As I said, only a mother can love an ugly child

Posted via CB10
    06-21-14 11:13 PM
    Looks very cool and new, but at the same time seems somewhat familiar.
    Overall first impressions, I like it !!

Posted via CB10 with my Super Snappy Q5
    06-21-14 11:46 PM
    it really grew on me especially after seeing the video of it
    06-22-14 03:33 AM
    I just had my Q10 so I won't buy immediately. For my "Work" side, I need something as compact as the Q10. I am going to invest on an iPad for my "Play" side though.

Q10 | Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.3175 | Globe PH
    06-22-14 03:59 AM
    Can anyone tell me how to write symbol and capital letter in Bb passport since there is only 3 rows keyboard (No ALt, Sym keyboard) ?

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums
    06-22-14 05:57 AM
    I think it's important to keep in mind that the passport is also very thin, so it is designed to go together with a real passport in a folder style case for easy travel, can be snugly carried better than a smaller thicker phone in a purse or business jacket pocket, and also in a lab/medical coat outside pocket. Not sure I like the squared corners but it does seem to be reflective of a general move towards 'modernist' design over 'ergonomic' curves. Anyways we know for sure at least Apple won't try to sue, lol. So although it may turn out to be a bit of a laughing stock, there will likely be a small number of supporters from unexpected places, and the phones will be liked and bought by many in the non-consumer target markets (and a small subset of consumers who want something different). If BlackBerry markets it correctly they may be able to prevent some of the ridicule, but a little bit isn't a negative thing because it will just draw more attention.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 06:46 AM
    Passport looks interesting. Cross between a phone and a tablet. We all know what that is. For the business user on the fly......it could be a hit. I know I am going to definitely try one. So 1 sold thus far.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, The Passport is real ugly but some folks higher up in corporate ladder may need (due to age) a bigger screen than what BlackBerry have offered. They don't mind the look of their devices. It may work for the target audience.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 07:17 AM
    As you can see from my signature, I've gone back and forth between qwerty and touch for years. I personally like the passport design and will likely make the switch later this year. I believe the keyboard with a larger screen will help productivity for most work use cases.

I also like the look. I hope being different will create some buzz and excitement in countries like the US to drive sales.

Posted via CB10 (7250 -> 8703e -> 9530 -> 9550 -> 9650 -> 9930 -> PlayBook -> Z10 -> Z30)
    06-22-14 07:45 AM
  9. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Very futuristic, professional.... oh yes getting one!!

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 07:50 AM
    90% of what I do with a smartphone is reading and writing. This design should be perfect for those activities--assuming the new keyboard works well.

Web browsing in that big square hi-res window should compare favorably with any device out there. The same goes for viewing photos and other images.

Gaming and viewing videos will be comparable to the experience on the iPhone 4, only higher resolution. That's not state of the art, so the Passport isn't the right choice for anyone for whom these are first priority uses.

For me, it's perfect --again assuming the keyboard works well. I'm not going to judge that until I've seen some careful reviews.

I have never particularly liked having the 16:9 aspect ratio forced on me for all purposes. Why should the standard for video drive everything else? I think 4:3 is a better all-purpose layout but I have no problem with square.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    06-22-14 08:04 AM
    Waiting for demos before making a judgment on getting one. Considering this or the classic.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 08:04 AM
    Yes, The Passport is real ugly but some folks higher up in corporate ladder may need (due to age) a bigger screen than what BlackBerry have offered. They don't mind the look of their devices. It may work for the target audience.

Posted via CB10
    Can't read your post. Could you please post with a larger font to make up for my tiny BlackBerry screen?

Posted via CB10
    TgeekB and nglfmark like this.
    06-22-14 08:05 AM
    Can't read your post. Could you please post with a larger font to make up for my tiny BlackBerry screen?

Posted via CB10
    Ha ha. I use reading glasses using my 8" tablet.
    06-22-14 08:15 AM
    I think passport will be my next phone...
    But I still have to see how the special characters work on the keyboard, and how well I can adapt to that very weird bottom row
    06-22-14 08:16 AM
    The Passport is the Nissan Cube, the Honda Element, and the KIA Soul of the smartphone world. You either love 'em.....or hate 'em!

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 08:23 AM
    The Passport is the Nissan Cube, the Honda Element, and the KIA Soul of the smartphone world. You either love 'em.....or hate 'em!

Posted via CB10
    Or the Honda passport SUV :-)))

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 08:26 AM
    At first glance I like the looks of the passport, but I am a person who has to get the device into my hands and play with it before I make a decision to buy it.

I am also hoping the price point of the passport is aggressive to get folks to think about coming back to the Blackberry platform, just my two cents.

As I said in one of my other post, if the device comes in at or around 450 USD, I will be the first in line to buy it.

Sent from my lovely z30 on T Mobile USA
    Sorry to disappoint. But expect an unlocked price of around �629 GBP. It's a high-end, unique and fabulous device for certain industries.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 08:28 AM
    They keep talking about this "capacitive" touch-sensitive keyboard, but we haven't actually seen how it's going to work. I think the keyboard itself could offer some kind of touchpad functionality.
    It will. And it will offer something truly unique in functionality. Which is precisely the reason why JC is keeping it under wraps...

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 08:34 AM
    Those who stopped buying qwerty phones due to small screen sizes will come back to qwerty with the passport.
    06-22-14 10:03 AM
    I think it looks sexy and i will when it launches

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 10:05 AM
    Well.. you kinda have to.. how else do you travel out of the country?

Check Out TechCraze
    06-22-14 10:12 AM

Posted via CB10
    VERY true!!! I missed out on getting an Element. By the time I was getting ready to upgrade they were gone.

Would have LOVED one!!!

Posted from my awesome Q10 via CB10.
    06-22-14 10:46 AM

Posted via CB10
    You do know that you can "magnify " your screen on BlackBerry 10? There is an accessibility toggle in the settings that allows you to size up fonts / photos you can't read . They even have closed captioning . Hearing impaired? No problem ,the toggle is there too. All Built in to the OS no apps needed!

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 10:56 AM
    Considering every other phone on the market looks pretty much the same like most sedans these days it's nice to see something different which also looks great when not shown from bad spy shots.

This is more for professionals and not kids or whoever else that has to try to fit in with everyone else.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 10:56 AM
    You do know that you can "magnify " your screen on BlackBerry 10? There is an accessibility toggle in the settings that allows you to size up fonts / photos you can't read . They even have closed captioning . Hearing impaired? No problem ,the toggle is there too. All Built in to the OS no apps needed!

Posted via CB10
    I suspect he or she was being ironic...

Posted via CB10
    DS1331 likes this.
    06-22-14 10:57 AM
309 ... 56789 ...