11-13-17 12:11 AM
290 ... 23456 ...
tools
    Unfortunately, not anymore. But they were still the greatest tech I've ever had. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...03599ee48b.jpg
    The black Q10 is just beautiful, isn't it?
    07-15-17 09:53 PM
    I just recently shelved my Passport permanently and is waiting as my trusted backup if needed. I have been back and forth many times trying to justify it as a daily driver for today but it comes down to the browser. I can take the app-gap but a poor outdated browser is unacceptable. Yes it works but if you try an updated browser on an updated phone you will see clearly.
    It actually makes me angry that Blackberry refuses to provide an update that could solve this and simply ignore it. I would still be using it today if this was not the case.
    07-16-17 10:19 AM
    so you are no longer the passporter? between the stock browser and browsie, I dont really have any issues. though, you are quite correct. we deserve a browser update at a bare minimum.

Posted via CBX
    07-16-17 10:30 AM
    I find that it's the best of both worlds. I can actually get work done on the train, public transportation, off site or in a meeting, I've been able to use it effectively. The display aspect makes it convenient to see documents in a more natural format. It's perfect for "would be" Writers, for creating anywhere at any time . The additional functionality of the BlackBerry PKB with the shortcuts was unmatched (which is also available on the Classic and The KeyOne) .
    The key missing component was the support from BlackBerry to the continued development of the platform. I believe the PPSE was an example of the next steps of refinement of the Passport OG design. And a Passport II, could have taken it even farther. Other BlackBerry's have borrowed from the Passport; whether you change the name or the OS, make it thin or taller, we all know the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Thanks to the Classic and the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-17 11:18 AM
    I actually went out and bought one last week. Had keyone. But 625 isn't enough to push android os along.
    Had passport couple years ago.
    Just decided to go for it again.
    Falling back in love

Posted via Blackberry Passport silver Edition
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    07-16-17 11:24 AM
    so you are no longer the passporter? between the stock browser and browsie, I dont really have any issues. though, you are quite correct. we deserve a browser update at a bare minimum.

Posted via CBX
    No I guess not lol. I was contemplating calling myself The Nomad.

I found that trying to browse Google+ is a struggle for the phone and seems to suck the battery very fast and don't get me started on load times. Also I Tried going to Pandora.ca to get my wife a gift but I could not access the "add to Bag" button. It would not let me click it and the list goes on.....

On a positive note I did manage to get Videoder v.11.2.3-79 from APK Mirror in case anyone wants a music and video downloading app. Also found a great version of Shazam that works great v.5.3.4-15041417
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 07-16-17 at 01:48 PM.
    07-16-17 12:51 PM
    No I guess not lol. I was contemplating calling myself The Nomad.

I found that trying to browse Google+ is a struggle for the phone and seems to suck the battery very fast and don't get me started on load times. Also I Tried going to Pandora.ca to get my wife a gift but I could not access the "add to Bag" button. It would not let me click it and the list goes on.....

On a positive note I did manage to get Videoder v.11.2.3-79 from APK Mirror in case anyone wants a music and video downloading app. Also found a great version of Shazam that works great v.5.3.4-15041417
    I tried using Google drive the other day and all the browser could do was get a preview of some documents. Like, how would that be useful to anyone? Lol. Not that the browser was designed for that, but I get what you mean about the G+ struggle. And it looks like it's only gonna get worse
    07-16-17 03:33 PM
    I tried using Google drive the other day and all the browser could do was get a preview of some documents. Like, how would that be useful to anyone? Lol. Not that the browser was designed for that, but I get what you mean about the G+ struggle. And it looks like it's only gonna get worse
    Try using Playcloud to access all your cloud based needs. Excellent app
    07-16-17 03:50 PM
    Try using Playcloud to access all your cloud based needs. Excellent app
    Thanks, Do you know the difference between pro and free version?
    07-16-17 04:25 PM
    I forget since it has been a while. I like to purchase any app that I like and keep so to encourage updates and development
    07-16-17 05:40 PM
    Yes. The pro version costs money ;-)
    07-16-17 05:46 PM
    I forget since it has been a while. I like to purchase any app that I like and keep so to encourage updates and development
    I like to go out in the middle of the night and look for wounded animals that I can nurse back to health
    The_Passporter likes this.
    07-16-17 05:46 PM
    Yes. The pro version costs money ;-)
    Is that it?
    07-16-17 05:52 PM
    I like to go out in the middle of the night and look for wounded animals that I can nurse back to health
    Vultures circling over discarded meat.
    rickzimmerman likes this.
    07-16-17 05:55 PM
    My primary driver is the Priv while I'm using my Passport as mini tablet :-) I use it mostly to read blogs and ebook... awesome device! To bad BlackBerry no longer supporting it
    07-16-17 06:08 PM
    Hi still rocking my Passport OG 24-7 it is still a workhorse for me with e-mails, texting, and great phone reception. I have some android app that work fine Skype, Instagram, Viber, Line, Telegram, Disa (For FB Messenger), Signal and some others. I'll use it as long as possible. Great phone & OS too bad they are both slowly going away.
    07-16-17 10:22 PM
    Passport: long batter, physical keyboard, wide screen, standard voice of calling. That's all things make me satisfied until now.

Posted via CB10
    willboyce likes this.
    07-18-17 06:33 AM
    BlackBerry is my partner in business, always with me since 2005,can't live without it,will use it till it works....

Passport Silver Edition
    willboyce likes this.
    07-18-17 06:45 AM
    Love Big Red. It's such an amazing piece of hardware. Currently using it as my daily driver alongside my 7Plus to fill in the app gap.

 Posted via my Red Passport SQW100-1/10.3.3.2163  pin:2C09CE92
    willboyce likes this.
    07-18-17 05:25 PM
    I'll be honest. For a guy like me, best phone ever, moved to priv, didn't sit well with android and then went back to passport. If you're looking for a practical phone that makes sense on all grounds like typing, battery life, sound, software integrity etc, it wont disappoint you. But if you're into all that gaming and watching movies on phone stuff, probably not the best phone for you.

P.S. I love the physical keypad.
    07-19-17 01:08 AM
    just bought key one... apart from the apps.. and camera quality.. its a far damn inferior phone compared to my SE

Onyx > Dakota > Q10 > passport > passport SE
    07-19-17 05:29 AM
    I'm on the OG Passport and although I would like a KeyOne eventually....it's tough to let this baby go. Screen size, battery life, OS10 and the apps I need work great : BBM, Lyft, Netflix, a handful of Amazon store apps and games. Games are awesome on PP!

Posted via CB10
    07-19-17 08:57 AM
    Still on my passport. I finally got patched Lyft to work a few weeks back so I decided to put off getting a new phone.

Not gonna lie, I really love this thing. BlackBerry as a company is basically a case study in how NOT to run a b2c, but this little phone has a solid place in my heart, despite not having an alt/shift key.
    07-19-17 05:21 PM
    Still number 1 phone on my list.
    07-19-17 05:57 PM
    What's the white one like.?

Posted via Blackberry Passport silver Edition
    ratfinkstooley and jackielio like this.
    07-20-17 01:07 PM
290 ... 23456 ...