Any thoughts who is and why would anyone buy a phone as ugly as the passport, just curious is there anybody who is thinking of getting one?

Posted via CB10
    playbook_swiper1 likes this.
    06-19-14 02:43 PM
    It's awesome and I'm getting one. You're entitled to your opinion though

Posted via CB10
    06-19-14 02:45 PM
    The passport is bigger, but displays the same amount thereabouts?

Four rows of five icons, same as the classic, just uglier?

Update:

Looking at the latest pics though with John showing it off, it's definitely growing on me.

Posted via CB10
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    06-19-14 02:56 PM
    I am in total agreement. That's why I started an iphone 6 vs Classic thread. This passport goes against all design rules. It's not symmetrical from top to bottom. Also why would you remove a row of keys on a qwerty device. So what's next? Only 2 rows. Then why not just go full touchscreen? And if they want 3 rows then why the weirdly square look-is there an advantage in removing rounded corners?! Only die hard BlackBerry fans would get this device. The Q10 I had intrigued a few iphone users. But the Passport!? I showed a few pics and they died laughing or looked away in disgust.

I'm sorry but I thought the Q30 would be a better specs Q10 but I was wrong. Aesthetics matter. And in that department apple cannot be beat. They are pleasing to the eye. But this passport is just plain ugly. It's just so mechanical looking. The calculator descriptions are very apt.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-14 03:02 PM
    I like it

Posted via CB10
    06-19-14 03:15 PM
    It's classic for me. I miss those copy and paste shortcuts with the track pad to much.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-14 03:17 PM
    I am in total agreement. That's why I started an iphone 6 vs Classic thread. This passport goes against all design rules. It's not symmetrical from top to bottom. Also why would you remove a row of keys on a qwerty device. So what's next? Only 2 rows. Then why not just go full touchscreen? And if they want 3 rows then why the weirdly square look-is there an advantage in removing rounded corners?! Only die hard BlackBerry fans would get this device. The Q10 I had intrigued a few iphone users. But the Passport!? I showed a few pics and they died laughing or looked away in disgust.

I'm sorry but I thought the Q30 would be a better specs Q10 but I was wrong. Aesthetics matter. And in that department apple cannot be beat. They are pleasing to the eye. But this passport is just plain ugly. It's just so mechanical looking. The calculator descriptions are very apt.

Posted via CB10
    I love it!

Going against all designs is exactly how you move forward.. the comment about 2rows etc is just silly because this own can have 3 because it's a responsive keyboard, for people who want physical keys but also want a solid screen, if BlackBerry don't release a Manitoba or other high end full touch, and maybe even if they do, this will be my device.. people can say what they want, but at least they'll be talking about it! It will make BlackBerry the topic of conversation again

Check Out TechCraze
    06-19-14 03:17 PM
    It's one of those..the more u look at it the more u are attracted to it. It may just be the "it" phone for BlackBerry. Various comments on different technology websites seem to confirm the curiosity.

Posted from my SuperHuman Q10
    06-19-14 05:46 PM
    Funny because my wife told me she would dump her Note 3 for the Passport. When the first picture came out i didnt think much of it. But now seeing it in hand i liking it alot more.
    06-19-14 05:52 PM
    Well when I first seen the pics, I wasn't too impressed with the looks, but once I seen a live image of it in hand, it looks a lot better. I will be getting the Classic though.

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
    06-19-14 05:59 PM
    I like it but I think I will like it even more in white.

It looks like nothing else on the market. Tired of all phones looking like the same slab.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-14 06:05 PM
    It's going to be likened to when the note was released, "who would own that thing"

Apparently lots of people.

The passport looks enticing to me, as well as the classic.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-14 06:24 PM
    I like it and yes I would rock it! But I want to see the build quality how it feels in my hands and the specs first.

Posted via CB10
    Alattin Simsek and miguel89to like this.
    06-19-14 06:45 PM
    It's going to be likened to when the note was released, "who would own that thing"

Apparently lots of people.

The passport looks enticing to me, as well as the classic.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not sure you can compare the two but I may be wrong. The note had the same design as the others, just larger. This thing is different and ugly. We'll have to see if it catches on.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    06-19-14 07:16 PM
    The classic is just going back to blackberry's roots, while the Passport takes it in a completely different direction! It's starting to grow on me as well! I hated the width, but I guess i'll have to test it out before I jump ship to a Passport or the next high end blackberry touch screen.

Posted via CB10
    anon(4044683) likes this.
    06-19-14 07:19 PM
    I'm super curious about this phone, like many, but the only "off putting" part is the one handed usage. That's one of the greatest things I love about my Z10. I like to walk to work in the morning and it's a 40 minute trek. Coffee is firm in one hand, and my Z10 in the other. I BBM, email, and browse the CB forums. Not so sure I could do it all efficiently on the Passport.
    06-19-14 07:21 PM
    Its really just the sharp corners that throw everything off. But then again the Z3 has sharp corners. There has to be some sort of advantage to it for BlackBerry to pursue this design.. I just don't see it

Posted via CB10
    Warren Garrett likes this.
    06-19-14 07:22 PM
    The classic looks soooo good! The passport looks good too but it's very innovative with the touch sensitive keys!

Posted via CB10
    06-19-14 07:22 PM
    I love the looks of the passport and can't wait to see what one feels like in the hand.

The classic isn't bad looking but leaves me with a 'meh' feeling.

Posted via CB10
    Grafic111 likes this.
    06-19-14 07:44 PM
    I am leaning towards the Passport myself, I like the touch sensitive keys but the price of the device is going to dictate whether I buy this or not.

I am hoping now that Foxcom is building the new generation of Blackberry devices that will make it competitive with then other devices out there. Only time will tell.

Sent from my lovely z30 on T Mobile USA
    06-19-14 07:47 PM
    Don't fall for the banana in the tailpipe...that Passport is an ugly phone and I don't think its not going to sell well at all. At least not in the US. The Classic is ok looking imo. I can see that appealing to legacy users. Probably will do well with that target audience.

Z10
    06-19-14 07:48 PM
    Not too keen on how it looks. I wanna get a feel of it first though before I judge the device. Offhand, I think the classic looks way better than the passport.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-14 08:08 PM
    Passport looks so much better than the Classic to me.
    06-19-14 08:10 PM
    Passport looks interesting. Cross between a phone and a tablet. We all know what that is. For the business user on the fly......it could be a hit. I know I am going to definitely try one. So 1 sold thus far.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-14 08:13 PM
    My reaction when I saw Chen holding the Passport and the realization that the leaks were real...

CrackBerry User reactions...

CrackBerry Kevin's reaction...

Last edited by Plazmic Flame; 06-24-14 at 06:48 PM.
    06-19-14 08:18 PM
309 123 ...