Nice
    06-23-14 11:37 AM
    The whole idea of posting those ugly pix is to fool the copycats! It's late now!
    06-23-14 11:39 AM
    Very much tempting to get the Passport in September.

It would surely improve my mobile productivity with the wider keyboard. And its bold yet slim design is exactly what one could expect from BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-14 11:57 AM
    Very much tempting to get the Passport in September.

It would surely improve my mobile productivity with the wider keyboard. And its bold yet slim design is exactly what one could expect from BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    You assume it would. You won't know until you've tried one for awhile. For all anyone knows the new kb sucks.
    06-23-14 01:36 PM
    I'd buy that beautiful piece of hardware! So awesome for composing letters and editing spreadsheets. As an ereader, this thing is perfect. Goodbye kindle! Nary a more capable device were built, say I!

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.3175 O2 UK
    06-23-14 01:55 PM
    +1
    Posted via CB10
    06-23-14 04:51 PM
    I really like the look of the passport. I am not due for any upgrade for awhile but but of the current BB line up it's my top choice
    06-23-14 08:20 PM
    I'll be waiting in line on release day! Love the idea, and it's one of those gotta have things
    06-23-14 08:25 PM
    The Passport for some people maybe is just "ugly".

For me It is an ugly "beast"!!! But I want it now!!!

Via BlackBerry again with Z30!
    06-23-14 09:55 PM
    For me, the Passport is too big for me.

Call me old fashioned but I really prefer a device that just fits in my hand comfortably and with a bit of thickness to have a bit of "meat" to grip on to.

Another part of the reason I got the Q10 was that, it does not cover the side of my face completely like some Samsung phones do when held during a phone call. I would not want to get the BlackBerry if it did the same thing as well.

Another thing to keep in mind is that on longer phone conversations, you want to be comfortable holding the phone with one hand so that you can talk for long without your hands getting tired. The sharp edges and corners of the Passport will not be comfortable at all for those longer phone conversations.

Posted via CB10 using Blackberry Q10
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    06-23-14 10:34 PM
    I use bluetooth headset or earphones for long calls, mitigating the concern of holding a phone a long time or it covering my head while on a call.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-14 10:06 AM
    I'll have to wait and see how it works in my hands before deciding. I must say though that it looks fantastic and I'd be all over it if money was not an issue.

I've already spent way too much money on this company loll.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-14 11:38 AM
    I'll be waiting in line on release day! Love the idea, and it's one of those gotta have things
    The great thing about being a BlackBerry fan is that you don't need to camp out in line like sheep for a device launch!

Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    06-24-14 11:50 AM
    Personally, I don't like the "looks"... only specs will convince me to get one...

Posted via CB10
    Bbnivende likes this.
    06-24-14 08:30 PM
    This device is bringing me back to a keyboard phone which i swore i would never go back too.
    06-24-14 08:40 PM
    I'm getting one. The keyboard is new and different. Same goes for design. I think this phone willl be a hit when it comes down to marketing. It's odd,strange,and new. Nothing like it in the market

Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    06-24-14 10:43 PM
    I'm getting one. The keyboard is new and different. Same goes for design. I think this phone willl be a hit when it comes down to marketing. It's odd,strange,and new. Nothing like it in the market

Posted via CB10
    If there will be any marketing for this device, outside of already existing and potential enterprise customers, is something I highly doubt.

If that device is intended for the consumer market on the other hand, BlackBerry is living in a dreamland and shouldn't market it, because consumers want touchscreens. Touchscreens only. Basically.

So yeah, no one should expect that thing to actually see something like "marketing".
    At least not in the traditional sense we know.
    The biggest marketing factor for this device will be word of mouth, btw.

And yeah, I still want one because it seems to be ultra-geeky and the epitome of a keyboard device, which (sadly) isn't a slider (meaning I would prefer a slider by leap and bounds).
    But as a daily driver.... Hell no, I wouldn't want the Passport to become that.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-25-14 04:54 AM
    Personally, I don't like the "looks"... only specs will convince me to get one...

Posted via CB10
    Like what? I'm hoping for a better camera and a really good battery and that's about it. All of those other specs (super-duper azz dragon processor, 3-4gb ram) are not needed for the OS. It will only cause the price of this phone to rise. This phone will be for mostly BB loyalist who stopped caring about the best specs.
    06-25-14 06:48 AM
    When you look at the BB10 launch...in a lot of ways it was DOA. It was almost impossible to find a positive review. Everyone kept saying the same thing; average specs, no apps, OS a work in progress (but we like the Hub)...so unless you were BB fanatic most reviewers said you had better options.

For the Passport, many of those issues have been addressed and the focus is now turning to innovation and design elements. Some won't like the design and I say so be it. You can't win them all. However, I think others will applaud the unique design and innovative keyboard. Add to that 10.3 enhancements and you've really got something that stands out. How it will sell is anyone's guess...but I do think it has an actual chance of succeeding this time. I hope so and can't wait to get my hands on one.
    06-25-14 04:18 PM
    This could be a love/hate device, when something splits opinion, people tend to come down strongly on one side or the other and generally have stronger opinions. Those who love it REALLY love it etc. This could win them more sales than a device that generates indifference and might be the masterstroke that generates a lot of interest in blackberry due to its uniqueness. Also it shows the company isn't dead as they have the funds to experiment and innovative. I don't think it even matters if this device is terrible, it will probably help them a lot regardless!

Posted via CB10
    06-25-14 06:40 PM
    I don't think the consumer market voted against hardware keyboard so much as against stagnation. I don't think they're the same thing.

We don't know what the Passport keyboard will be like to use, but the form factor will get attention, and BlackBerry desperately needs that. The Amazon app store may not be enough to close the deal in the consumer market generally, but for those of us who mainly want to be able to read and write things on our phones, this design is going to be very interesting.

Innovation means not doing what everyone else is doing. And in this case it also means breaking with in-house tradition. A new form factor, a new keyboard, and an updated OS. This is what innovation looks like.
    06-25-14 06:46 PM
    I don't think the consumer market voted against hardware keyboard so much as against stagnation. I don't think they're the same thing.

We don't know what the Passport keyboard will be like to use, but the form factor will get attention, and BlackBerry desperately needs that. The Amazon app store may not be enough to close the deal in the consumer market generally, but for those of us who mainly want to be able to read and write things on our phones, this design is going to be very interesting.

Innovation means not doing what everyone else is doing. And in this case it also means breaking with in-house tradition. A new form factor, a new keyboard, and an updated OS. This is what innovation looks like.
    I like that, stagnation.
    The problem is that the PKB itself, is a sign of stagnation.
    Most smartphone users nowadays adapted to touchscreen keyboards just fine, and getting them back via keyboards with the 3 inch displays of the Q line, was and still is, a futile effort.

Here I can see the Passport opening some closed doors. But most people don't need a PKB, so why even consider the Passport?
    But at least 99% of smartphone buyers don't buy PKB phones, just keep that in mind.
    I don't see why the Passport would convince them...
    But it's definitely a device that might help BlackBerry to get some publicity, as it definitely is something new in the smartphone field.

The Passport itself is a huuuge Q10 though.
    I wouldn't call that innovation, much more evolution.
    Innovation is pretty much dead in the smartphone field.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by MarsupilamiX; 06-25-14 at 07:58 PM.
    06-25-14 06:57 PM
    I agree that most smartphone users have adapted to virtual keyboards, but I don't agree that hardware keyboard keyboards necessarily exemplify stagnation. The Classic will be the evolutionary development of the Q10, which is itself the descendant of the Bold line. The Passport is something else again.

Why is the 16:9 screen so dominant? Because it has come to be the standard for video. Why should that standard determine the form of a smartphone? If watching video is a primary need, we don't have to ask for any additional explanation. But for people for whom video viewing is fairly far down the list, the ideal form factor is wide open.

Or it should be, anyway. As I said a few pages back, I think web page viewing and document reading and editing will be an order of magnitude better on the Passport screen than on any other device out there at the moment. And I think this is going to take a lot of people by surprise. We've settled for the 16:9 narrow box for so long we've forgotten how awkward it is for anything other than video viewing.
    06-25-14 07:26 PM
    Totally agree

Posted via CB10
    06-25-14 07:36 PM
    Yes, the innovation on the keypad is so much awesome and I'm tired of usual resolution of the most devices.

HD resolution is too mainstream for me, not actually good when it comes to productivity, too slim in portrait and too wide in landscape mode, makes my life hard to view spreadsheets.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-14 07:51 PM
309 ... 89101112 ...