09-25-14 09:56 PM
139 ... 23456
tools
    Hmm what you all think how much will cost in europe? I think 1000 $ easy when it's come I will tell you. Yesterday iphone 6 has arrived and (I live in croatia) iphone f***g cost 1400$???? why I can buy 4 of them in US for one in croatia. Same thing will be with passport and classic.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 04:33 PM
    its 650 EUR in EU from shopblackberry
    09-24-14 04:35 PM
    Think it through guys.

In Canada, it is sold through carriers. Carriers want a piece too.

In the US, it is sold by BlackBerry directly, carrier doesn't get a piece.

Obvious.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 04:36 PM
    I'm not mad. I was just hoping they would price it better for us loyal Canadians. I don't care if the carriers are charging more. Although $750 at Bell is the same price as an iPhone6. Carriers are there to buy phones subsidized on contract so I don't care what the final price is as long it is a reasonable contract price. Wait nope. More expensive than an iPhone 6 on a 2 year contract with Bell. Okay. Then let's get it unlocked direct from BlackBerry. Oh, but the US gets a $100 discount. Yes, it's a discount. It's listed as $100 off. They should have given Canadians the same discount. If I was really interested in the Passport I would probably get it anyway. lol The point is I wish they gave us Canadians a discount too. Even if it was for 1 week only. Doesn't matter. Who else do you think travels to the US rocking BB's but us Canadians. That's free advertising. Lol.
    09-24-14 04:59 PM
    Just got back from Telus,list price is $750 off contract, $200 with 2 year. They have exclusive till 30th. Sales guy was actually genuinely excited about it though. Thats a positive development.

Sent from my Z10. Or was it my Q10? Either way, it was sent from an awesome phone.
    09-24-14 05:19 PM
    Want to be upset..... read a couple of months ago and interview with a head of a major retailer.... he listed the usual suspects... shipping, echange rate.... oddly one that stood out was believe it or not " Canadians expect to pay more"... would have to say with this thread that is changing....
    09-24-14 05:24 PM
    I just put the amazon.com BB Passport in my cart to check and it didn't complain about any sort of shipping issue to Canada.
    09-24-14 05:30 PM
    Maybe you should spend your money on "bend-it-like-Beckham" iPhone 6. SMH
    So let me get this straight. The people that stuck with you through thick and thin (i.e. Canadians) are the first people you screw when you actually see a glimmer of hope that your not going to go bankrupt. Wow, what a strategy. Well I guess the good news is that we won't have to wait long for the prices to fall with the usual panic sale. Great strategy Mr. Chen. You blew it.
    petetherocker and nah.uhh like this.
    09-24-14 05:49 PM
    ^x2
    nah.uhh likes this.
    09-24-14 05:52 PM
    I had ordered my Passport earlier today. After checking $ 699 price tag and all the other additional charges. Somehow I felt cheated...I cancelled my order. Canadians love a great comeback, but lately DON'T love to be cheated on foreign exchange rates or big price inequalities
    BirdHand likes this.
    09-24-14 05:56 PM
    I have noticed that Shop BlackBerry has been leaving us Canadians out in the cold all along. The Passport is listed at a regular price of $699 on the US and Canadian site but the US site has it slashed out and says Now $599. It was like this when the Z30 was $100 off. Every time there is a special deal on Shop BlackBerry it is the same way, Canadians get left out.

Seriously, BlackBerry should really look into this and fix it. As it certainly looks like who ever runs Shop BlackBerry is trying to pull some sneaky trick.

It also begs the question, will the Passport eventually return to its "Regular" price in the US?
    09-24-14 06:17 PM
    Exchange, bud. Difference is $35.
    Exchange doesn't ******* matter dumb ***. Go look at all the other phones that are priced equally. *****.

Posted via CB10 for Q10
    09-24-14 07:01 PM
    Completely agree. They've lost my sale right now also

Posted via CB10 for Q10
    So let me get this straight here. Before BBRY announced it was going to released for $599 in the US the other day everyone figured it would be around $750 and were all proclaiming they are definitely going to get one and it can't come out soon enough for them. And now everyone is bailing at any excuse because they perhaps they were all talk anyway? I call it as see it.
    southlander likes this.
    09-24-14 07:03 PM
    Exchange, bud. Difference is $35.
    Wrong - do the math.
    09-24-14 07:04 PM
    For those that say it's only a $35 difference, I say direct those comments to BlackBerry management. It's only a $35 difference so match the US price for Canadians.
    mode_m likes this.
    09-24-14 08:20 PM
    Maybe the Canadian market just isn't big enough of a market to require the aggressive pricing - there's so few of us here (around 30million vs 300million, give or take lol) that whether they price it at $599 or $699, any loss or gain in sales numbers has basically no impact.

That's just my guess?

#CB10 #Q10 #Darkhorse
    09-24-14 08:36 PM
    All the discussion about exchange rates and taxes and the like aside, the other devices are priced the same on the Canada site and the US website and so is the Passport if you remove the clearly stated discount. I really don't think the exchange rate or anything else came into play on this decision it comes down to giving the US a discount that they didn't give to Canada.
    I have two theories on this: this first is it was a mistake or a decision that Chen will correct. The second is that the discount wasn't applied as part of the telus exclusivity agreement.
    The first theory is becoming less likely as I think we would have already seen a correction but I think come next Wednesday we could see the same discount show up for Canada once the telus deal expires.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 08:43 PM
    The pricing of blackberry passport IMO compares well (or has the same discrepancy) in pricing to the iphone 6 between US and Canada.
    From the website - "iphoneincanada.ca/news/apple-iphone-6-iphone-6-plus-pricing-canada/"
    here's the pricing for iphone 6

"Apple has just sent us the pricing for the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in Canada.

Here are the unlocked iPhone 6 prices for models coming in gold, silver and space grey:

$749 (CAD) for the 16GB model
    $859 (CAD) for the 64GB model
    $969 (CAD) for the 128GB model

iPhone 6 Plus

$859 (CAD) for the 16GB model
    $969 (CAD) for the 64GB model
    $1079 (CAD) for the 128GB model

Update: Looks like Canadians are paying a premium compared to our American neighbours, as their pricing is as follows:

iPhone 6: $649/$749/$849
    iPhone 6 Plus: $749/$849/$949 "

Maybe the $ 35 is the amount that goes to the Canadian government (or does not go to the US government)
    09-24-14 08:51 PM
    I know working for a Canadian company in the consumer goods space is that there are very few if any companies who price their Canadian products the same as the US, it's always higher. Why, because they view that Canadians as a market will pay more than in the US, same as the UK will have their products priced higher than in the US.

Blackberry is not the only company doing it, most companies do. If you don't like it wait to see if the price goes down. It's the law of supply and demand.
    where's the demand?
    09-24-14 09:15 PM
    That extra $113 kept my visa in my pocket today. Now considering a lightly used z30 but may reconsider if I see it at $599.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 09:22 PM
    Given the 'Canadians love a comeback' theme, they should have definitely priced it unlocked at CAD$599. Would have brought tremendous goodwill.

It's all Chen's fault He got everyone excited about that price point.
    09-24-14 09:44 PM
    Seeing as these devices have to be imported, and the price quoted was to an American publication about the American pricing, it really is pretty darn close. The exchange rate brings it to $665 ish then tack on customs fees. That stuff isn't cheap.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 09:58 PM
    Went to my local Telus store as I bought my Z10 and Playbook 64GB on launch day and was thinking of doing it again with the Passport. My Z is on a 3yr contract so still owe just over $255. With the extra $100 price gouge for Canadians I just couldn't bring myself to making the purchase. My Z and PB took a price hit so quickly.

Of course if BBRY manages inventory better this time there may not be the urgent need to drop pricing. With Canadians getting the shaft, this have left a sour taste in my mouth and although I was ready to pull the plug and get on-board with a new Passport, I feel that I might just as well wait and see the Classic and see how sales are for the Passport by then.

I see no rush to be taken advantage of yet again and pay a premium price. Especially if the only reason is that I live in Canada. It is the Target mentality all over again. Cause Canadians are willing to pay more. Well not this Canadian who has owned only BBRYs since 2004. Nothing like shafting your loyal customer base.

If Chen truly didn't know the Canadian pricing then I lost a small bit of respect for him. I thought he was more hands on and strategic. I think it is a great move to give the US a $100 discount. They have a much steeper hill to climb and this most definitely will help. I just think it should have been discounted the same amount in Canada as well.
    dejanh likes this.
    09-24-14 10:00 PM
    All the discussion about exchange rates and taxes and the like aside, the other devices are priced the same on the Canada site and the US website and so is the Passport if you remove the clearly stated discount. I really don't think the exchange rate or anything else came into play on this decision it comes down to giving the US a discount that they didn't give to Canada.
    I have two theories on this: this first is it was a mistake or a decision that Chen will correct. The second is that the discount wasn't applied as part of the telus exclusivity agreement.
    The first theory is becoming less likely as I think we would have already seen a correction but I think come next Wednesday we could see the same discount show up for Canada once the telus deal expires.

Posted via CB10
    I initially thought the same, but saw in an interview with Chen that they would instead be dropping the discount when it launches at AT&T.

They don't want to undercut the carriers. On one hand, that makes sense. On the other, **** the carriers.
    09-24-14 10:20 PM
    Chen didn't know why it's $699 in Canada because he lives in California
    09-24-14 10:22 PM
139 ... 23456