I don't get it. The media attention seems to be all to the classic, often with no mention of the passport and Verizon and TMobile are not getting the Passport. Makes no sense. The Passport is the one that could really bring in new users.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 07:42 AM
    It falls in line with the narrative that BlackBerry is not innovative, a has-been rehashing old ideas. "Here is a phone, called the Classic, with three year old specs, that looks like the phone you stopped using half a decade ago," plays out better than, "Here is the Passport, the most innovative phone design in half a decade, same processor as the media darling OnePlus One, runs Android apps and is made by BlackBerry!"

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport.
    06-05-15 07:57 AM
    I guess the Classic is a more conventional blackberry than the Passport. It's like a throwback of what some people miss about the 9900, or an upgrade for people who used there 9900 for years. I still don't get why all carriers don't have the Passport. This is the one blackberry that I've owned that has gotten the most attention. They ask me where they can get one from and it would be a lot easier if I can tell them a carrier to get it from. Not everyone has at&t.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 08:39 AM
    As a Passport owner I do believe marketing should be on par with the Classic. That being said (and disregarding the spec comments, which I believe are pointless. Apple seems to sell plenty of iPhone 6 devices with specs many consider substandard. And my Z30 with similar, albeit a bit higher specs is phenomenal on 10.3.2) I think the Classic has a overall preferred form factor. Yes some like larger phones and viewing areas but the size of the Classic and many '5 phones seems to be the sweet spot in regards to phone size / dimensions. I asked my wife if she wanted a Passport when I bought mine. She used mine for a bit and praised many of its features and innovative keyboard but said no. For her, her Z30 is the ideal size and all she wants or needs. What is great is that as BlackBerry consumers and users we individually have a choice!

Z30-simply the best touch screen BlackBerry
    Pcmx likes this.
    06-05-15 09:28 AM
    Still rocking the PP. I would consider the classic for the ALT and SHIFT keys,and single hand operation.

I don't like the build quality.

If BlackBerry was to relasease a BOLD 9900 bigger brother (4"screen) I would get it in a heartbeat.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 10:13 AM
    The major difference is the Classic can be used one-handed. For some that may be more important than the top of the range PP. I used a PP for 6 months and really loved it EXCEPT it wasn't particularly mobile and a bit clumsy to use on a construction site or in an active lifestyle or activity (e.g. Hiking with the PP in your shorts - not too deep pockets). PP is Great for business - complete with business jacket of course.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 11:00 AM
    Classic is to bring back old BlackBerry users and that makes more sense. Also, classic cost a lot less to make and there is less risk to take if it doesn't sell well. CDMA version of passport means new production.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 11:14 AM
    The major difference is the Classic can be used one-handed. For some that may be more important than the top of the range PP. I used a PP for 6 months and really loved it EXCEPT it wasn't particularly mobile and a bit clumsy to use on a construction site or in an active lifestyle or activity (e.g. Hiking with the PP in your shorts - not too deep pockets). PP is Great for business - complete with business jacket of course.

Posted via CB10
    Q10 is a better device if you MUST have one-handed operation.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 12:47 PM
    Yes it would be nice if there would be some cool commercials showing off the Blackberry Passport. However, I really do think that whoever is interested in buying a passport or any smartphone these days. Has done or will do some kind of online research.

That being said. No advertising can match all the great work in reviewing this and other devices than here on Crackberry and Berry flow. Also, my research consisted of some really great videos on YouTube. BlackBerry should be sending checks to itsmejc, JWilliams, DetroitBorg and many more.

Just my 2 cents.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 05:03 PM
    I don't get it. The media attention seems to be all to the classic, often with no mention of the passport and Verizon and TMobile are not getting the Passport. Makes no sense. The Passport is the one that could really bring in new users.

Posted via CB10
    Mostly because the Passport launched last year, then quietly launched on only one carrier at the beginning of this year. So, its news stories have all run their course. There isn't much new to announce.

On the other hand, the Classic launched after the Passport and it launched on 3 of the 4 national carriers. So if you're going to mention a BlackBerry, for most sites it makes sense to mention the one that caters to the largest portion of their audience and is the most timely relevant. That happens to be the Classic.
    06-05-15 05:10 PM
    The Classic can also introduce people to the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 08:36 PM