I have a Passport and installed the Blackberry Link software onto my MacBook Air. All installed fine and my phone is connecting great, and the Computer is showing fine (little green dot).

However, I get the error 'Blackberry Link can't access your iTunes music library' on the music option. I cannot see anywhere where I can look at settings, folder locations or anything (iTunes music is stored in the default location anyway). I have tried restarting both iTunes and Blackberry link with no change.

I have OS X Yosemite and iTunes 12.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    09-06-15 11:15 PM
    Thanks so much for the replay.

I tried that. It wouldn't let me drag the artist or album folders (or the individual tracks) to the BlackBerry Link window anywhere - I tried the devices sidebar on the phone and the 'music' tab, and in the actual 'music' section - on 'all music', 'artists', 'albums', and in the music list itself. I couldn't drag it anywhere.

I did manage to get it as a 'shared device' over the network but it is a really slow way of transferring ALAC files.
    09-07-15 01:37 AM
    I use dropbox now as I cannot get any of the software to work

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    09-07-15 01:42 AM
    Can you talk me through that? When the files are in dropbox how do you get them to the music folder?
    09-07-15 01:45 AM
    An alternative to syncing music is an android app called isyncr that works great. The only caveat is that the music app doesn't seem to recognize the playlists that get copied over so I have to manually export them from iTunes and then copy them to the music directory on the Passport. I don't have a huge number of playlist so it only took about a minute for that manual step.

Edit: I couldn't get the usb mode to work with this, but wifi mode works great. Before syncing make sure to set the directory to music in settings.
    09-07-15 07:39 AM
    Are you opening up link and then going to device-music- add file? It will take you directly to your itunes music folder which you should have saved automatically on your Mac. Open folder-then add file and it should send over file to your BlackBerry link or blend adding music wireless to your device

Posted via CB10
    09-07-15 02:28 PM
    Just to be sure you have a folder that holds all of your non DRM music. Once you open link , you can tell it you use itunes.

Link if connected will show your computer and your device which should be unlocked.Each will show a music folder

Right click on computer /music and tell it to sync to device

If its nit doing this then re install link and soft reset phone
    09-07-15 03:12 PM
    One you have put the music in your drop box on your computer....open your drop box app...click on the song and click move...then on the bottom left hand side you should be able to move it to your device or media card.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    09-07-15 07:32 PM
    I have an iMac, I don't use link to add music. BlackBerry link software is very slow in adding from itunes. If you have a micro SD card, just drag and drop from iTunes. I believe you can do that with the internal storage on your phone, but you have to connect via BlackBerry link.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-15 08:33 PM
    I wish you could access iTunes from other services....especially if you pay for iTunes Match. Should be able to download iTunes to any device. But I already know how apple gets down.
    09-09-15 06:01 AM
    Apologies to bump an old post but I found a solution that works for the brand new Z30 I just bought (tried the Priv, I jsut can't leave BB10 - it's so good for productivity!).

1) Open iTunes on your Mac
    2) Open iTunes Preferences (on the menu bar at the top click iTunes >> Preferences)
    3) Click the "Advanced" icon near the top of the Preferences window
    4) Tick the box that says "Share iTunes XML with other Applications"

Done! Now my BB Link can pull in my iTunes music and i can sync playlists
    Glen_Johnson, bigjman and bb255 like this.
    03-11-16 03:41 PM
    You Sir ROCK... thanks for the Fix
    04-27-16 03:35 PM
    To Whom It May Concern,

I have a blackberry passport phone. Recently I have encountered issues with an error message stating "Error Occured can't access music library Sync is not complete. After troubleshooting with Level 2 Technical Support of Blackberry, I was told that my iTunes Library version 12.4.1.6 is not compatible with Blackberry Link. I still want to research this further, since this was said to me after troubleshoothing with the representative for a half hour, and then they informed me that it's incompatible. Why didn't they mention it on the onset, if there is truly a problem with incompatibility. i did mention to them that if incompatiblility is truly the case , then they had better upgrade the Blackberry Link as soon as possible. Otherwise everyone will decide it's a better option to buy the iPone and then definiitely there won't be an issue with compatibility,., And what will be with Blackberry? Will they stay in Business/
    07-07-16 12:32 AM
    Apologies to bump an old post but I found a solution that works for the brand new Z30 I just bought (tried the Priv, I jsut can't leave BB10 - it's so good for productivity!).

2) Open iTunes Preferences (on the menu bar at the top click iTunes >> Preferences)

Doesn't work. Link says itunes not installed.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-16 08:31 AM
    Same issue, as mentioned above I too believe it to be a compatibility issue between the latest Link and latest iTunes. Very frustrating. Although I can't move my apple playlists over, for my music, my work-around is as follows:

-Launch Windows media player on computer
    -add the i-tunes folder to your Windows Music Library if it is not already in there.
    Typically the path is C:\users\(your login name)\music\itunes\itunes media\
    -Launch LINK. Go to HOME.
    -In LINK, under HOME, scroll to the end and change default media player to WINDOWS Media player
    -Link should then show the content of that folder under "All music".
    -LINK then syncs this folder. If you purchase a song through itunes, Passport syncs right away

This only worked for me cause I don;t use Windows libraries so the only folder under my Windows library is the itunes folder. If your music library contains folders other than itunes, this may not be an ideal work-around.
    07-17-16 07:37 PM
    I've done the above, and while it is great to find my music in Windows Media Player and transfer, it's my playlists that I have created that I want to put on my BB Classic.
    07-23-16 10:32 AM
    this works ! thanks so much.
    08-18-16 03:58 AM

The above steps work. ! thank you
    bb255 likes this.
    08-18-16 03:59 AM
    Doesn't work. Link says itunes not installed.

Posted via CB10
    I know this was posted awhile ago, but I am on OS X Sierra and this worked for me AFTER I restarted iTunes and BB Link.

Just thought I would share my experience.
    03-10-17 10:28 AM