So I find myself upgrading my plan through Rogers and find out I'm eligible for a device upgrade and due to the price point ($0) , talk myself into ordering the Priv. I have been thinking about my next device for awhile now and whether or not to switch it up or stay with my Z30. Seeing as how I have 15 days to decide, I figure it'll be worth a shot. I have yet to receive the Priv, but only have to spend less than a minute on somebody else's android to realize that BB10 is so entirely different (and awesome) than android that I'm not sure I want to commit to using it while there's a better options imo available. Not concerned about performance or app selection. BB10 with a few sidoaded apps has all I need. Blend is also a huge benefit, which I'd lose with Priv. So my main question is who has gotten into the Priv and been let down, OS-wise?

Posted via CB10
    10-16-16 02:58 PM
    So I find myself upgrading my plan through Rogers and find out I'm eligible for a device upgrade and due to the price point ($0) , talk myself into ordering the Priv. I have been thinking about my next device for awhile now and whether or not to switch it up or stay with my Z30. Seeing as how I have 15 days to decide, I figure it'll be worth a shot. I have yet to receive the Priv, but only have to spend less than a minute on somebody else's android to realize that BB10 is so entirely different (and awesome) than android that I'm not sure I want to commit to using it while there's a better options imo available. Not concerned about performance or app selection. BB10 with a few sidoaded apps has all I need. Blend is also a huge benefit, which I'd lose with Priv. So my main question is who has gotten into the Priv and been let down, OS-wise?

Posted via CB10
    A lot of people sure did feel disappointed because they want different things from their phone
    If your Z30 does what you want it to do, stick with it
    At the end of the day it's about what you want from the phone

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    bigjman and FF22 like this.
    10-16-16 03:22 PM
    Better yet go for passport. The best phone still today

Posted via CB10
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    10-16-16 03:36 PM
    Better yet go for passport. The best phone still today
    I feel that's where I might end up.

My first Blackberry was a Torch 9800 and I did love the slider aspect. I think that's where my first interest in the Priv came from. The better resolution/screen, the improved camera, the OS support are the strong suits that are pro Priv..... but I also want to work wide. Unless the Priv blows me away, I don't think I can give up BB10 yet
    extisis likes this.
    10-16-16 04:04 PM
    Priv was a breath of fresh air to me but obviously we care about different things. Side loading temperamental apps is something I just couldnt stand doing anymore and thats something the Priv eradicates. The only other thing I preferred on BB10 was the Hub, but the Hub is now pretty good with the recent updates on the Priv.. So im pretty happy.

No brainer for me but if apps dont mean anything to you then I suppose you shouldn't bother.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    FF22 likes this.
    10-16-16 04:20 PM
    The Priv that came out one year ago is DEFINITELY not the Priv we have today (unless you are on Verizon!!!, sorry).

The updates and enhancements are excellent and the issues before are a thing of the past.

I came from a Silver Edition Passport and had a hard time letting go because I was so unwilling to let it go.

Let's be real, Blackberry 10 is by far and away the most amazing OS for a phone, but if you used 10.0.1.1485 today, you would run to android or any other OS. It is so different and Blackberry 10 is just sensational today.

BUT, when you consider what Blackberry has done with Android in the space of a year, it is remarkable and NOBODY, even some of the so called Blackberry faithful do not give them try credit for it. And the reason I can say that is because I too was one of those people!

I now use my Priv very happily and enjoy it. I keep my Passport as my Blackberry 10 withdrawal symptom easer, but Priv is a truly remarkable and innovative device, and the Camera is beyond sensational. The screen is incredible and battery life you will just love. For an android device, I would never trust anyone other than Blackberry and it has proved to me that it came be trusted.

A recent trip to China proved that without question where DTEK would Scream at me saying that the WIFI network is not secured, or the phone shut down after attempted hack. Stuff my Passport would do, and Priv does it as well. I loved my Passport to death, and thanks to it, my trust in Blackberry continues to this day.

10-16-16 06:04 PM
    I recently have stopped using my Blackberry devices. (I did so reluctantly but Mr. Chen's having abandoned the best OS on the market is beyond discouraging for me.) I have a Priv, which despite its upgrade is still just an Android. I also have a passport SE and a p'9982. I enjoy the two latter devices immensely, notwithstanding their imminent obsolescence. That said, I transitioning to iPhone. I'm happy enough with it. I find Android less than adequate and prone to all kinds of complications. If you must move away from BB OS10 then I'd recommend an iPhone. Far and away superior to Android.
    10-16-16 06:40 PM
    Went from a Galaxy Note 3 to the PRIV, because I wanted to check out BlackBerry again. Found it so-so. The build quality reminded me of the Nexus 5 I used to have before the Note 3. Stumbled across the Passport SE and loved the form factor right away. Was totally unaware of the app gap with this thing, but man I love it. Best phone for my day-to-day use-cases.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-16 07:00 PM
    The priv is a good phone. It has come a long way and is getting better and better. It's just small things that annoy me with it but it's a good phone.

10-16-16 07:24 PM
    Not disappointed...but not the Passport. Something about the Passport just gets me. The feel, the OS smoothness, the look, the material quality, ect. Android apps are great but the overall experience just doesn't do it for me. I own a Passport SE and Priv...use the Passport exclusively.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-16 07:44 PM
    It's been portrayed as Passport being a 2 handed device. Is this strictly a from typing perspective? Surfing and scrolling can be done with one hand? I'm mainly communications focused, so games and apps I don't care for. Who actually needs 300,000� apps anyways. I probably have less than 10 that I use frequently. I think Peak and Flow will literally change my mind against the Priv and either drive me to a passport se or just keep using the Z30

Posted via CB10
    10-16-16 08:39 PM
    I am leaving my Passport for a Priv, it will arrive any day! As much as I love BB10 even I need some apps so Blackberry Android here I come. Sure it will be a learning curve, but I was blown away by a "Live" Priv I got to try..as compared to the dummy examples at some retailers that left me hating it earlier this year. Looking forward to the change, though I will miss my Passport keyboard

Posted via CB10
    10-16-16 09:52 PM
    I cannot say I am disappointed with the device at all. I am happy with it overall except it's simply larger size than I would generally like.

The software is where the subjectivity is. It is a mental shift to android where everything is compartmentalized with little natural flow between even core apps.

The best example is file manager, some people love that they have to go hunting around for one... while others consider it a "Busch league" move to not have something built-in..

With marshmallow, it is a very nice package and you will find it usefull..

I just wish I could snooze task reminders and snooze calendar reminders longer than 5 minutes...

10-16-16 10:28 PM
    The Priv that came out one year ago is DEFINITELY not the Priv we have today (unless you are on Verizon!!!, sorry).

The updates and enhancements are excellent and the issues before are a thing of the past.

I came from a Silver Edition Passport and had a hard time letting go because I was so unwilling to let it go.

Let's be real, Blackberry 10 is by far and away the most amazing OS for a phone, but if you used 10.0.1.1485 today, you would run to android or any other OS. It is so different and Blackberry 10 is just sensational today.

BUT, when you consider what Blackberry has done with Android in the space of a year, it is remarkable and NOBODY, even some of the so called Blackberry faithful do not give them try credit for it. And the reason I can say that is because I too was one of those people!

I now use my Priv very happily and enjoy it. I keep my Passport as my Blackberry 10 withdrawal symptom easer, but Priv is a truly remarkable and innovative device, and the Camera is beyond sensational. The screen is incredible and battery life you will just love. For an android device, I would never trust anyone other than Blackberry and it has proved to me that it came be trusted.

A recent trip to China proved that without question where DTEK would Scream at me saying that the WIFI network is not secured, or the phone shut down after attempted hack. Stuff my Passport would do, and Priv does it as well. I loved my Passport to death, and thanks to it, my trust in Blackberry continues to this day.

While us verizon priv owners don't have all the updates we have still gotten several improvements to the hub and so forth. Still a good phone for me on lollipop
    10-16-16 11:50 PM
    Hated my priv at first because it wasn't BB10. But now, I wouldn't trade android for the world. The customizing is truly amazing, you can make this phone your own. The way my priv handles notifications is much better than bb10. I found I always had to clear notifications in the hub in bb10 that were still showing as unread. Only real thing I miss from bb10 is the actual hub integration itself. The swipe up to the right from any page was very powerful and efficient. Blackberry tried to mimic this action on the priv but it doesn't work as well. Hub simply isnt as good, but still does the job. Everything else other than that is pretty much better on Android I must say.

10-17-16 12:19 AM
    I went from a Q10 to a Priv to now a Passport. As others have said, the Priv improved a lot in terms of software from when I got it at launch until when I sold it three months ago. I had no problems with its functionality so much as it's design. I actually had two Privs -- the first was sent back due to some build issues, a creaky back being one of them. It honestly doesn't feel as "BlackBerry" as BB10 phones, for reasons both obvious and not. Long story short I'm quite happy with my new PP!

Posted via CB10
    10-17-16 03:27 AM
    Well the Priv showed up this morning. Man is it a nice looking phone! I will power it up later today and start the feeling out process. Not sure if I can get a good idea or not in 15 days, but if it's a no-go, I'll definitely order the Passport I think
    10-17-16 11:23 AM
    Get all the updates going... it will get warm during all that then will be good.

If you don't use Google yet,... you will have to start now..

10-17-16 02:15 PM

I think this guy say the true things. Give Priv a try.

Posted by Passport Silver Editon
    10-17-16 03:02 PM
    10-17-16 03:15 PM
    I've had my Priv for a month, coming from the Z30. I give the Priv 7/10 ... I rate the Z30 at 9/10. For me, there were a few apps which didn't work as well on BB10, but now they're better on Priv. But I miss the full and authentic hub. I hope if the business of BB is going to focus solely on software - they are able to replicate their BB10 Hub for other platforms.

I keep Priv on Battery Saving mode all day and 4/10 screen brightness so the battery lasts 7am - 8pm.

Priv Hub is adequate, but it is missing many little details. For example - it doesn't have the option to include sent IMAP emails (which helps me to know if my computer emails are hung up in the outbox). SMS shows up in the hub, but after you reply to a msg it leaves you in an SMS app ... rather than back to the Hub. It doesn't have Priority Option, only Red Flag to highlight important email.

I never use the physical keyboard ... I wish it didn't exist - so there might have been a bigger battery. And the possibility of better protective cases. And I find no need for the rounded front edges on the glass ... holding the Z30 phone with the rounded back edges is more comfortable.

The larger screen is nice, but Android puts a lot of buttons at the top of the screen (Send, back, etc) which I don't remember on the Z30 ... or at least my thumb could reach. But on the Priv it makes it a two handed device.

I also find other few glitches which makes me prefer the Z30 ... Contacts is more cumbersome, calendar notifications aren't always reliable. Even though I have erased some info from a contact (couple got divorced) it still shows the wrong name when the number is called/texted. I really miss dark theme (apparently it's coming soon). Screenshot is more cumbersome, photo filing is a complete pain. And don't get me started about the Assistant App voice commands!
    10-17-16 04:37 PM
    It's been portrayed as Passport being a 2 handed device. Is this strictly a from typing perspective? Surfing and scrolling can be done with one hand? I'm mainly communications focused, so games and apps I don't care for. Who actually needs 300,000� apps anyways. I probably have less than 10 that I use frequently. I think Peak and Flow will literally change my mind against the Priv and either drive me to a passport se or just keep using the Z30

Posted via CB10
    I can use my Passport with one hand, but it's not convenient and risky. Probably it's different for someone with very large hands.
    Scrolling is much easier with two hands as well. I usually put one thumb on display and another one on keyboard.
    10-17-16 05:19 PM
    Get all the updates going... it will get warm during all that then will be good.

If you don't use Google yet,... you will have to start now..

I updated it to marshmallow and have been updating this afternoon. Realize now that holding centering circle softkey that hub is being brought up anymore. Currently going through playstore and updating blackberry software apps, hopefully one of these will rectify situation
    10-17-16 05:42 PM
    Never mind, I was holding button and expecting icons to pop up, I have to hold and then start to swipe up and then icons show. Learning...
    10-17-16 05:51 PM
    The biggest issue with the priv is the [lack] of performance of Android. It lags and stutters way more often than it should... The overheating doesn't help either.
    10-17-16 05:53 PM
58 123