17 PM
    LOL Nothing like a tall tale to rack up a few points for Android and get the morning started.
    Tall tale.....hmmm if that's true than why has BlackBerry replaced my phone 3 times and everytime I send logs to them they say, your right there is an issue with the OS but we can't figure it out.

Care to explain?

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 02:19 PM
    As the title says and I have experienced the longer I have had my Passport.
    Why is it, there are so many so called backdoors open on BB10 OS (original passport) for apps and Web pages to attack and manipulate the OS's basic functions like audio and touch screen?

So far, two websites effect audio that I have found.

And not being able to pin point the apps, but know the symptoms .....
    Which are....
    90% of the screen won't respond to touch.
    And the audios playback won't play Bass.

The fixes....
    OS reload after visiting the websites.
    Blackberrys fix was to not visit the sits.
    So no fix coming to repair that open backdoor in the OS.

As for the apps that cause screen issue and audio playback issues....
    OS reload without re installing app backups.
    Blackberrys suggested, do not reload the apps and continue to run stock apps, even though the apps are all from BlackBerry world with the exception of two amazon apps.

Posted via CB10
    You're not making any sense or giving useful details.

Not sure if you know bugs are not backdoors....

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 03:33 PM
    Tall tale.....hmmm if that's true than why has BlackBerry replaced my phone 3 times and everytime I send logs to them they say, your right there is an issue with the OS but we can't figure it out.

Care to explain?

Posted via CB10
    Why would you get new phones if its software?

Posted via CB10
    David Tyler and allsportsfan like this.
    11-08-15 03:37 PM

Posted via CB10
    That's something you would have to ask BlackBerry RMA department.

In short the best I can assume.
    They can't find the problem nor the app causing the issue.
    So instead of fixing the OS so the problem doesn't happen they just replace the device.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 03:54 PM
    You're not making any sense or giving useful details.

Not sure if you know bugs are not backdoors....

Posted via CB10
    You might want to try reading a full thread before posting comments.
    Additional information has been given.

And what your definition of a bug to an OS is another's definition of a Backdoor to the OS.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 03:56 PM
    But in short!!!
    Who wants a buggy Passport with an easily manipulated OS?

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 03:57 PM

Posted via CB10
    Judging from his choice in websites, maybe it's his fetish.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 03:58 PM
    Never had issues with my Passport since day 1.
    11-08-15 04:50 PM
178 123 ...