I tried adding netflix, hobo go, and other popular android apps on my
    blackberry passport through the amazon app store and they are not even
    listed. Anybody know why?
    06-15-15 06:27 PM
    Anybody know why?
    Because the developers have chosen to block them on BlackBerry. You would need to look at other ways of downloading the APK files you seek like Snap or other APK downloaders.
    Anybody know why?
    Because the developers have chosen to block them on BlackBerry. You would need to look at other ways of downloading the APK files you seek like Snap or other APK downloaders.
    06-15-15 06:59 PM
    Just go on the Netflix site n do it from there. That works. Don't need the app really. You stay logged in too
    06-15-15 06:59 PM
    Are the development teams or companies of these apps sooooooooooooooooooo upset that BlackBerry found a way to deliver popular apps to our platform that they literally block us however they can? What does it hurt, really? I don't get it, seriously don't. Sigh...

Posted via CB10
    06-15-15 07:07 PM
    Just install SNAP,...and download away. That's what many users of with BlackBerry 10 devices have done!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by JMDBERRY; 06-18-15 at 08:44 PM.
    Trauma Surgeon likes this.
    06-15-15 09:19 PM
    I don't use Netflix and don't care about their stupid political games.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-15 03:38 AM
    Are the development teams or companies of these apps sooooooooooooooooooo upset that BlackBerry found a way to deliver popular apps to our platform that they literally block us however they can? What does it hurt, really? I don't get it, seriously don't. Sigh...

Posted via CB10
    It's all about the money. It sucks for those of us that use BB10, but it's sound business.
    Last edited by Tre Lawrence; 06-16-15 at 04:01 AM.
    06-16-15 03:46 AM
    I don't use Netflix and don't care about their stupid political games.

Posted via CB10
    So you don't use Netflix but you're replying on a thread about Netflix because...?

Posted via CB10
    velkod likes this.
    06-16-15 05:04 AM
    It's pure business. I don't think that the developers of these famous and most commonly used apps and games don't want 'income'.

And for some sort of reason, this is what I don't really understand with BlackBerry i.e. why they don't want to invest on them instead of losing market share and money?

I just recently read in news that BlackBerry sustained a net loss of $423 million, down from a net loss of $4.4 billion the previous quarter. They probably don't need to invest $1billion to convince selected developers to develop their apps / games to BB10 OS platform to attract more users. Because once these prospective users go 'BlackBerry' (provide their favorite and most commonly used apps / games are available in native format), they can no longer go 'back' to their previous OS's.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-15 05:26 AM
    It's pure business. I don't think that the developers of these famous and most commonly used apps and games don't want 'income'.

And for some sort of reason, this is what I don't really understand with BlackBerry i.e. why they don't want to invest on them instead of losing market share and money?

I just recently read in news that BlackBerry sustained a net loss of $423 million, down from a net loss of $4.4 billion the previous quarter. They probably don't need to invest $1billion to convince selected developers to develop their apps / games to BB10 OS platform to attract more users. Because once these prospective users go 'BlackBerry' (provide their favorite and most commonly used apps / games are available in native format), they can no longer 'back'.

Posted via CB10
    I hear you, but don't think it's that simple.

I completely agree that it's business; I just don't think paying app bounties solves the issue.

BlackBerry did pay some major devs to brings apps over; I'm fairly certain that Netflix asked for a steep price (understandably so), and BBRY balked (also understandable IMHO).

Thing is, BBRY could have paid for those few apps, and still had a major app gap.
    06-16-15 05:33 AM
    I believe, BlackBerry don't need to buy rights to the developers of every apps / games available from Google Play and iTunes - to make it in BB10 OS format. They need only to identify those commonly, popular and in demand apps / games. It is really an investment. But if they play it right from the very beginning, they probably in different situations right now. The table may be turned in favor of them as long as they have number of users that will become profitable with these developers.

They are losing market share and money. They should invest that money they lost (and keep losing) to gain more market share.

Adopting Android OS to their devices is like killing their own BB10 OS with their own gun...

Posted via CB10
    06-16-15 07:16 AM
    I tried adding netflix, hobo go, and other popular android apps on my
    blackberry passport through the amazon app store and they are not even
    listed. Anybody know why?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1024098

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.680 Q10SQN100-5/10.3.1.2576 Posted via CB
    06-16-15 12:10 PM