So I'm just as excited about the Passport as most people on CrackBerry, however, with John Chen being pretty adamant that no leaks about BlackBerry get out, how is it that such information has already been let out about this device? It seems like we already have a working model and a complete review, which I found interesting to read, but where did this information come from? BlackBerry can't be too happy about it I'd imagine.

Posted via the Z30 on CB10
    07-01-14 11:52 AM
    It's called a marketing campaign. Or the beginnings of one in this case. The "leaks" are approved to initiate buzz.
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    07-01-14 12:00 PM
    read the article again. I think it's mentionned at the top that the review actually comes from a Twitter user.
    07-01-14 12:00 PM
    When the CO runs around showing it off... it's not a "leak".
    07-01-14 12:02 PM
    Consider it a plan to get feedback from the market? They "leak" a very early-stage device, then get honest feedback on its most disruptive features from the hardcore users on CB and from other tech sites.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    07-01-14 12:37 PM
    Most of the photos and pre-release review are from a twitter user who acquired one

White Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.1925 = heaven.
    07-01-14 09:04 PM
    These 'leaks' are far more interesting than the ridiculous speculation that is doing the rounds re: iPhone 6. Yesterday the media got into a frenzy because someone leaked a photo of an iPhone 6 front glass panel. Big deal! At least with the Passport you can actually see a working almost finalised device. I wish the tech media would highlight these BlackBerry leaks a lot more than they are currently doing. It is a far more interesting and innovative device and much more newsworthy than a 5S that's been Xeroxed up by 10%

Posted via CB10
    dgishere likes this.
    07-02-14 02:46 AM
    Controlled Leak!

? BlackBerry Z30 ? If it Don't Make Dollars, It don't Make Sense ?
    07-03-14 12:13 AM
    When the CO runs around showing it off... it's not a "leak".
    I'd say there's a big difference between the CEO of BlackBerry showing off the PassPort and Joe Schmo with a Twitter account.

Not sure if Monsieur Chen is happy with all those pictures and vid being shown. Considering what he said about leaks.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-14 12:34 AM
    I'd say there's a big difference between the CEO of BlackBerry showing off the PassPort and Joe Schmo with a Twitter account.

Not sure if Monsieur Chen is happy with all those pictures and vid being shown. Considering what he said about leaks.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed
    Heinz Katchup likes this.
    07-03-14 12:56 AM
    It's called a marketing campaign. Or the beginnings of one in this case. The "leaks" are approved to initiate buzz.
    I think LoneStarRed is right because the person who has been "leaking" was shown the passport by someone who works at Blackberry and was given free time with the device.

If you go and read the pre-review it is almost seems like the Blackberry employee went out of their way to make sure this certain person knew he had a passport, almost like he was directed to find somone to leak things onto the internet via twitter/crackberry.
    07-03-14 08:58 PM