06-18-17 09:53 PM
29 12
tools
    BlackBerry user since '06. I thought passport was cool for first few weeks then nothing made sense. Square screen? What were they thinking?? New keyboard layout, what were they thinking?? Releasing a phone right before axing development of bb10 what, what were they thinking???

I have the SE edition for a little over a year and now on a daily and i have to do the following multiple times
    - restart, soft and hard.
    - browser crashes multiple times daily
    - network drops regularly
    - screws have fallen out
    - headphone jack shorts out and sound goes out of phase daily
    - memory can't manage itself efficiently
    - websites progressively are becoming unusable
    And list could go on...

This is only my experience but I'd go as far as saying that even the storm never gave me this much grief.

The passport makes NO SENSE at all!!!!

Keyone on the way I really hope that it makes more sense than this POS.

Has anyone else been driven to their wits end by this device??

it's got me so fed up that as soon as I have my keyone ill be smashing this to pieces with my axe. Geeeeeez.
    Last edited by gregstaa; 06-12-17 at 04:42 PM.
    06-12-17 04:29 PM
    Sounds like you should have returned it upon deciding it, in your own words, made no sense. The Passport was a great device for me in the time I used it. That said, it seems whatever they did with 10.3.3 (or didn't do) has not exactly improved the experience.
    nolimits7 and SoundChaser007 like this.
    06-12-17 04:52 PM
    The Passport was released in 2014. The SE variant was just a minor refresh from 2015.

You didn't know about the size of the screen and keyboard? It's not junk just because it doesn't suit your particular needs.

As far as the software issues, do a clean install with an autoloader:

https://mega.nz/#!4B4RATaB!VNMD0CNU6...yyCKbK6eS6TW9Q
    06-12-17 04:55 PM
    I can only feel sorry. I've been enjoying the passport, and hoping it to last longer than anticipated.

-trackwheel-trackball-trackpad-keyboardtouch-
    06-12-17 06:57 PM
    If you're going to smash your Passport SE, you should at least film it for us and do some "JerryRig" style testing. I'd be curious to see how it holds up.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-17 08:16 PM
    I scratch my head with this. All three Passports I have had have been the most reliable phones I have ever owned, by far. Priv has been hit and miss, the DTEK50 has been surprisingly reliable except for somewhat weak performance compared to Priv and Passport. But hey, it's made by human and an assembly line. Stuff happens and you should have returned it, so no one to blame but yourself. Sorry. I am sure the KeyOne will be a great replacement for you though.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-17 08:54 PM
    Guess what , have my first Passport SE 2 years ago, sold it and went for Keyone for two weeks, hate it and sold it once again and bought myself a new PAssport SE for anther good couple of years.
    06-13-17 05:00 AM
    I didn't have issue. My red passport working great.
    In fact I did brought priv few months back but my passport still my main devices. The only way to not using my passport is to not bring it with me.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-17 09:08 AM
    Sorry for you, but my love for my Passport SE is unwavering.

Posted via CB10
    teknofish likes this.
    06-13-17 09:22 AM
    I can't stand the android candy bar form factor. I can't handle it easily in one hand and I can't fit it in my pocket.

I have had a lot of Hardware issues with the passport but none have discourage me from just replacing the old one and getting a new one.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-17 11:04 AM
    BlackBerry user since '06. I thought passport was cool for first few weeks then nothing made sense. Square screen? What were they thinking?? New keyboard layout, what were they thinking?? Releasing a phone right before axing development of bb10 what, what were they thinking???

I have the SE edition for a little over a year and now on a daily and i have to do the following multiple times
    - screws have fallen out
    And list could go on...

This is only my experience but I'd go as far as saying that even the storm never gave me this much grief.

it's got me so fed up that as soon as I have my keyone ill be smashing this to pieces with my axe. Geeeeeez.
    Lol. My str8 up double-G A!
    06-13-17 11:23 AM
    I have run three passports for daily abuse over the years. Sold the att one for nicer keyboard on SE. Best phone, pocket computer on planet. Antenna. Phone quality matters. Facebook. Message apps don't.

Sent from one of my SE Passports using BB10 superior software.
    06-13-17 12:22 PM
    I think we all just got caught in a drive-by.
    anon(10252394) likes this.
    06-13-17 01:36 PM
    it's ok to not like a phone ..even despise it...but why stay with it over a year?!
    06-13-17 05:00 PM
    If you're going to smash your Passport SE, you should at least film it for us and do some "JerryRig" style testing. I'd be curious to see how it holds up.

Posted via CB10
    Or just gift it to me. I'll even pay the shipping.

Just tossing some ideas around lol

 Classically Posted SQC100-4/10.3.2.2876 
    06-16-17 09:33 PM
    None of those problems occurs on my Passport SE, thankfully.. mine is a flawless device. In fact, out of all my BB's it's my favorite.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-17 12:12 AM
    Guys what should I do with my issue of keyboard touch is crashed, whenever I turn on in it start scrolling by itself at a very fast pace with my any intervention,mine is just a month old.

Passport Silver Edition
    06-17-17 02:03 AM
    Guys what should I do with my issue of keyboard touch is crashed, whenever I turn on in it start scrolling by itself at a very fast pace with my any intervention,mine is just a month old.

Passport Silver Edition
    Try a clean install. If that doesn't help, take it back and have it replaced under warranty
    06-17-17 02:34 AM
    Man out of the 3 different passports I have had all worked great even right now I have the SE passport and it works great. I don't think it has ever had a random reboot out of all the phones I have owned being as old as it is its the only phone that can still be used as a daily driver and a I still enjoy it. What screws are falling out? You sure you have an official blackberry lol

Posted via CB10
    06-17-17 03:43 PM

- screws have fallen out
    And list could go on...

Sorry to hear that and it's hard to believe about those issues. Where did you get the phone from? Was it previously owned or brand new?

My passport runs flawlessly and I will use it as long the battery will work. It's great device.
    06-18-17 12:28 AM
    My AT&T version works flawlessly.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-17 12:19 PM
    Square screen is just perfect for my taste of reading. But I understand everyone has preferences. It seems like buyer remorse aggravates the existing issue with passport.

Posted via Blackberry Passport
    06-18-17 12:37 PM
    I wonder if the OP smashed his Passport already since he's been a ghost since his original post.

 Posted via my Red Passport SQW100-1/10.3.3.2163  pin:2C09CE92
    06-18-17 12:58 PM
    No offence but your post makes no sense. Why didn't you return it if you didn't like it? Had you complained about the lack of apps I would have been more inclined to sympathise with you. Although to be fair I find something refreshing about not having one billion notifications a min on my phone. I get enough emails as it is and honestly nothing beats the email on bb10.

The only real problem I find with the Passport is that soon the only good messenger with HUB support is the dead BBM and while my company uses G Suite, ironically, decision made by me and the Google apps don't work great my work phone remains the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-17 01:50 PM
    I think that Gregstaa baited the hook, and you guys couldn't resist. All the screws are covered! How could they fall out?

Posted via CB10
    06-18-17 03:27 PM
29 12