I often find myself having to feel for the pause/play button and the volume control buttons, and have difficulty hitting the right button on the first try. So when I want to hit volume down, I get to hit pause, etc.
    Maybe I am somehow tactility challenged, but I think it would've been nice if the pause/resume button had some sort of difference to touch so it's easier to hit the right button without looking.
    Anyone have this problem? Any modding to solve it?
    11-18-14 06:24 PM
    I haven't experienced that issue... I also use the vol up n down keys to skips songs...

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 09:49 PM
    I haven't experienced that issue... I also use the vol up n down keys to skips songs...

Posted via CB10
    How do you skip songs? I used to be able to do this before 10.3 on my z10, but now on passport it only change volume when I hold it

Posted via CB10 from BlackBerry Passport
    11-18-14 11:55 PM
    Who thinks volume control and pause/play button had some sort of different texture?-img_20141118_235844.png

Toggle on music shortcuts

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 11:59 PM
    Or even if the Mute button had some raised dots on it or something, I see what you mean. I could benefit from that too.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 03:59 AM
    I haven't had that issue yet, but i have gotten some pretty good muscle memory for those buttons thus far...

On the previous BB10 devices the Play/ Pause key did have a raise dot with "sharpish" edges so you could feel it easily... the Passport is the first to not have this dot... mind you the up/down and play/pause keys on passport are noticeably different sizes while the previous BB10 they were similar lengths and touching... different design.. and i like the old one better personally

Posted via my game changer BlackBerry Passport

Attachment 315426
    Z30 shown above

Attachment 315427
    11-19-14 05:56 AM
    On the previous BB10 devices the Play/ Pause key did have a raise dot with "sharpish" edges so you could feel it easily... the Passport is the first to not have this dot... mind you the up/down and play/pause keys on passport are noticeably different sizes while the previous BB10 they were similar lengths and touching... different design.. and i like the old one better personally
    I remember seeing an article or video that this was an industrial design feature to help users distinguish the buttons by touch.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    11-19-14 09:14 AM
    I now realize that the thread title came out wrong. Anyway, thanks for your thoughts.

It may just be that my thumb is big and the buttons are small. I know in my mind that the button on the top is volume up/next track, middle one is pause/play and bottom one is volume down/previous track, but when I try to feel for any of them, it's a bit more difficult.

Maybe it has simply to do with the fact that the pause/play button is a bit smaller. When I try to press it, the tip of my finger keeps inadvertently goes over the other buttons and if I don't apply force precisely, I get to press the other key or both at the same time.
    11-19-14 09:26 AM