Watch through this entire video, and tell me could you make a video if the product were the Passport which was launched around the same time:

It is not a matter of whether or not BB could put in the resources to market the Passport, it is the fact that they can't afford to market it because less people are going to buy the Passport if they knew more about it.
    jokeracing likes this.
    07-14-15 05:11 AM
    Why would less people buy the Passport if they new more about it?
    It's opinionated, as more people might buy the Passport if they knew more about it. Even if it was released around the same time.

Other then the sensor (which is trademarked I'm sure) on the back and some camera specs of that Galaxy. A great contender with many of the same features would be the LG G Flex and if I'm not mistaken that came out before the tab 4.but the Flex was never promoted like the tab was.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" from Adam Savage
    RazzBerry likes this.
    07-14-15 05:31 AM
    It is already a fact that people don't buy BlackBerry Passport because less people knew about its existence... not sure about if BlackBerry marketed it properly and more people knew about it and things it can do... it may have different effect though...

Posted via CB10
    bbnrs likes this.
    07-14-15 08:17 AM
    It is already a fact that people don't buy BlackBerry Passport because less people knew about its existence... not sure about if BlackBerry marketed it properly and more people knew about it and things it can do... it may have different effect though...

Posted via CB10
    Sadly but agree

Posted via CB10
    07-14-15 08:40 AM
    I totally agree BlackBerry need to reach out to user. I got to know about passport recently. It release last year and I got to know lately. For example the iPhone 6 everyone know about it before they even announced it.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-15 08:43 AM
    Did anyone watch the video?
    I just did. I saw just about everything that the passport could do and then some additional that the note could do.
    Gimmicky? Potentially. But until you watch that and see,you might question your loyalty to BlackBerry.
    phoenix55 likes this.
    07-14-15 12:03 PM
    Did anyone watch the video?
    I just did. I saw just about everything that the passport could do and then some additional that the note could do.
    Gimmicky? Potentially. But until you watch that and see,you might question your loyalty to BlackBerry.
    Sometimes gimmicks sell sometimes they don't.

I remember when the time Galaxy S4 came out. There were new gimmicks on it compared to other phones. Problem was, maybe only half of them constantly worked.

I watched the video, and honestly, there wasn't anything I can't do on Passport now that I would use on the note. So the gimmicks and such wouldn't win me over.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" from Adam Savage
    07-14-15 12:13 PM
    Cool to watch and cool to have, but I felt nausea already just imagining setting up the phone to have the full functionality. Maybe I am just too lazy.

Posted via CB10
    puddycom likes this.
    07-14-15 01:16 PM
    They have more people making this video than BB has for marketing.
    LyoobaBerry likes this.
    07-14-15 01:43 PM
    I watched through the first 30 features or so and once I got past the "Huh, cool" reaction, I couldn't really see why I would need any of that on a regular basis.

Cool thermometer sensor thingy, dude. Have fun using TouchWiz.

Posted via CB10 on Passport
    07-14-15 01:45 PM
    I love my Passport. I also loved my Z10. My Passport does everything I want. It is my mini computer that makes calls.
    07-14-15 03:25 PM
    Yes, I have seen the Note4 a few months ago. It is several months newer than the Passport, so you would expect it to have more features.
    The pen is nice, not new though.
    It is good at running two screens, but you'd still need a laptop.
    With the Passport, I do not need my laptop, nor a tablet. So it is essentially a three-in-one. I can do all my text editing, paper writing and corrections on my passport, write emails, and watch TV at the same time.
    Typing on the Note4 is still horrible if you actually have to use it a a serious work device, like I do.
    And, then there is the Google data collection...
    newcollector likes this.
    07-14-15 08:43 PM
    Being a pennable tablet and past-Android afficianodo, I can say with confidence that the Note lineup is very gimmicky. Beefier specs and a larger screen is nice, but the whole stylus on a sub-6" screen is a total joke. What exactly is productive on a screen that small? You can't legitimately write notes (could never use it in a college lecture like OneNote on my ThinkPad Yoga), and by the time you take the S-Pen out and scribble a phone number down in S-Note, you could've just typed the exact same thing on the virtual keyboard.

I had a Note 2 and I used the stylus once or twice and then realized it's anything but functional. And don't get me started on TouchWiz.

Passport is just on another level for productivity.
    newcollector likes this.
    07-15-15 02:45 AM
    What's with the android 100 craps on BlackBerry forum??? Blasphemy! (lol)

I don't give a finger what that thing can do. My Passport is way up there in productivity and durability! It's proven. I have proven it myself in my line of work and everyday life!
    Last edited by bhoqeem; 07-15-15 at 09:19 AM.
    07-15-15 02:57 AM
    It will take an act of god for BlackBerry to advertise and market their devices. Oh wait! Their is no.......
    DarkJoker33 likes this.
    07-15-15 03:13 AM

I don't give a finger what that thing can do. My Passport is way up there in productivity and durability! It's proven. I have proved it myself in my line of work and everyday life!
    But plenty of people have proven that their NOTE is productive for them...

The OP is just saying that from a marketing standpoint, the Passport doesn't hold up to other "Flagship" designs when it comes to hardware or gimmicky features. Any marketing campaign would need to focus on what the Passport was good at....

But the simple truth is, without it's own ecosystem.... is there really any reason to market the Passport? If Google patched their system, and locked out both SNAP and all of Cobalt's tools.... how many BB10 users would move on at that point? I think smart carrier sales reps now know what BB10 can do (if they don't, where is BlackBerry?), but I think they also know the potential for disaster that building your house on land that you don't own can lead too.

Which is why you don't see consumer targeted marketing for BlackBerry... it would be a waste of money.
    07-15-15 08:01 AM
    I couldn't find more than 10 features for passport
    07-15-15 12:33 PM
    "..because less people are going to buy the Passport if they knew more about it.
    that is a RIDICULOUS statement... unless the passport was killing people it would sell more if more people even new it existed.
    07-15-15 06:12 PM
    Any marketing campaign would need to focus on what the Passport was good at....
    I'm no marketing wiz, but it seems like common sense that with any product your going to focus on its strengths... can you give an example of a marketing campaign based around a products weaknesses?
    07-15-15 06:14 PM
    Till this day people in public continue to ask what phone I use, not enough exposure.

Passport/CB10
    07-15-15 09:08 PM

I don't give a finger what that thing can do. My Passport is way up there in productivity and durability! It's proven. I have proven it myself in my line of work and everyday life!
    A blackberry passport is like owning a jeep wrangler, they wouldn't understand the purpose of it.

Passport/CB10
    newcollector likes this.
    07-15-15 09:09 PM
    A blackberry passport is like owning a jeep wrangler, they wouldn't understand the purpose of it.

Passport/CB10
    Don't forget the original XJs too!
    07-15-15 09:10 PM
    Don't forget the original XJs too!
    Lol that's right!

Passport/CB10
    07-15-15 09:15 PM
    Blackberry doesn't market, period. I thought the CB community agreed on this.
    07-16-15 02:49 AM
    ^^Well, to balance nature, there must be something or someone on the other side... regardless of what...

Posted via CB10
    07-16-15 04:20 AM
43 12