Hi

I have Skype and WeChat on my passport. Both versions are the Blackberry World and not the Android versions.

On both programms sometimes I do not get any notification if someone wrote me a message. Only when I open the programm (skype or wechat) I see that someone wrote me a message. This only sometimes and i do not know why this happens.
    The programms of course are closed. WhatsApp is working fine.

For a communication tool the notification needs to work propperly othwise I can not use it.

Please do not tell me to leave the application open all the time...

Thank
    Chris
    11-20-14 02:29 AM
    I tried the native WeChat app from BB World, the notification work with no problem even when i close the app active frame. However, I uninstalled the native app and install the WeChat from snap because the native one does not have any sticker to use..For the app i installed from snap, i have to leave the active frame open in order to receive the notification, but i'm fine with this.
    Both versions are the Blackberry World and not the Android versions.
    BlackBerry World version of Skype is an Android version.

Please do not tell me to leave the application open all the time...
    Then there is no answer for you.
    11-20-14 03:16 AM
    I don't use Skype but WeChat. Even when WeChat is running in active frame I still miss most notifications. Yes, most, not all of them. The app is buggy and has not been updated for a long time. I guess BlackBerry users are only a negligible fraction of the 400 millions users of WeChat.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-14 03:59 AM
    I keep my wechat on all times to get notification.
    11-20-14 04:09 AM
    Hi

And thanks for the answer!

How th passport should be a communication tool without having majore communication apps. I do not care ofgames or bull****ty apps. But the communicatio apps need to run!

This sucks!!!

I am using the phone now for over 2 weeks. And I find out more and more reason to sell it again!!
    11-20-14 06:38 AM
    Hi

And thanks for the answer!

How th passport should be a communication tool without having majore communication apps. I do not care ofgames or bull****ty apps. But the communicatio apps need to run!

This sucks!!!

I am using the phone now for over 2 weeks. And I find out more and more reason to sell it again!!

It is getting frustrating!!
    11-20-14 06:40 AM
    I remember seeing this on another friend's Q10. She had accidentally loaded WeChat from SNAP instead of BB World and it appeared to have more reliable notifications then the terrible native version that I use. I don't try that version for now given I check WeChat often enough to not need live notifications.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-14 10:30 PM
    I tried the native WeChat app from BB World, the notification work with no problem even when i close the app active frame. However, I uninstalled the native app and install the WeChat from snap because the native one does not have any sticker to use..For the app i installed from snap, i have to leave the active frame open in order to receive the notification, but i'm fine with this.
    11-23-14 10:44 PM
    I have no problems with native version. I saw that Wechat got wifi calling option in android version now. Has anyone tried this, does it work with passport? Thanks.

Posted via my Passport
    11-24-14 05:01 AM
    Are you all using 10.2.1 to run the BB WeChat? And by "notifications working fine" do you mean that they show up in the hub normally with a separate WeChat icon?

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 03:07 PM
    Hahaha, the paradox of BlackBerry. We're the business and communication tool! We just don't have the apps, and for those that we do have we can't actually integrate properly. Clearly some more work to do. Luckily I don't use those applications for work.

Unfortunately until such time that the platform has evolved enough to solve these issues it won't work for everyone. Sorry OP.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 03:20 PM