I have a Passport, unfortunately it is plagued. First by screen lift, which I could tolerate. But the nail in the coffin was the antenna death.

BBVE recognizes the SIM, but I cannot connect. WiFi works with no problems, but it's no longer a phone.

I was hoping to get the KEYᵒⁿᵉ, but am leery with the reports of screen issues and no monthly update as of yet.

Until I figure out what to do I am using my trusty Q10. This phone is built like a tank. Too bad BB10 is following the way of the dodo.

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosever believeth in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life.
    07-09-17 08:52 PM
    it's the best phone ever
    +1

Posted via CBX
    07-09-17 09:35 PM
    I use one as a second phone. I love the square screen ratio for reading. And the pkb is superb.

I don't do any third party apps though. Just browsing and email.
    07-09-17 10:35 PM
    I just upgraded my personal phone from a red Passport to KEYone. But I managed to switch my work phone from the Classic to my old RedBerry. After a good device wipe, clearing out the Cobalt crap, I'm left with a really solid device with a much better battery life without having all those Android apps running in the background. I like the Passport for what it is and isn't. It's a good work phone and not a good App phone.
    07-09-17 11:16 PM
    Same experience

Posted via CB10
    07-10-17 01:23 PM
    Pulled it out couple of days ago (original Passport) and can't believe how much I miss it. Been using Priv and Dtek60. The Passport is probably my FAVOURITE and the Best Premium built phone.
    I think they should make a BlackBerry Passport Tablet but make it a 4:3 instead of 1:1 screen. Have it same profile but taller and Android KEYone format with better specs like a laptop.
    Did I say I Really Really miss it.....
    07-10-17 01:47 PM
    It really is. And I actually morphed over from SE to the original, I like the typing even a little better on the OG Passport. Just a great device, from screen size to battery life, nothing quite like it. Shame that it's one of a kind, but who knows what strange phones the future may one day deliver to us, ha.

Posted via CB10
    You switched from silver to OG? Usually it's the other way around
    07-10-17 11:47 PM
    I just traded my note 5 for the passport. Had it when it first came out and loved everything about it other than the camera and lack of apps. But I'm determined to make due. Question tho. At first the facebook app worked. Then suddenly, it would say you must log out and I did because it gave me no choice and now it only loads the Web version. I deleted and reinstalled it and same thing. Not a huge deal but because it did that I don't get facebook in the hub or anything. Is this a common thing?

Posted via CB10
    07-11-17 02:54 AM
    I just traded my note 5 for the passport. Had it when it first came out and loved everything about it other than the camera and lack of apps. But I'm determined to make due. Question tho. At first the facebook app worked. Then suddenly, it would say you must log out and I did because it gave me no choice and now it only loads the Web version. I deleted and reinstalled it and same thing. Not a huge deal but because it did that I don't get facebook in the hub or anything. Is this a common thing?

Posted via CB10
    Result of OS upgrade. FB is no longer a hub integrated app, only Web wrapper. It may be possible to load an older FB .bar file, but I haven't tried or researched.

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosever believeth in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life.
    07-11-17 08:58 AM
    Almost ashamed to admit it, but since I started using the KEYone I havent fired up the passport SE. I swore by this device (and possess 2 ATT backups) for years, but havent looked back since trying out the latest offering.
    07-11-17 09:34 AM
    Almost ashamed to admit it, but since I started using the KEYone I havent fired up the passport SE. I swore by this device (and possess 2 ATT backups) for years, but havent looked back since trying out the latest offering.
    There is no shame, it's just a phone. Whatever works for you is good!
    naeempriv likes this.
    07-11-17 09:47 AM
    There is no shame, it's just a phone. Whatever works for you is good!
    For a very long time I said it would be impossible for me to enjoy an Android phone (I tried the PRIV day one with disgust) and leave BB10. The passport really does do everything I need in a phone for my needs. That said Ive really had fun with the KEYone and has opened up the opportunity to try lots of new (mostly productivity/tech/network) apps I had never played around with before.
    brookie229 likes this.
    07-11-17 09:51 AM

Posted via CB10
    Face10 will work well enough and integrate into the HUB. Also Messenger Pro should complement it well enough.
    I just use the browser cause it is less battery drain
    07-11-17 10:05 AM
    I really like passport but it's not a daily driver. I always carry them and use with WiFi connection though. I still dream that bb11 will come back.

Posted via CB10
    The_Passporter likes this.
    07-11-17 11:04 AM
    I own Priv, DTEK60, and most recently KeyOne. I can't stop switching my SIM card to my Passport SE! It is frustrating, since I invested so much in those other devices. It has finally dawned on me, even more than the hardware, it is BB10os that keeps bringing me back!
    07-15-17 04:06 AM
    I own two passports, OG and a silver. The OG is used for travel....buy a foreign local SIM card to save money on roaming and the OG is also a backup in case my silver suffers unrepairable damage or loss.

I use my silver every day for email, cal, contacts, maps, weather, finance, texting, news feeds, to name a few and they all work well for me.

I see no reason to change at this stage. OS10 is the best operating system out there. Too bad of it's demise.

Posted via CB10
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    07-15-17 07:52 AM
    Writing from my second Passport SE. The first one I had died after an unfortunate drop. I bought an Xperia Z5 Compact, but some weeks ago I saw a good price on this Passport SE and wanted to repeat the great experience I had with the first one.
    I have almost every app I need or a good alternative, and being a heavy email/chat user I consider this device the best for me at least until all issues with the Keyone have been fixed. And maybe then that device will be "too old" for Android apps or will still be too expensive.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-17 09:12 AM
    Until it quits, I'll be using my...

 Passport SE SQW100-4 with Vitamin (SR) 10.3.2.2836 (OS Version) 10.3.2.2876 on AT&T
    07-15-17 11:20 AM
    I'm on a PP SE again after my iPhone5s kicked the bucket recently. I love the speed of the PP but it's not as pocketable as the Classic. Just purchased a blue Classic. When it arrives I'll switch over I think.

Smoothly typed with me Passport SE
    07-15-17 12:11 PM
    Are any of you passport users still able to access whatsapp on the device?
    07-15-17 12:38 PM
    of course.

Posted via CBX
    07-15-17 12:42 PM
    Been using my SE since September 2016. Was a big change from my beloved 9720 but I'm happy with it. Works well with my secondary Nokia 808. Having a few problems with some keys but nothing major. Got a blue Classic as a backup. After a few months decided I would miss the Passport keyboard too much if something happened to it. So I got an original Passport from shopblackberry on offer just before they closed, as a backup phone. Praying TCL or someone else decides to continue BB10.
    07-15-17 06:23 PM
    I love my Passport. It's very underrated. People see my phone and ask why would I have a blackberry? My question is why not? It's the ultimate communication device. Too many people judge phones by what phones should not do in the first place. Texting and emailing is a breeze and the call quality is excellent. If I wanted to play games I would have purchased an Xbox!

Posted via CB10
    07-15-17 07:22 PM
    Love my Passport! I wouldn't give it up for anything. I love the keyboard and the fact that's its so easy the load And print all my invoices along with the fact that it's just a great work horse of a phone. Easy to go from one app to another and WorkWide is perfect on the Passport.
    Me,give up my right hand....never. We are inseparable my Passport and I.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-17 07:53 PM
    "Who uses BlackBerry Passport ?"

Who that really matters, doesn't? I am still using mine as a backup to the KEYone and I fire it up every now and again when it seems like I just can't take even one more moment of Android.

Being a confirmed BB masochist, I then put the Passport away again, get out the Blackdroid and see how many more needles I can stick in my eye.

I jest! Truthfully, Android has come a long way over the course of the past five years and the KEYone is not so bad. I am actually liking it almost as much as my Passport - "almost" being the key word.
    07-15-17 08:15 PM
290 12345 ...