1. Odunlami Oluwascoscopiro Tobbie's Avatar
    I recently got a blackberry passport and i've being having issues playing mp4 videos on the device.

I transferred some mp4 videos from my pc to my memory card but could not view them in the media library, even when I try to play directly via the file manager, i get error message that the 'file contained an unsupported media file'. I even sideloaded a VLC player on the device but still can't get it to play.

I was using a Z10 before this upgrade to passport and I could play mp4 videos on it, I'm just wondering why I can't do same on my new passport which is expected to have more capabilities.

please note that I have the latest software updated i.e 10.3.2.2......the info may be material.

I would appreciate your assistance in this regard.

Thank you
    09-13-15 04:21 AM
    Thats strange - I can play mp4 files on PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639

Try gooplayer from the BlackBerry world store, there is a free version, that player even plays mkv and avis

I only this msg with the standard player when opening those...

If you click and hold the file via file mngr and go to properties it's showing what type of file mp4...

Posted via CB10
    09-13-15 04:54 AM
    Check the file properties name to see if there is anything written after the mp4 tag at the end if you can't find it select properties then rename if it shows mp4.## delete the .## then leave only mp4 written then choose save that might sort out your problem

Posted via CB10
    09-13-15 05:15 AM
    If you can play those MP4 format videos in your Z10 they should be able to play too in Passport with no sweat...

Try to soft reset your Passport by holding the volume 'up' and 'down' at the same time until it shutdown and restart (you can delete later the screen shot taken). Then play again those videos.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-15 06:05 AM
    I have to use the GoodPlayer app.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-15 09:59 AM
    I sometimes get that too when trying to play music. Usually a reboot will fix it. Don't know why it happens though, it's kind of a drag.

Forgive my typos, I don't look when I type
    09-13-15 10:01 AM