You can learn more by using BlackBerry help. Just press the H key while on the home screen to bring it up.

There are other keyboard shortcuts there as well. They can be customized by long pressing or short pressing a key while on the home screen.

Hope that helps.
    10-17-16 05:57 PM
    The Priv that came out one year ago is DEFINITELY not the Priv we have today (unless you are on Verizon!!!, sorry).

The updates and enhancements are excellent and the issues before are a thing of the past.

I came from a Silver Edition Passport and had a hard time letting go because I was so unwilling to let it go.

Let's be real, Blackberry 10 is by far and away the most amazing OS for a phone, but if you used 10.0.1.1485 today, you would run to android or any other OS. It is so different and Blackberry 10 is just sensational today.

BUT, when you consider what Blackberry has done with Android in the space of a year, it is remarkable and NOBODY, even some of the so called Blackberry faithful do not give them try credit for it. And the reason I can say that is because I too was one of those people!

I now use my Priv very happily and enjoy it. I keep my Passport as my Blackberry 10 withdrawal symptom easer, but Priv is a truly remarkable and innovative device, and the Camera is beyond sensational. The screen is incredible and battery life you will just love. For an android device, I would never trust anyone other than Blackberry and it has proved to me that it came be trusted.

A recent trip to China proved that without question where DTEK would Scream at me saying that the WIFI network is not secured, or the phone shut down after attempted hack. Stuff my Passport would do, and Priv does it as well. I loved my Passport to death, and thanks to it, my trust in Blackberry continues to this day.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    touching
    10-17-16 08:41 PM
    I really enjoyed the Priv for the nine months that I had the phone. It had its bumps in the beginning but overall was a decent device. The recent "no service" issues on the AT&T network for the past month though, now has me going back to a Passport. I can't stand restarting my phone 6-8 times a day just to get a signal. I realized too that I don't use and need many of the apps that lots of people enjoy. I use my phone for emails, phone calls, text messages and the occasional spreadsheet. Everything else is done on my computer.
    10-17-16 09:36 PM
    The Priv that came out one year ago is DEFINITELY not the Priv we have today (unless you are on Verizon!!!, sorry).

The updates and enhancements are excellent and the issues before are a thing of the past.

I came from a Silver Edition Passport and had a hard time letting go because I was so unwilling to let it go.

Let's be real, Blackberry 10 is by far and away the most amazing OS for a phone, but if you used 10.0.1.1485 today, you would run to android or any other OS. It is so different and Blackberry 10 is just sensational today.

BUT, when you consider what Blackberry has done with Android in the space of a year, it is remarkable and NOBODY, even some of the so called Blackberry faithful do not give them try credit for it. And the reason I can say that is because I too was one of those people!

I now use my Priv very happily and enjoy it. I keep my Passport as my Blackberry 10 withdrawal symptom easer, but Priv is a truly remarkable and innovative device, and the Camera is beyond sensational. The screen is incredible and battery life you will just love. For an android device, I would never trust anyone other than Blackberry and it has proved to me that it came be trusted.

A recent trip to China proved that without question where DTEK would Scream at me saying that the WIFI network is not secured, or the phone shut down after attempted hack. Stuff my Passport would do, and Priv does it as well. I loved my Passport to death, and thanks to it, my trust in Blackberry continues to this day.

Well said! The Priv I use daily is much better now than when it first arrived. Thanks to this forum and upgrades!

OS10 was brilliant too before that; I still have my Passport have often gone back to it. Unfortunately it deosn't compare to the Priv with the Android useability. I'm converted now; felt very trapped using the Passport with the limited functuionality of BB OS10

I would also add that Android is a much better experience away from Samsung model: to many ads + bloatware.
    10-18-16 01:05 AM
    So I find myself upgrading my plan through Rogers and find out I'm eligible for a device upgrade and due to the price point ($0) , talk myself into ordering the Priv. I have been thinking about my next device for awhile now and whether or not to switch it up or stay with my Z30. Seeing as how I have 15 days to decide, I figure it'll be worth a shot. I have yet to receive the Priv, but only have to spend less than a minute on somebody else's android to realize that BB10 is so entirely different (and awesome) than android that I'm not sure I want to commit to using it while there's a better options imo available. Not concerned about performance or app selection. BB10 with a few sidoaded apps has all I need. Blend is also a huge benefit, which I'd lose with Priv. So my main question is who has gotten into the Priv and been let down, OS-wise?

Posted via CB10
    Dissapointed with the Hub . BB10 hub is still unmatchble .
    10-18-16 02:44 AM
    Dissapointed with the Hub . BB10 hub is still unmatchble .
    Unfortunately
    Still waiting when the Android HUB will become even close to the BB10 hub. It will also help sell the HUB+ services really well!

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    10-18-16 03:34 AM
    I'm in love with my Priv (had classic, passport and q10 before)! This is the best of two worlds (BB and Android). Also I don't understand those who say that pkb on priv is bad. Priv's keyboard is my favourite by far (even better than passport's too wide for me keyboard). All works very smooth and perfectly (just like other flagship devices from other manufactures). Sure, I wouldn't mind to have BB10's HUB on Priv, but it's better to have something than nothing at all.

P.S. sorry for emotional post, I just really enjoy Blackberry Priv!
    10-18-16 08:42 AM
    It's just the software mostly which is kinda fixed with Marshmallow and updates, and the keyboard isn't as great as good as what we expect with our high Blackberry standards. xD
    10-18-16 11:41 AM
    Unfortunately
    Still waiting when the Android HUB will become even close to the BB10 hub. It will also help sell the HUB+ services really well!

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    I agree with you .

*BlackBerry*Priv  Marshmallow AAG111 on Etisalat 4G Network
    10-18-16 03:51 PM
    First off, I'm not sure why I posted this in the Passport forum. Feel free to have it moved over to Priv if needed.

Well I've gotten basically a full days work with the phone.... mixed feelings I guess. Definitely not BB10, and obviously it's not, it's Android, so I try to keep that on my mind while I'm using the phone. A few strong points that I've noticed:
    -Getting into the Hub - easy enough and can always get there from wherever you are
    -Able to reply to a message if you are using the phone without going in to the hub - same concept as BB10 - reply at the top of the screen. Definite plus as I really liked that aspect of BB10 to be able to quickly reply without even going into the hub.
    -General speed of which apps open. Nice and quick
    -KEYBOARD SHORTCUTS!! the best
    -scrolling from touch enabled pkb
    -battery life - currently sitting at 47% with almost 14 hrs on it
    -physical hardware of phone - size & asthetics
    Cons: (and these may be due to inexperience)
    -just the general theme/feel of android. Just give me black. Black BBM, black texts etc. It feels almost childish the way the color schemes look. Maybe this is customize-able, not sure, but currently the hub and messaging side of the phone seems amateur.
    -Have to fully commit to going into the hub to see any messages, not able to Peek and release and back into current task like on BB10. In reality only an extra step to close hub, but still when you're used to being able to swipe up and see if anythings there and not commit to it, you realized how simple it could be.
    -facebook messenger not integrated into hub
    any suggestions/tips please let me know
    10-18-16 09:18 PM
    Yes, I agree that the design esthetic of android is tailored for young millennials.. Not a real professional minimalism approach...And WTF are most menu and options at the top...

I believe messenger will be integrated in next release?

You can also us the productivity edge in a peek style to see recent mail..

If you set the recent apps to tiles, it will have a slight BB10 feel.

Attached Thumbnails Who's been disappointed with the Priv?-2104748.jpg  
    10-18-16 09:33 PM
    Yes, I agree that the design esthetic of android is tailored for young millennials.. Not a real professional minimalism approach...And WTF are most menu and options at the top...

AGREED

I believe messenger will be integrated in next release?

You can also us the productivity edge in a peek style to see recent mail..
    CHANGED THAT AND DOES FEEL A LITTLE BETTER, DO YOU STAY WITHIN THAT SPECIFIC TAB?
    If you set the recent apps to tiles, it will have a slight BB10 feel.

10-18-16 09:43 PM
    The one major con about the Priv is the 3mm of viewable typing space in CrackBerry App.. Lol, even with rockin out with the PKB out

10-18-16 09:55 PM
    Also 2 nights of charging now (8+ hrs) and this morning only 95%. Yesterday was 96%. Is that the norm?

10-19-16 07:59 AM
    Priv was a breath of fresh air to me but obviously we care about different things. Side loading temperamental apps is something I just couldnt stand doing anymore and thats something the Priv eradicates. The only other thing I preferred on BB10 was the Hub, but the Hub is now pretty good with the recent updates on the Priv.. So im pretty happy.

No brainer for me but if apps dont mean anything to you then I suppose you shouldn't bother.

I'll second this even though I'm sticking with my Passport. I finally got all of the files for the Play Store "hack" to work and half the time the programs either wouldn't load (i.e. Play Store) or the apps I downloaded didn't work right or crashed. I've only had my Passport for about a week (having come from Android) and I'm liking it thus far. I would have gotten a Priv had the unlocked ones not been outside of my price range, but I may consider one down the road if/when the prices come down.
    10-19-16 10:33 AM
    I just went back to my passport se from my Priv because I just miss the OS. I don't use many apps so the passport works for me. Think I'll rock this for a while, it's nice to have options

Posted via CB10
    10-19-16 06:26 PM
    I just went back to my passport se from my Priv because I just miss the OS. I don't use many apps so the passport works for me. Think I'll rock this for a while, it's nice to have options

Posted via CB10
    The truth is that android is so boring and unintuitive that it's a pleasure to see the level of intuition on the passport. I was hoping to see different iterations of the passport but doesn't look like it's happening. Blackberry should have continued the development of bb10 in my opinion and just continue to make the runtime stronger. Deleting Google play services, playstore and using xposed no matter how expensive the phone is made android palatable for me. We're playing into the hands of Googles spy capabilities by encouraging the two mobile os system currently in play now. Soon it'll be too late to do anything about it. I'm also shocked as to the number of people who want android on their passports.? Like why would you want that?!?

Posted via CB10
    10-19-16 06:53 PM
    Also 2 nights of charging now (8+ hrs) and this morning only 95%. Yesterday was 96%. Is that the norm?

Mine goes to 100%, not sure if there is a way to recalibrate the reading

10-19-16 06:53 PM

This happens on mine occasionally as well when using the oem charger(usually after I've overheated the phone playing games before bed lol). If the phone is overheating charging will slow down so your phone doesn't explode. It usually goes to 100% after it's properly broken in though. On a side note a quick charge 2.0 compatible charger is a good investment. Good way to top up quickly.
    10-19-16 07:44 PM
    Priv is simply awful. I purchased and confined using my Passport which is far far superior.

Physical Keyboard is unusable. Hub is rubbish compared to OS10, and slow. The device also does not feel robust and forget multitasking.

BlackBerry would have been better served creating an Android Passport.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-16 01:48 AM
    Well I've had the Priv for 2 weeks now..... and last night ordered a Passport SE. I just don't think I can do it. I have no idea why an inferior OS can be so successful. Guess it goes to show that a good product in itself does not guarantee success. Anyways, I think I'll still keep the Priv, as there are things I do enjoy about it. But thinking as far as communication goes, Passport/BB10 will still be king.
    10-27-16 01:04 PM
    Lol, I remember when I used to hate Android whilst slaving away on OS10... Oh how times change.
    10-27-16 01:17 PM
    I like my priv. I don't get people griping about the pkb. Granted it's the first one I've ever had but I can get right with it with fewer mistakes than I do on the vkb. I like BlackBerry vkb too. The productivity tab let's you peek at your hub without leaving what you are doing. It's not as slick as the bb10 hub but still a pretty nice feature. I don't like Google and I wish bb10 had survived but if I gotta go android I'm glad I could do it with the priv. Even better with the marshmallow update, although I'm having some glitches I Ned to call Verizon about but it's minor
    11-19-16 11:08 AM
    I like the Priv but it's not the same as the passport. I bought a Priv but sold it to go back to my passport. Android is nice but it's now the same.

Sent from my not quite obsolete BlackBerry Passport
    11-19-16 11:33 AM
    There are dozens if not hundreds of identical questions and answers on the Priv forum.
    11-23-16 08:13 PM
58 123