their all iphone puppets

Sent from my BlackBerry bugatti using Tapatalk
    09-26-14 09:31 AM
    i think the most ridiculous comments in one of those reviews was that:

- because of the strange screen shape, web browsing would look awkward!! what?? b1tch please, this is non sense!!
    just look at that screen, and look at any webpage!!
    Agreed, I really think that might be one of its best uses.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 09:32 AM
    Such a double standard those web sites play by. Simply put, they feel threatened from a supposed inferior product and throw up any frivolous excuse they can.
    thats true

Sent from my BlackBerry bugatti using Tapatalk
    09-26-14 09:32 AM
    It is because the phone is wider and it takes time to deal with that. If one handed use is important to you - then the Passport probably isn't the right phone to get. You will want the Classic, Q10, Q5, or Z10 (or Z30 if you don't have small hands).
    09-26-14 11:19 AM
    Because it doesn't have an Apple logo on it. If it did, it'd be revolutionary.
    This made my day LMFAO.....Thanks!!!

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 11:48 AM
    It just needs to be able to bend guys...that's the in thing for phones these days. And I heard if the new OS stops you from making or receiving calls, that's even better. Sadly the Passport does none of these...
    09-26-14 01:04 PM
    Wait for 2 years and apple will replicate this model and they will call it innovation!

Addicted to Z30
    cooper_tor likes this.
    09-26-14 01:06 PM
    i think the most ridiculous comments in one of those reviews was that:

- because of the strange screen shape, web browsing would look awkward!! what?? b1tch please, this is non sense!!
    just look at that screen, and look at any webpage!!
    hAHAHA. So true. THe phone itself is fine. People are so wrapped up in the negative press. I held one the other day it and was smaller than the note and just a tad wider than the z10. Good phone in my opinion for size.
    09-26-14 11:37 PM
    Wait for 2 years and apple will replicate this model and they will call it innovation!

Addicted to Z30
    Won't happen, keyboard is not in Apple's agenda, they'll be sued left, right and centre like typo did.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    09-26-14 11:42 PM
    Because they are idiots..

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 07:25 AM
    It doesn't make sense. The Verge, Mashable and WSJ have really negative review about Passport.

I do not agree with them. But come on... Apple have iPhone 6 PLUS and Samsung and Sony has too big phones too... that's not a problem... but when BB does, it called "strange and ackward"
    It's "too big" because it's not Apple or an Android device. If either company made the same thing (especially Apple), it would no doubt be received with more favorability than the Passport. These reviewers are completely entrenched to the point of existing in an echo chamber. They absolutely cannot fathom how people could ever use something that isn't a rectangular slab. It's like it insults them, which speaks to some sort of psychosis as far as I'm concerned.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 09:20 AM

Addicted to Z30
    Everyone use everybody innovation/idea. Do you think bb10 swipe gestures is innovation. This swipe gestures already available in meego harmattan first. The homescreen, active frame/task manager, notification area/hub. It looks exactly like meego harmattan. Even bb10 and Ui looks like ios especially the "switch".

Symbian is still and always my favourite Os. Nokia 808. FilePLAY Music Player
    09-27-14 10:02 AM
    Why do reviewers call Passport "too big"?!-54782746.jpg

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    09-27-14 10:05 AM
    The mainstream tech media has been predicting BlackBerry's demise for the last few years. Now they need to play their part in order for them to look like they were correct. Yes, the phone is wide, which is the point of the design, you can now read and view web pages much more efficiently. I just keep laughing at the "it's too big" reviews. But, just like the new Galaxy Note commercials have cleverly pointed out, this is just how they always respond to anything new or different that Apple didn't do first.
    It doesn't make sense. The Verge, Mashable and WSJ have really negative review about Passport.

I do not agree with them. But come on... Apple have iPhone 6 PLUS and Samsung and Sony has too big phones too... that's not a problem... but when BB does, it called "strange and ackward"
    Maybe because they feel it's too big? Reviews will always be subjective by the person writing them.
    09-27-14 10:09 AM
    Well it is bigger than your typical phone. Going from the 9900 to the Passport there is a definite bigness to it but when you see that screen displaying a pic or anything for that matter, it is well worth the difference in my opinion.

I carry mine in my front pant pocket like I did the 9900, don't notice it because it seems so thin.
    09-29-14 03:41 PM
    Won't happen, keyboard is not in Apple's agenda, they'll be sued left, right and centre like typo did.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    They may not do it the same way..oooo..its innovation!

Addicted to Z30
    09-29-14 03:47 PM
    The Passport is heavy and wide. It's an awkward shape, but I'm beginning to love it. I still have no idea where to place it in my car, though.

Posted with Passport via CB10
    09-29-14 03:50 PM
    Because they are morons. They should at least use it for a day before passing judgment.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 03:58 PM
    I believe that as long as BlackBerry continues to make Phones of that quality they will someday rise again because after a while the majority of people out there WILL notice the difference in quality, productivity and feeling. At least I hope that this will happen. And I have to say that a lot of my friends do actually like my BlackBerry once they see it/ hold it in their hands. But they just don't think about BlackBerry when buying their phones.

Awesome = Z30
    09-29-14 04:08 PM
    I always thought reviews from the various popular tech sites are some what bias. Personal opinions of their own perspective of a device, rather then being solely neutral. I have not seen the Passport in person, I would assume the Galaxy Note series are considered big as well. Blackberry is just viewed negatively. It is probably big for some people with smaller hands, maybe all the reviewers have small hands.
    10-01-14 09:42 AM
    These reviewers are too afraid to be positive about BlackBerry because they are scared of the lack of funds and freebie backhands the likes of apple and samsung pay plus they generally are not intelligent people, just wanna be tech no alls.

It fits in your pockets fine, the keyboard is awesome, the square shape is perfect for email, watching vids/youtube, playing games, browsing and believe it or not that old fashioned thing called talking with!

I can navigate with one thumb reasonably well just you need two for typing which is no big deal.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 09:59 AM
    Folks, i have had the Passport for 3 days. Here are my quick thoughts - I think that we ought to create a review thread.

At first - it is very awkward. We all expect to be able to wrap our hands around a phone as we have always known (from our home cordless to our mobiles). In that fashion is the not comfortable.

But, after a bout two days, you find your own way of holding the phone and it really starts to get better. I hold it in a manner like a little mini tablet. You have to be careful with your balance of the unit.

The other thing that happens, also, though - is that you get REALLY used to looking at the bigger screen and you being to love it. It feels more natural, more airy, less stressful.

The other thing that happens, is if you go back to your Z10 or Z30 - you suddenly find it cramped.

In short, the Passport is not for everyone. And, it takes time to get used to. But it is a real innovation and for those who can stick with it - you will find it a pleasure on the eyes, and the speed and Blend are excellent.
    FairlightRacing likes this.
    10-01-14 10:03 AM
    Wait, are people really saying here that they have difficulty putting this phone in their pockets? Even wearing skinny jeans I put the bbpp in my front pocket all the time, and I've had the passport since release.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 10:04 AM
    actually, it's feels heck a lot bigger than those 16:9 phones due to it's wide width. i hope they release passport mini

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 10:18 AM
    It is not too big for two-handed operation . . . it is a little too wide for single-handed operation.

Its dimensions are not too different from those of http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/LG_Optimus_Vu, I suppose.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 10:19 AM
57 123