Hello,

This issue has been esclated already in the forum although nothing seems to effectively fix it.
    When I receive a txt message all I can see is the original phone number rather than the contact name even though that has been saved to contacts .As per other posts I have checked speed dialling options and they are correct.

My phone is a Passport with latest blackberry 10 OS.

Many Thanks
    03-15-15 04:32 AM
    From time to time I have the same issue. Especially when I reboot the phone the saved contact names are not shown in the HUB. If you click the whatsapp message in the HUB for example it shows the name. but if you return to the HUB overview it dosn't show the name. Once you received a message the name is shown. Really strange .
    03-15-15 04:42 AM
    I've just managed to sort this out on my Z30, it was driving me nuts! So the solution for me was as follows:

I had people in my contact list from Facebook and even though they had a number saved next to them in Contacts, WhatApp wasn't identifying them as a contact on my phone (ironic considering FB has recently acquired WhatsApp). I opened up each missing contact, tapped options and then tapped Add to SIM. Then in WhatsApp, tapped on messages from that contact and tapped Add to Contacts (removing any previous version of their number saved if necessary).

Sometimes I had to do this in a different order: going into a message from the contact in WhatsApp first, saving that number to their Facebook entry in my contact list and then going into Contacts and adding the entry to SIM. If you are still stuck, a Favs refresh may help too or a restart of the phone.
    03-26-15 06:53 AM
    My cure for this contact issue is to make sure I only had one contact per number. I deleted all other contact sources (facebook, link, linked in, etc). Once I had one clean contact for all sources and had eliminated the others, I backed up my contact list to Ultimate Backup Cloud. This is my only source for contacts. Now when a call or notification comes in, the name always shows in the hub since there is no linking and double sources for a given number.
    Posted via CB10
    03-26-15 10:04 AM
    My cure for this contact issue is to make sure I only had one contact per number. I deleted all other contact sources (facebook, link, linked in, etc). Once I had one clean contact for all sources and had eliminated the others, I backed up my contact list to Ultimate Backup Cloud. This is my only source for contacts. Now when a call or notification comes in, the name always shows in the hub since there is no linking and double sources for a given number.
    Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the info.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-15 10:28 AM
    I'm having this issue too.

Many of my contacts are missing from my contacts phone book too.

When checking my outlook.com the contacts are still present, just all of a sudden some of disappeared, would appreciate any tips, tried rebooting, removing account, readding
    03-26-15 02:11 PM