I have joined the Passport owners and am struggling a little. I always loved my Blackberrys but changed to Android (ugh) just for a bigger screen as my eyesight gets worse. Now I have returned and am hoping to rekindle my love affair, but it's not a good start!

I asked a friend to text me a number for someone I needed to contact. He sent it through, but when I clicked on the number it immediately dialled. Normally I would have expected the option to text (especially as it's a mobile number).
    I can't see any way to text directly and have to write the number down first!

Suggestions would be most gratefully received.
    01-18-15 12:06 PM
    I have joined the Passport owners and am struggling a little. I always loved my Blackberrys but changed to Android (ugh) just for a bigger screen as my eyesight gets worse. Now I have returned and am hoping to rekindle my love affair, but it's not a good start!

I asked a friend to text me a number for someone I needed to contact. He sent it through, but when I clicked on the number it immediately dialled. Normally I would have expected the option to text (especially as it's a mobile number).

What happens if you long press on the phone number. As it is, I would say the phone is actually handling the phone number correctly, by activating the phone and dialing.
    aardvark7 likes this.
    01-18-15 12:13 PM
    Press and hold the number until the options come up

Posted via CB10
    aardvark7 likes this.
    01-18-15 12:16 PM
    In texts, the maximum it allows is copying the number. Given the options, you can paste it onto a new text window.

Why am I unable to text directly?-img_20150119_062000.png
    andy957 likes this.
    01-18-15 07:22 PM
    Thanks people! Not quite intuitive and I'm not sure is the best (although arguable either way), but easy when you know how!
    01-19-15 05:24 AM
    Thanks people! Not quite intuitive and I'm not sure is the best (although arguable either way), but easy when you know how!
    True. Interaction with a number in a message should be uniform throughout the OS.
    01-19-15 05:25 AM

Gently touching down (long press) on the received text line would have triggered a response option so you can reply or share,delete or whatever!

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 11:52 PM