It doesn't make sense. The Verge, Mashable and WSJ have really negative review about Passport.

I do not agree with them. But come on... Apple have iPhone 6 PLUS and Samsung and Sony has too big phones too... that's not a problem... but when BB does, it called "strange and ackward"
    09-25-14 06:55 AM
    It doesn't make sense. The Verge, Mashable and WSJ have really negative review about Passport.

I do not agree with them. But come on... Apple have iPhone 6 PLUS and Samsung and Sony has too big phones too... that's not a problem... but when BB does, it called "strange and ackward"
    To some of these sites, blackberry will never get an honest review.
    lang007, vptsff, Alvin Loh and 1 others like this.
    09-25-14 06:58 AM
    Because they don't know what's good.

Using Z10, wanting Z30, eyeing Windermere
    lang007 likes this.
    09-25-14 06:58 AM
    Because despite being shorter than most other phones, it's a fraction wider, and NOBODY can handle that.

09-25-14 06:59 AM
    Such a double standard those web sites play by. Simply put, they feel threatened from a supposed inferior product and throw up any frivolous excuse they can.
    anon3230140 and thymaster like this.
    09-25-14 07:08 AM
    I held the iphone6 plus.. that thing is huge and you need 2 hands to use it. Passport is wide for a purpose.
    09-25-14 07:13 AM
    Because those sites made videos for their subscribers that doesn't like BlackBerry lol

Posted via CB10
    lang007 and thymaster like this.
    09-25-14 07:36 AM
    Not this is the real reason

Because those sites made videos for their subscribers that doesn't like BlackBerry lol

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 08:24 AM
    It is a big phone....i haven't held the phone itself, but held a case for the phone and it is a big phone. That's just a fact.
    09-26-14 07:54 AM
    I haven't touched Passport, and I am almost sold on Passport, but I would have to agree Passport is "too big". I think what they really mean to say is that the whole shape is a bit awkward rather than that it's literally too big. They aren't articulating it well. And yes, it may be a bias from having rectangular phones around for so long, but Passport does look a bit fat on the sides and short on length. That actually is one of the few remaining reasons that make me still be on the fence about Passport. I held an actual passport in my hand last night, and it wasn't too bad. I think the hands in the pictures I see on the internet holding Passport are a bit small. Passport is a bit wide, but I don't think unwieldily so.
    09-26-14 07:58 AM
    something being big is subjective. reviews are supposed to be objective. its too big for someone who is used to an iphone but small to someone who used a note before.... you just cant say something is too big in a review. maybe "big for me" but better just telling people the actual dimensions...
    Bobert_123 likes this.
    09-26-14 08:01 AM
    I compare the reception of the Passport to that of the Galaxy Note 1 where people thought it was too big. I held it myself and it did feel a little awkward, but as Kevin said, it does take a while to get used to. As wide as it was the screen was absolutely stunning.
    vtpmt81, ubizmo and andy957 like this.
    09-26-14 08:08 AM
    Going on my second day with mine now. The phone is different from anything out there. If people give it a try I think many would like it. The size to me is fine. It fits fine in the front pocket of my jeans and the screen is great when doing emails. It's surely not for everyone. I love it though. Seems most of the reviews I have read are reviewing based on the average consumer wants and mind set. That is not the target audience For this device. That audience was never what BlackBerry wanted to focus on and when they did they failed. I am happy to see them return to their roots. I think this phone will do really well with the people it is meant for.

Passport on AT&T
    howards likes this.
    09-26-14 08:08 AM
    i think the most ridiculous comments in one of those reviews was that:

- because of the strange screen shape, web browsing would look awkward!! what?? b1tch please, this is non sense!!
    just look at that screen, and look at any webpage!!
    thymaster and FairlightRacing like this.
    09-26-14 08:17 AM
    It is a little bit strangely wide for putting into jeans front pocket. Not talking about skinny jeans here either...

Other than that, I think the size is fine.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 08:24 AM
    The mainstream tech media has been predicting BlackBerry's demise for the last few years. Now they need to play their part in order for them to look like they were correct. Yes, the phone is wide, which is the point of the design, you can now read and view web pages much more efficiently. I just keep laughing at the "it's too big" reviews. But, just like the new Galaxy Note commercials have cleverly pointed out, this is just how they always respond to anything new or different that Apple didn't do first.
    Last edited by molonlabe2a; 09-26-14 at 10:07 AM.
    09-26-14 08:25 AM
    I want to like this phone... but I can't imagine putting it in my pocket... maybe it fits in there if I make it... but I bet it would limit my range of motion.... I probably won't be able to crouch... or raise my knee above my waist.... this is inevitably gonna hinder my kicking ability... and you really don't want to compromise that.... cuz sometimes you just need to kick somebody....
    09-26-14 08:34 AM
    This is a Back Pocket phone, or a jacket pocket!
    I'm actually ok with it
    09-26-14 09:06 AM
    As long as you don't have two phones with one in each pocket you'll be fine. If you kick with your right foot, keep the phone in your left pocket and vice versa.
    ilmizi and vaioman like this.
    09-26-14 09:11 AM

Because it doesn't have an Apple logo on it. If it did, it'd be revolutionary.
    vtpmt81, deltact, scmcc16 and 7 others like this.
    09-26-14 09:17 AM
    I think it's the fact that it's wider than any other "big" phone out there (iPhone 6 plus, Note4, lumia 1520).
    09-26-14 09:19 AM
    It's big and the shape is different. People fear change. In the mainstream press, they like to follow the crowd. If what they're reviewing is in line with what's popular, then they'll go right along with that. These aren't people who want to be different. They want to be popular.

Personally I'm willing to admit that it's size and shape will not appeal to everyone. I like the phone but I'm not going to lie and say it wouldn't be a pain for me to find somewhere to carry it. It's not going to fit in my pockets or in my small purse. My Z10 barely fits in most of my coat pockets.

Having said that, it's okay to say the size and shape will not work for most people, but at least be fair about the features. It may be awkward, but it still functions very well.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 09:22 AM
    The "too big" comments mostly refer to the fact that it is too big to use with a single hand.

The utility of the rectangular shape of most modern smartphones is that you can use them with one hand in portrait orientation for many interactive tasks. With the Passport, it's too wide to both hold it and type into it with one hand. Other phablets like the Galaxy Note and the iPhone 6+ have introduced UI innovations so that users can use them single-handedly (moving virtual keyboards and icons within reach of one hand, etc). Because of its shape and physical keyboard, there are not similar solutions when it comes to the Passport.

Other negative reviews have pointed out other areas where Passport lags the competition like lower levels of product support, strange design, lower brand prestige, weaker software ecosystem, BB10 slow power-on times, and lack of US carrier support (no time frame on US carrier launch and exclusive launch to one carrier, AT&T) , etc.

Most people on Crackberry know the pluses and minuses of Passport by now, so if the phone is for you, then who cares what the Wall Street Journal and other reviewers think?

Z-30 / STA100-5 / 10.3.0.1154 / T-Mobile USA
    09-26-14 09:25 AM
    As long as you don't have two phones with one in each pocket you'll be fine. If you kick with your right foot, keep the phone in your left pocket and vice versa.
    That's actually a pretty good idea... looks like I've rationalized getting a passport now
    09-26-14 09:26 AM
    I held the iphone6 plus.. that thing is huge and you need 2 hands to use it. Passport is wide for a purpose.
    And iphone is huge for a reason also. Don't be bias just because you love BlackBerry. We all do.

Symbian is still and always my favourite Os. Nokia 808. FilePLAY Music Player
    09-26-14 09:28 AM
57 123