I don't believe either this or the classic were meant to be consumer devices so, other than enterprise, I don't expect them to sell in large numbers.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    06-20-14 02:48 PM
    Let's go with the cliche - beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Then let's go with another cliche - beauty is as beauty does.

Here is the thing - yup, the phone is squat and square and unusual looking.

But...

It is unusual enough to make it appealing in an odd in-your-face kind of way AND that keyboard is going to be an absolute DREAM to type on. I mean, if this Q is magnificent, I can't IMAGINE what that keyboard will feel like. Given that it IS BlackBerry I expect that it will have the right *feel* and feedback when pressed.

Sometimes unusual beauty trumps classic. Take a look at Sophia Loren in her heyday. Put it next to Jennifer Anniston. Enough said.

Posted from my awesome Q10 via CB10.
    Sometimes beauty is apparent and visceral in it's initial impression. Other times it is so subtle initially as to be surprising later when it "grows" on you.

The Classic is quite familiar and a visual ,aesthetic improvement on what we "know". The Passport is new, and subtle in it's visual appeal. I much prefer subtle beauty as it more commonly brings cerebral engagement and can seduce all at once. As I see more of the passport , I like it more and more. If it passes the practicality test that we "already know" the Classic does it will be a game changer for BlackBerry.

To conclude I must address the Jennifer Anniston/ Sophia Loren comparison. To many that is no comparison at all ! And Ms. Anniston would be much the worse for wear in that. A young Jennifer Anniston and a mature Jennifer Anniston do not present much difference to my seasoned view. Yes she is "beautiful " but it is an expected beauty, (almost) manufactured and smacks of artifice. To use the ice cream metaphor: plain vanilla all the way. Of course, many like and will stick with vanilla all day every day and be happy. Conversely, a young Sophia Loren and a mature Sophia Loren are very different. The young Loren is a tigress barely concealing her dynamic nature if at all. This allied with her beauty is an intoxicating brew which made her a global sex symbol. A mature Sophia Loren is cultured, calmer and assured. The dynamic ferality is still there but is only hinted at instead of being apparent. Continental sophistication allied with beauty is foremost and even more alluring that her previous incarnation.
    To conclude, with no disrespect to Ms. Anniston who is no slacker in the beauty department she cannot hold a candle to Sophia Loren.
    Last edited by LoneStarRed; 06-20-14 at 03:23 PM.
    nglfmark likes this.
    06-20-14 02:56 PM
    Don't forget that the Password is keyboard sensitive.
    06-20-14 03:04 PM
    Well i showed it to some people and told about it.
    To my surprise a lot of them LIKED the totally new design. They said it was a with risk designed phone but it looks good and does forget about the (i quote) "old and boring " os 7 phones

This was with all the pics i found on internet.

But the surprise became bigger.
    Even my 52 y old dad likes the "tight, clean, bussines" look of the phone.

So i guess they did a good job.
    Oh btw, 8of the 11 where i phone 5s users who get bored of the "new" designed iphones and they where looking for something new to buy in september / oktober.
    Thunderbuck and LoneStarRed like this.
    06-20-14 03:12 PM
    Well i showed it to some people and told about it.
    To my surprise a lot of them LIKED the totally new design. They said it was a with risk designed phone but it looks good and does forget about the (i quote) "old and boring " os 7 phones

This was with all the pics i found on internet.

But the surprise became bigger.
    Even my 52 y old dad likes the "tight, clean, bussines" look of the phone.

So i guess they did a good job.
    Oh btw, 8of the 11 where i phone 5s users who get bored of the "new" designed iphones and they where looking for something new to buy in september / oktober.
    So true. Many are looking for something different now.
    06-20-14 03:25 PM
    I'm between the classic and the passport, I'm loving the size of the passport but I want to have a trackpad too... i'll wait until I can see how the keyboard works on the winde...passport.

Posted via CB10
    They keep talking about this "capacitive" touch-sensitive keyboard, but we haven't actually seen how it's going to work. I think the keyboard itself could offer some kind of touchpad functionality.
    06-20-14 03:26 PM
    I was going to get a Classic, but now....
    I really like Passport design. Since I already have Q10, I might go for bigger screen with keyboard to replace my PlayBook, sort of.
    But my decision will be all depend on how each works & feels in my hands.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 03:59 PM
    I don't believe either this or the classic were meant to be consumer devices so, other than enterprise, I don't expect them to sell in large numbers.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    I disagree. I think they are both targeted to enterprise and high end (Pro)consumer.
    06-20-14 06:06 PM
    As for the design I am also thinking that a lot of people are getting bored with the standard form factor of phones, which is practically the same with every new device released.

Thus, major manufacturers are desperately trying to brake out of this norm by bringing new standards like curved or flexible displays.

For once, BlackBerry is on time with their contribution to this game so the Passport could perform quite decently in the market.
    In addition, this phone looks very professional and it could be a welcome thing for a lot of people.

What's for sure, this something truly new that has never been on the market like this and it's definitely not just another BlackBerry.
    06-20-14 06:20 PM
    I'll be getting the passport

I don't care if other people want a bb10 device I wanted one and that's all that matters.
    06-20-14 07:58 PM
    I definitely want one. It looks like exactly what I've been waiting for.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    tomsobon likes this.
    06-20-14 08:03 PM
    The idea is good but it looks oddly shapped and uncomfortable

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 08:04 PM
    I will consider buying a BlackBerry Passport depending on a few factors which have yet to be confirmed. Too bad they didn't just release a new 7-inch tablet instead.
    anon5288998 likes this.
    06-20-14 08:13 PM
    I'm definitely glad they went away from the name "Z" and "Q", those are not good marketing names, sounds nerdy and not cleve.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 08:17 PM
    不知道 保時捷的設計團隊 會如何看護照 ? 下一個保時捷設計 p9983 ? P9999 ?
    06-20-14 08:59 PM
    I disagree. I think they are both targeted to enterprise and high end (Pro)consumer.
    Ahh yes, the prosumer. Forgot about them!

Posted with my Q
    06-20-14 08:59 PM
    Chances are I'll be getting the Passport and maybe even the Classic. The Passport is the one I'll probably use as my daily driver. The design of it has definitely grown on me and it's going to be premium all around.

The design obviously isn't for everyone and I'll have to use it to see if it's functional, but I'm excited.

Then next year I'll probably jump back to a Z50 full touch device.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 09:05 PM
    I find it strange that I find the Passport to be neither beautiful nor ugly... yet I will definitely be picking one up come launch. I am so completely captivated by its unique looks. Bravo to BlackBerry for making such a bold design choice. I love the buzz that it's generated on other tech blogs. Good or bad, I haven't seen this much media coverage for an upcoming BlackBerry device in a long time.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 09:18 PM
    I don't think it's ugly. I think it's unique and will spark up a lot of conversations about it. I for one would love to possess one when it hits the stores.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 09:22 PM
    I was watching the 2006 movie "The Sentinel" and Michael Douglas was carrying a super wide BlackBerry and it reminded me of the Passport. I was wondering what model it was. It had a wheel on the right side.

Z30 / STA100-5 / 10.2.1.3175 / T-Mobile USA
    06-20-14 09:26 PM
    A lot of people refer to this phone as ugly- which I find insane... but then I pondered, how many of these people are romantically involved with obese women & tell them that they're beautiful? Beauty may only be skin deep, but thank god the Passports skin is so sexually attractive (assuming the back isn't what the dev hansets were sporting) that I wouldn't care if it had the specs of a Bold 9000- it will be mine. If I had to choose between Rihanna and Beyonce scissoring- OR a Blackberry Passport... I'd... I'd... I don't know what terrors would happen!!

Posted via CB10 on my Q10
    06-20-14 09:28 PM
    This might be the one BlackBerry that USA stores might want to carry.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 09:44 PM
    I will consider buying a BlackBerry Passport depending on a few factors which have yet to be confirmed. Too bad they didn't just release a new 7-inch tablet instead.
    What factors may I ask?
    06-20-14 09:44 PM
    I will be sticking with my Q10 as both the passport and the classic have non user replaceable battery.

Posted via CB10 using Blackberry Q10
    06-20-14 09:52 PM
    I will be sticking with my Q10 as both the passport and the classic have non user replaceable battery.

Posted via CB10 using Blackberry Q10
    Has this been confirmed? When I first got my Z30 I was worried about how I would adjust to the non-removable battery. But after experiencing what a complete boss the Z30 battery performance was, those worries quickly went away.

If the Passport and Classic do end up having non-removable batteries, as long as the charge is as good as the Z30's, I'll be happy.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 09:55 PM
309 ... 23456 ...