Has this been confirmed? When I first got my Z30 I was worried about how I would adjust to the non-removable battery. But after experiencing what a complete boss the Z30 battery performance was, those worries quickly went away.

If the Passport and Classic do end up having non-removable batteries, as long as the charge is as good as the Z30's, I'll be happy.

Posted via CB10
    Pretty sure, it has been confirmed that both the Passport and the Classic will have sealed batteries.

Just to be clear, I am sure that both of those new phones will have more than adequate battery life to at least match the Z30 and the Q10 in the first months.

However, all current rechargeable batteries deteriorate and eventually they will not hold a charge, (usually around the 18 - 24 months mark). I tend to use my phones close to three years, and even after I get a new phone, I keep my old phones as secondary devices or as cameras.

So for me, user replaceable battery is a MUST in a smartphone.

Posted via CB10 using Blackberry Q10
    06-20-14 10:09 PM
    Pretty sure, it has been confirmed that both the Passport and the Classic will have sealed batteries.

Just to be clear, I am sure that both of those new phones will have more than adequate battery life to at least match the Z30 and the Q10 in the first months.

However, all current rechargeable batteries deteriorate and eventually they will not hold a charge, (usually around the 18 - 24 months mark). I tend to use my phones close to three years, and even after I get a new phone, I keep my old phones as secondary devices or as cameras.

So for me, user replaceable battery is a MUST in a smartphone.

Posted via CB10 using Blackberry Q10
    I see where you're coming from and that definitely makes sense.

In my case, I've yet to use any of my BlackBerry devices as a daily driver for more than a year. As long as BlackBerry keeps pumping out cool new devices, I will gladly and blindly throw money their way like a dog begging for table scraps!

OMG I love BlackBerry so much! I honestly don't know what I would do if they ever went under!

Posted via CB10
    skstrials likes this.
    06-20-14 10:15 PM
    I'm definitely buying the Classic first. But I am seriously considering the Passport as well, as a companion to my PlayBook and to replace my iPad.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 10:30 PM
    We will. I don't think this is going to be just an ordinary device. Judging from Chens comments looks like it will come with other attachments to be used in the medical field, I also don't expect a low price tag either.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 10:39 PM
    I want one, now. The official photo looks weird, but after seeing the pics from press conference, the thing looks sleek. Very bold design, I hope it will sell well!

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 10:42 PM
    I am in total agreement. That's why I started an iphone 6 vs Classic thread. This passport goes against all design rules. It's not symmetrical from top to bottom. Also why would you remove a row of keys on a qwerty device. So what's next? Only 2 rows. Then why not just go full touchscreen? And if they want 3 rows then why the weirdly square look-is there an advantage in removing rounded corners?! Only die hard BlackBerry fans would get this device. The Q10 I had intrigued a few iphone users. But the Passport!? I showed a few pics and they died laughing or looked away in disgust.

I'm sorry but I thought the Q30 would be a better specs Q10 but I was wrong. Aesthetics matter. And in that department apple cannot be beat. They are pleasing to the eye. But this passport is just plain ugly. It's just so mechanical looking. The calculator descriptions are very apt.

Posted via CB10
    No, I am a die hard BlackBerry fan and I don't like it. It is a pass for me so far.
    06-20-14 10:55 PM
    No, I am a die hard BlackBerry fan and I don't like it. It is a pass for me so far.
    The more I look at it the less I like it as well. Probably going to pass on it. Next blackberry will be in 2015 for me I guess.

Sent from my Kindle Fire HDX using Tapatalk
    06-20-14 11:00 PM
    Don't fall for the banana in the tailpipe...that Passport is an ugly phone and I don't think its not going to sell well at all. At least not in the US. The Classic is ok looking imo. I can see that appealing to legacy users. Probably will do well with that target audience.

Z10
    ...You need to say that with more bass from down in the gut....reading that I just had flash backs of Beverly Hills Cop. The cop who said that line was wrong too.....you might be too
    06-20-14 11:37 PM
    Neither the Classic or the Passport will get people's attention IMO. The only real buyers that will buy it are the BlackBerry fans. They might gain a few thousands, even tens of thousands of new customers from other platforms. But I don't see hundreds of thousands of new customers. But who knows, it might just do the job or at least bring in new customers

If only they market their devices to let people know nb 10 phones even exists

Posted via CB10
    06-21-14 03:37 AM
    Posted via CB10
    06-21-14 03:39 AM
    I'm a heavy e-mail user and would probably get one for business, but can't see myself taking it out when socializing it's just difficult to manage, I have Z10 would prefer that.
    06-21-14 03:49 AM
    I must confess it has grown on me somewhat. Initial reaction was rather shocked.

I doubt it is a game changer but then I'm not sure it's meant to be. And it does seem to have created at least a bit of a stir in the media, and not many BlackBerry devices do that now.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-14 05:16 AM
    Make it short and sweet for ya;

No!

Careful! Z10....er..... BlackDroid in action!
    06-21-14 06:08 AM
    High chances that I may get one. Could be my first QWERTY KB phone. It looks sleek and sexy. I must say it is probably one of the best designed BB phone ever to me.
    06-21-14 06:30 AM
    Love it.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-14 06:41 AM
    Funny because my wife told me she would dump her Note 3 for the Passport. When the first picture came out i didnt think much of it. But now seeing it in hand i liking it alot more.
    That's awesome to hear.

Makes me laugh. Highend Android ditched for a weird device from an "obscure" phone manufacturer that was rumored to go bankrupt soon....

"No Q10?" -> "Buy from Chen... "
    06-21-14 07:54 AM
    High chances that I may get one. Could be my first QWERTY KB phone. It looks sleek and sexy. I must say it is probably one of the best designed BB phone ever to me.
    It's splits the camps and gets people talking.

Great to see you in the keyboard crowd soon... I always had qwerty, after my Nokia 7110...

06-21-14 07:56 AM
    I see where you're coming from and that definitely makes sense.

In my case, I've yet to use any of my BlackBerry devices as a daily driver for more than a year. As long as BlackBerry keeps pumping out cool new devices, I will gladly and blindly throw money their way like a dog begging for table scraps!

OMG I love BlackBerry so much! I honestly don't know what I would do if they ever went under!

Posted via CB10
    One funny comment... LOL

06-21-14 07:57 AM
    I will get a passport!

Posted via CB10
    06-21-14 08:03 AM
    We will. I don't think this is going to be just an ordinary device. Judging from Chens comments looks like it will come with other attachments to be used in the medical field, I also don't expect a low price tag either.

Posted via CB10
    That would be interesting and make the most sense. This does not seem like just an ordinary phone that would be purchased by the average consumer. If it will be geared towards medical usage then it might just catch on. I guess we will wait and see.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    06-21-14 08:06 AM
    How quickly people forget. Heins made huge mistake by launching the Z10 first before the Q10. JC seems to be aware of that, pleasing the loyal keyboard users first to secure the profits and prevent others that are on the fence from bolting. I would not be surprised if he announces a premium touch later this year.
    06-21-14 09:05 AM
    I
    Aesthetics matter. And in that department apple cannot be beat. They are pleasing to the eye. But this passport is just plain ugly.
    Posted via CB10
    I agree asthetics matter but I can't think of anything more subjective that design.
    06-21-14 09:06 AM
    I don't like the look of it, but what makes me right and someone who likes the look of it wrong really?
    06-21-14 09:07 AM
    I'm leaning towards the classic, due to the track pad. But nothing is set in stone yet. Want to see both in action
    06-21-14 09:36 AM
    I doubt its going to be less than $700.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-14 09:53 AM
309 ... 34567 ...