I have to say that it took me a while to come around to it. Habits from the Z30 and Z10 carried over and I actually more often than not had 'rotation lock' enabled so that the screen wouldn't turn sideways on me when I didn't want it to. I didn't really use landscape mode with those 'slab' shaped devices. Now it's the opposite and I rarely turn the rotation lock on at all.

I've come around to it on the Passport now though and, I must say, I love it! Being able to use the whole length (width) of the keyboard for scrolling through web pages and reading is the best. Before I got used to it I was still using the screen for a lot of my scrolling so that I could cover more surface area. It's become extremely comfortable now though to use the landscape orientation except for one cumbersome part...

When you minimize the app or browser and return to the homescreen, you have to flip your device back. But why? Especially on the Passport! The 1:1 ratio should make it so simple to make the rest of the OS turn with the orientation. The hub works in landscape mode, but then returning to the homescreen it turns back. I hope that this is one of the optimizations that will come as it makes navigating in landscape mode feel a bit less intuitive than the rest of the OS.

Anyone else feeling that?

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    01-05-15 04:52 PM
    I hadn't noticed, but you're right. The home screen stays in portrait mode.I can't think of a good reason why the home screen couldn't rotate either.
    01-05-15 05:05 PM
    I've tried browsing in landscape orientation and I simply didn't find it all that helpful. Since the screen maintains the same 1:1 aspect ratio, there is no advantage to viewing size and I found that keeping the Passport in portrait orientation allowed me to switch to typing much more efficiently. As noted, the only advantage I can see from landscape is more surface area if you like to only use the keyboard area to scroll through documents.
    01-05-15 07:32 PM
    blackberry passport putting pine needles in my flower bed and planting a bradford pear tree in my yard.
    01-05-15 07:50 PM
    I sometimes use the PP in landscape mode when browsing sites. Scrolling webpages with the keypad is one of my favourite features.

Would be nice to optimize all the gestures in landscape mode as you pointed out. Hopefully in the next OS update.
    01-05-15 08:24 PM
    I do when I'm charging the phone and watching a video. I prop the phone up and so it has to be in landscape mode or else it'll be sitting unstably on the charger

Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 04:11 AM
    Since it's the same size either way I don't rotate it.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 07:32 AM
    I never rotate it!

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    01-06-15 01:06 PM