My BlackBerry Passport has become my device of choice. I hardly use my laptop and as for my tablet, it just gathering dust. Yes, I do use my tablet from time to time, but I always find myself going right back to my Passport...

Posted via my incredible Passport
    01-27-16 07:03 PM
    I myself have wondered about this, having seen several reviews where the author uses BOTH a Passport and a Classic.

The Passport is an iphone turned sideways yet with the same vertical view, instead of having it ruined by a soft keyboard lol. I'm genuinely thinking of adding a Passport to my list of goodies.
    01-27-16 07:10 PM
    Yep. Most of the time my Passport has replaced both my laptop and my tablet. A lot of people who own a Passport say the same.
    01-27-16 11:23 PM
    When I was using my Passport exclusively, I actually ended up selling my tablets. I had an iPad and a PlayBook, and both of them were useless. I only used them to browse the Internet or play games: NOTHING productive at all. So I quickly sold those time-wasting devices and have actually transitioned from the Passport to the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    01-27-16 11:26 PM
    It's been two weeks since I've used my laptop. When I do pull it out it's for streaming sports when I'm on the road. At my office it's my desktop but mostly my Passport.

"I don't think that word means what you think it means."
    01-28-16 02:00 AM
    Screen estate would be a major reason for me.

*A3-A20
    01-28-16 03:02 AM
    Screen estate would be a major reason for me.

*A3-A20
    I can always connect the passport to the HDMI monitor in the hotel room when I travel. No need to carry a tablet as well.
    01-28-16 05:49 AM
    I can always connect the passport to the HDMI monitor in the hotel room when I travel. No need to carry a tablet as well.
    Curious how you do that. I have an SE Passport. Do you use a special adapter? Are you talking about the tv monitor, or a computer monitor?
    01-28-16 05:57 AM
    Curious how you do that. I have an SE Passport. Do you use a special adapter? Are you talking about the tv monitor, or a computer monitor?
    There is an hdmi adaptor you can buy from shopblackberry or a regular computer store.
    If you are in toronto, there is one on college street east of spadina on the north side.
    You can connect to a regular TV with HDMI inputs. Most have 1-3 such inputs these days. I have been doing it since 2012 when I bought my playbook, and later with z10, z30, and now, with an adaptor, with the passport. Much easier to carry around than a tablet.
    I only carry my tablet with me because I may need it as a backup book reader on very very long flights across the Pacific, and as a second TV channel. Good to watch different soccer games in parallel...
    01-28-16 07:09 AM
    Only for WANTED and not needed droid apps. Don't forget Blend, those are the only reasons I can justify a droid tablet.
    01-28-16 08:31 AM
    You need a slim port adaptor for passport! I have and it is ok and works with synq pod too!

Posted via CB10
    LoneStarRed likes this.
    01-28-16 11:50 AM
    You need a slim port adaptor for passport! I have and it is ok and works with synq pod too!

Posted via CB10
    Thanks. Yes, it's a Slimport. Don't assume it will be in stock, call ahead. Not everyone carries it. I have one. Does the job. You may need a longer conventional HDMI cable as well depending on the length of the Slimport cable.

01-28-16 01:52 PM
    Thanks. Yes, it's a Slimport. Don't assume it will be in stock, call ahead. Not everyone carries it. I have one. Does the job. You may need a longer conventional HDMI cable as well depending on the length of the Slimport cable.

I use the Microsoft Wireless Display adapter. Works great with my Passport and Q10.

 Frosty White Q10/.2876 CB10 
    01-28-16 02:37 PM
    the keyboard rocks
    01-28-16 06:42 PM
    I agree OP. Just another benefit of the Passport that I wish the rest of the world knew about. I too don't have a need for tablet anymore, and often I sit down and don't even open my laptop because I can continue to work on my Passport. Really is a great phone.
    01-30-16 05:28 AM
    What do you mean by work on passport? I need PC for working. All you can do on Passport is to browse the Web (with some limitations in compare to PC) and answer on email.

But if you even want to relax, watch some videos on youtube, read forums or surf the web, it's much more convenient to use a PC rather than passport.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-16 06:04 AM
    I got passport SE as the phone, and an iPad pro as a tablet. I also got Xperia tablet 3..both are very good. Passport is best communication and work device there is, and ios tablets gave best tablet experience, media consumption, and reading.

Passport SE
    01-30-16 06:06 AM
    What do you mean by work on passport? I need PC for working. All you can do on Passport is to browse the Web (with some limitations in compare to PC) and answer on email.

But if you even want to relax, watch some videos on youtube, read forums or surf the web, it's much more convenient to use a PC rather than passport.

Posted via CB10
    Well certainly I agree that there is better viewing on a PC, but all of my work communications, calculations, and even much of my document creation is done from my Passport. I can print over wifi from it as well. I watch videos on it every day while on the treadmill, view spreadsheets, and check my newsfeeds and forums with it as well. About the only thing I use my PC (actually laptop) for these days is for some document, spreadsheet, or powerpoint creation. Obviously we all use our devices differently based on our needs, but for me my Passport takes care of most of it.
    alexeysalo likes this.
    01-30-16 06:38 AM
    I used to do a lot of work on my Passport before transitioning to my Classic. I used to use the Passport for writing up Word documents at meetings and conferences, I would view PDFs with ease, and I would write up the odd spreadsheet here and there. This was before I realized that the Classic could still do all of that, minus the bulk. Not only that, but the trackpad actually makes text selection, spreadsheet cell selection, and clicking on webpage links a TON more convenient.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-16 07:16 AM