Passport running 10.3.2.2836, cannot create a mobile hotspot. The little 'connecting' circle just keeps going around and around until the preset no activity time expires. Confident that I have the correct settings.
    Samsung unit that is also used creates a hotspot within seconds of selection.
    01-16-16 03:17 PM
    Have you tried a restart on your device : just a thought

Posted via my Passport Silver
    01-17-16 11:28 AM
    If you read my initial, I mention that a Samsung generates a hotspot in seconds. Both are on the same pay-as-you-go with data provider.
    01-17-16 11:51 AM
    Yes, mine does as well, however, if I were to remove Network Tethering from my mobile plan it goes away, meaning that it creates a hotspot, however, no access from there out to my carrier to finish the connection.
    I hope you get it sorted.
    01-17-16 02:24 PM
    Hi, not sure if this will work for you since our setups might be too radically different. Try to take notes on what your initial setup looks like in case you want to return to it. I have a BB Z10 on T-Mo. I lost tethering for a day, probably because of a Virtual Private Network I was trying out (might have changed my Windows setup). Anyway I decided to see if my Win 7 Pro laptop might be the cause since right clicking on the internet signal in the bottom right and selecting "Open Network and Sharing Center" showed some issues. Asking Windows to fix it, didn't initially work. I had to go to control panel and search in the upper right search box for "View Network Connections." Then I could see the 2 BlackBerry connections my tethering was using. I then clicked on diagnose this connection for each of them and went into their properties to see how they were setup. To make a long story short, I ended up with the following settings, and Windows came back and said it saw some issues with my network connections and then repaired them, and I got tethering back.

Local Area Connection 4
    BB VPN
    IPv4 Connectivity: Not Connected
    IPv6 Connectivity: Not Connected
    ------
    IPv6 Properties
    Use the following IPv6 address: (you should see a long number with a lot of colons that you should copy. Win will correct it later)
    Subnet prefix length: 128
    IPv4 Properties
    Obtain an IP address automatically
    Obtain DNS server address automatically
    Automatic private IP address
    ------
    ------
    Local Area Connection 5
    Blackberry Device
    IPv4 Connectivity: Internet
    IPv6 Connectivity: No Internet access
    -----
    IPv6 Properties
    Use the following IPv6 address: (you should see a long number (different from above) with a lot of colons that you should copy)
    Subnet prefix length: 128
    IPv4 Properties
    Obtain an IP address automatically
    Obtain DNS server address automatically
    Automatic private IP address

As you might imagine I'm not a techy, but if Windows has this data, and you are tethered via a USB port, Windows should be able to bring your tethering back again. Best of luck!
    02-07-16 10:33 AM
    I've noticed the same thing with 10.3.2.2386 on my PP where the hot spot turns on and I can connect to it from another device but access to the Internet doesn't: work. Furthermore, after turning off the Hot spot the icon in the notification ball doesn't turn off. Only way to clear the icon is to restart. It appears there is a bug in the OS.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-16 08:22 AM