03-11-15 03:48 AM
309 ... 7891011 ...
tools
    Anyone think the Passport is going to have the feel of a Kobo or another ereader?

I really feel like the amazon partnership is having some influence on form factor...

Posted via CB10
    Excellent point.
    neoberry99 likes this.
    06-22-14 09:45 PM
    Excellent point.
    My ex-girlfriend has a Kobo and I remember holding it with its curved back and it was perfect for reading. But I was mostly in love with its grip and feel. I hope the passport has that too.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 09:49 PM
    I absolutely will buy this phone. Love everything about it!

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 10:13 PM
    I don't like the look of it, but what makes me right and someone who likes the look of it wrong really?
    Yep.

I found it to be ugliest phone I ever saw on the leaked photos. Seeing it in JC hands has made it the most intriguing for me.

I found my first BlackBerry, the Bold 9000, to be ugly as well and just bought it for functionality and convenience. Since then it grew on me very quickly up to a point where I loved the 'special' looks of it. I guess Passport will be the same.
    06-23-14 01:45 AM
    Any thoughts who is and why would anyone buy a phone as ugly as the passport, just curious is there anybody who is thinking of getting one?

Posted via CB10
    Why is it "ugly"?

Posted via CB10 on 10.2.1.3139
    06-23-14 02:02 AM
    It's a beautiful phone. Can see a lot of "designers" and "professionals" using this. "form follows function" or "function follows form"...Cannot differentiate, well done. The Q10 is an excellent phone except the screen is too small. With a bigger screen and what looks to be an excellent physical keyboard, I'm going give this Passport a try (and hope the double letter issues will be resolved by then). Go BlackBerry.
    06-23-14 02:17 AM
    People above your pay grade. The ones who don't want to squint at an iPhone screen to read documents their colleagues send them. Not everyone wants to carry a phablet/tablet and a phone to work. It's ugly. I'll give you that. But the research was done before this phone was designed and produced. There's obviously a certain niche (health care/lawyers/architects) that were considered when making this device. All these people using BlackBerrys at work but not liking the touch or q10 will want either of the 2 new phones. Same thing goes for the classic. Why did they build it? Because business wants it. The same ones that supply their employees with Bolds.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Elite1; 06-24-14 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Removed inappropriate language
    06-23-14 02:56 AM
    To be honest, when I saw the leaked pictures, I was not as excited I am right now, to get one in my hands... seeing it in Chen's hand, has definitely finished to convict me of buying one as soon as it'll be avaible.
    YEEUUP, I LOVE IT!!!

Posted via CB10 using my Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.3175
    06-23-14 03:42 AM
    Just thread title! Who would buy passport OUTSIDE This community?

I think over 90% of users here rock more than one BlackBerry device and adopt a new device the earliest time possible!

So everyone here is going to get one!

Outside CB I can't imagine the kind of guys buying one! Consumers, prosumers? Business guys? It's a little big for those guys and maybe also a bit complicated to handle! But we'll see...

I much more more predict the classic to be a massive cash cow for BlackBerry in the next few years!
    Lots of BES accounts gonna upgrade!

Posted on CB 10 and typed on the best Keyboard ever
    06-23-14 04:15 AM
    Indeed, I asume that BlackBerry did reseach wether the passport would make any sense.And at least BlackBerry is innovating and trying to be different and make investmenst. Give BB credit for that.
    06-23-14 04:31 AM
    Just thread title! Who would buy passport OUTSIDE This community?
    Absolutely the key question. It has grabbed attention in a way not many BlackBerry devices do these days, but whether that translates into sales is an open question. Truth is, no one has a clue.
    06-23-14 04:58 AM
    Absolutely the key question. It has grabbed attention in a way not many BlackBerry devices do these days, but whether that translates into sales is an open question. Truth is, no one has a clue.
    In a more skeptical view: every other BlackBerry device has been hyped and loved in this CB community completely independent of its commercial success!

But this time even a lot of guys here at CB dislike it!

We'll see what happens! The final hardware version needs to get an extensive CB test!

We don't know a lot of things about the device yet, especially the way the keyboard works...

Another point: I trust Mr Chen a lot and he knows how to sail the BlackBerry ship!

06-23-14 05:05 AM
    In a more skeptical view: every other BlackBerry device has been hyped and loved in this CB community completely independent of its commercial success!

We'll see what happens! The final hardware version needs to get an extensive CB test!

We don't know a lot of things about the device yet, especially the way the keyboard works...

Another point: I trust Mr Chen a lot and he knows how to sail the BlackBerry ship!

Then again, look at how certain models were trashed here on CB. The Q10's straight keyboard was called a huge mistake and ****-ugly, until it was launched. The move from wheel to trackball was said to be the final insult by some here. In short, CB has been a pretty poor focus group, as far as innovation is concerned.

The Passport is an innovative phone. Innovation is inherently risky, although lack of innovation is even riskier. The Classic will appeal to a certain segment of the population, but no one will accuse BlackBerry of being innovative with it. Between the two, all people who like, or think they might like, a qwerty phone will have something to think about.

I don't think it's a bad strategy.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    BroncoVAL likes this.
    06-23-14 05:35 AM

Yep, that is true. Equally though, the iPad was completely scorned by most on launch, and seems to have done OK. You just never ever know what presses the right buttons in the marketplace. I would be surprised if the Passport sold heavily, but I've been surprised before.
    06-23-14 05:56 AM
    I'm 95% sure I'll get one just need to wait for it to be available on BlackBerry website and of course on sale I'm planning to start a BlackBerry collection I want the Z30 and the Passport currently rocking the Q10! The classic is not calling my attention too much!

Posted via CB10
    06-23-14 07:05 AM
    This is an odd device that went from terrible looking the first time I saw the bad renders to less awful, then ok, and finally when I saw the new pictures of the actual phone I started to think that maybe it isn?t terrible after all.

Now after the side by side pictures I even started to think regular phones like my Z10 look too narrow! And an iPhone looks way out balance.

I remember when the first 16x9 TVs came out. Lots of people thought they were an odd shape. Until it became the norm.
    Not that this phone will likely do that.

But I can see a lot of benefits. I'll try one when it comes out.

Maybe I'll be converted in the end!

Posted via CB10
    06-23-14 07:18 AM
    I love how everyone said it was so ugly from a bunch of bad leaked spy shots. It was just such a typical response with no thought put towards it.

Guess what everything taken from spy shots looks ugly. That goes for phones, cars, and whatever else. I thought people had realized that by now but apparently not. Of course it looks nice now that it's actually been shown off.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-14 07:44 AM
    Kind of glad it's not being released in Canada first. We should have decent opinion on them from the British. They have also been one of Blackberrys biggest fans over the years.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-14 07:47 AM
    It come to London first =sweet ,It's a blackberry ,rare ,different looking, not popular hipster item. Which makes it super cool without even trying.
    nglfmark likes this.
    06-23-14 08:04 AM
    Now Let's hope the Marketing not as lame as in the Thorsten's time... Passport could be the ice breaker for Blackberry
    06-23-14 09:23 AM
    If this is meant for business I doubt we'll see any marketing beyond a corporations contact. I don't see them putting commercials on TV etc.
    neoberry99 likes this.
    06-23-14 09:48 AM
    I love it!!!

Posted via CB10
    06-23-14 10:35 AM
    I will admit I'm part of the crowd who thought the leaked photos were horrendous! After seeing the photos I think it's a very sleek and beautiful device, definitely something I would be happy to be seen with. I think it's a device that will grab attention and split opinion, but it looks like it's been executed in such a way that the general consensus will be positive. It's a device I would be happy for people to comment on.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-14 11:14 AM
    I think some of the admin folks told us it was going to look much nicer live.
    They were right!!!

Posted from my awesome Q10 via CB10.
    06-23-14 11:17 AM
    Me!!!!

Posted via CB10
    06-23-14 11:20 AM
309 ... 7891011 ...