I purchased my passport on amazon because I'm extremely impatient, and couldn't wait for the blackberry shop to restock their supply.

I paid way above the $599 for my passport, and when it was received, only then did I realize it had a qwertz keyboard, rather than qwerty. I purchased my phone through a third party vendor, and the vendor was German. (I'm American. )

It stated clearly on the device description at the time of purchase that it had a qwertz keyboard, but it just didn't register with me what that meant.

And you know what? It was worth every single penny. I actually like the qwertz keyboard, because it makes my device that much different. That, and the Blackberry Passport is the best handset I've ever owned, and BlackBerry OS 10 has instantly become my favorite mobile operating system.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport.
    jupiter8 likes this.
    11-12-14 11:00 PM
    Bottom line is Amazon is the online shopping standard against which all others shoud be judged. Not perfect but certainly the best.
    11-12-14 11:06 PM
    I'm in Toronto Canada and ordered mine today from Amazon.com (not .ca)
    The UPS tracking scan, just a few hours after it left wherever it is coming from, has a departure scan located in "Ontario, CA, USA".
    Does anyone know if it is actually coming from a town "Ontario" in California (just a silly coincidence), or if it was in Ontario Canada in the first place?
    I was charged the full duties deposit.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 11:59 PM
    I'm in Toronto Canada and ordered mine today from Amazon.com (not .ca)
    The UPS tracking scan, just a few hours after it left wherever it is coming from, has a departure scan located in "Ontario, CA, USA".
    Does anyone know if it is actually coming from a town "Ontario" in California (just a silly coincidence), or if it was in Ontario Canada in the first place?
    I was charged the full duties deposit.

Posted via CB10
    Ontario, California.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-14 12:08 AM
    Damnit lol oh well

Posted via CB10
    11-13-14 12:13 AM
    Because they ship to my country and are very fast. Took only 4 days till it got to my house. If our local carrier delivered on a Sunday then it would be just 3 days

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    11-13-14 12:14 AM
    They were actually guaranteeing delivery to Toronto Canada from the U.S. Within 2 days from when I ordered it.... and UPS tracking for some reason is projecting a delivery time a whole day earlier.
    If they do manage to get it delivered just a day after my order like they are projecting, I will be really impressed and shocked.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-14 12:24 AM
    What kind of shipping was this with? Amazon Prime 2-day? I'm going the same route as you (buying from .com and shipping it to Canada).
    11-13-14 12:57 AM
    If you're suggesting to buy one just to try one with no intention of keeping it, then I say no, it's not a good idea, not for me at least. I don't like to do things like that, but I suppose it's possible to do that so if you want to, it's up to you.

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    That's not what I was suggesting. Placing a $600 bet on unique device you can't hold before you buy is a risk. I will "probably" like it, but don't know for sure. This is how many people will end up with a Classic.
    11-13-14 09:10 AM
    That's not what I was suggesting. Placing a $600 bet on unique device you can't hold before you buy is a risk. I will "probably" like it, but don't know for sure. This is how many people will end up with a Classic.
    Oh ok, wasn't sure what you meant by that. But definitely if you are just concerned you might not like it and was interested in owning one, then yes, the return policy gives you peace of mind that you have some time to try it out and see if it's indeed the phone for you. Sorry for the confusion. :-)

11-13-14 09:30 AM
    I purchased my passport on amazon because I'm extremely impatient, and couldn't wait for the blackberry shop to restock their supply.

I paid way above the $599 for my passport, and when it was received, only then did I realize it had a qwertz keyboard, rather than qwerty. I purchased my phone through a third party vendor, and the vendor was German. (I'm American. )

It stated clearly on the device description at the time of purchase that it had a qwertz keyboard, but it just didn't register with me what that meant.

And you know what? It was worth every single penny. I actually like the qwertz keyboard, because it makes my device that much different. That, and the Blackberry Passport is the best handset I've ever owned, and BlackBerry OS 10 has instantly become my favorite mobile operating system.

Lmao so you're using a qwertz keyboard instead? That's so bizarre lol. I mean, with the American software updates, does the z become a y?

Posted via unlocked PASSPORT
    11-13-14 10:35 AM
    Nope. The y is a y, and the z is a z. I thought I would never get used to it, but that hasn't been the case. That, and I tend to use flick typing more often than not.

11-13-14 11:21 AM
    Not that type of person.
    But, it is good to know that returns (especially hassle-free) these days!
    And, interest free shopping to pay over a year? Makes sense.

What happened to the days, of the customer always being right? Out modes by the hunger for profit?

If you're suggesting to buy one just to try one with no intention of keeping it, then I say no, it's not a good idea, not for me at least. I don't like to do things like that, but I suppose it's possible to do that so if you want to, it's up to you.

11-13-14 12:22 PM
    I applied for and was approved for a Amazon.com Visa Signature Card and received a $30 credit/gift card immediately that I applied to my Passport purchase using my new Amazon.com Visa card. This $30 credit paid for a majority of the $54 sales tax that I had to pay as a California resident....

Ordered on a Saturday and received my phone Monday (I'm also a Amazon Prime trial member which gives me a 2 day priority shipping on all my orders.

If my phone is defective under the 30 day return policy, there is no hassle to return and they will pay for return shipping AND post office will pick up the item at your home.

When I received the phone, I'm a T-Mobile customer and realized I needed a Nano Sim card. Went to my local T-Mobile store and they trimmed my current card to fit my new phone. He was VERY impressed with the phone and I spent some time showing off the new Passport. He was IMPRESSED! He also suggested I get an adapter for the Nano card so I could switch back to my Z30 if I needed to do so. Just wish T-Mobile didn't end their relationship of Blackberry..

So far, I am still learning the ins and outs of the phone
    11-13-14 05:22 PM
    Amazon is the way to go because if you ever need to have your phone replaced in the first 30 days for a hardware issue, they cross-ship. I had to do two replacements for one phone; third time was the charm, and Amazon had great customer service.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    11-13-14 06:18 PM
    [QUrOTE=DazzlaUK;11073722]What kind of shipping was this with? Amazon Prime 2-day? I'm going the same route as you (buying from .com and shipping it to Canada).[/QUOTE]

Just their regular international shipping from US to Canada.
    Phone arrived mid morning today, only 18 hours after I placed the order... crazy fast. Total cost was US$700 including all shipping and duties.
    I'm typing this on it now.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-14 06:50 PM
    Including shipping and duties? You made out well zyad.
    Let us know how the Passport experience is going?
    11-13-14 07:46 PM
    Because it was free two day shipping with prime and I can return it if I decide it's not for me in 30 days.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-14 08:39 PM
    Including shipping and duties? You made out well zyad.
    Let us know how the Passport experience is going?
    I didn't do anything special. No Amazon Prime, no coupons etc....
    Phone is good. I'm just trying to readjust to a keyboard coming from a Z30, on which I'd type lightening fast.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-14 09:22 PM
44 12