Hi,

I was waiting for months to get the BlackBerry Passport and finally I bought it few weeks ago. In the beginning it felt amazing. The size, screen etc. After using it for few weeks I realised that it is a heavy phone. I made a phonecall few days ago (around 50 mins) and had cramps in my right hand. Didn't felt good. Few hours later it went away. The next day I got a call (around 20 mins) and the cramps came back. I think it came because the way u need to hold the phone when you call (and its heavy). So with some pain in my heart I returned the Passport and got Samsung Alpha. Im wondering if somebody else had the same problem?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android

Who returned Passport due to width and weight?-img_20141123_114021.png

I dont know, your membership length and your post count dont coincide with an honest crackberrian.... I'm calling BS

Posted via my game changer BlackBerry Passport
    11-23-14 10:41 AM
    Lol... cramps from holding a 196g object. Certainly we have all but derailed human evolution.

I use speakerphone for longer calls quite often, mostly because I've never liked holding anything to my head for long periods of time.

Posted via CB10
    Injuries from repetitive actions and motions are very commong. Our bodies didn't evolve to hold awkward top heavy phones for hours on end. I certainly see how someone could eventually find wrist trouble due to the Passport. Or any phone, but especially the Passport.

CrackBerry users are very unaware.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by deadcowboy; 11-23-14 at 02:46 PM.
    keepit dry and anon8656116 like this.
    11-23-14 12:12 PM

Posted via CB10
    Funny you call people unaware and your nickname is deadcowboy...

Posted via CB10
    11-23-14 12:19 PM
    In the OP defense, 90.3mm is around 3 1/2 inches. If the OP has particularly small hands, I can see holding the phone outside of "normal" grip range (once again, for smaller hands) may cause cramping. Sounds more of a width issue, than weight. Not too far fetched. Just my 2 cents....
    keepit dry and anon8656116 like this.
    11-23-14 01:49 PM
    In the OP defense, 90.3mm is around 3 1/2 inches. If the OP has particularly small hands, I can see holding the phone outside of "normal" grip range (once again, for smaller hands) may cause cramping. Sounds more of a width issue, than weight. Not too far fetched. Just my 2 cents....
    I agree and let me just add that most of these posts are just plain rude and not funny in my opinion. Joke all you want but I said long ago that holding this wide phone to your ear for long periods of time was not going to be fun. The Passport is not for everyone. Just because you like it does not mean someone that doesn't is stupid or weak. The phone is a little heavy and very wide. Some people (especially women) may find it uncomfortable. Why is that something to laugh at? Also, the phone is heavy because of the very large battery. No because it is built like a tank. Get over yourselves people.
    anon8656116 and keepit dry like this.
    11-23-14 02:01 PM
    Hi,

I was waiting for months to get the BlackBerry Passport and finally I bought it few weeks ago. In the beginning it felt amazing. The size, screen etc. After using it for few weeks I realised that it is a heavy phone. I made a phonecall few days ago (around 50 mins) and had cramps in my right hand. Didn't felt good. Few hours later it went away. The next day I got a call (around 20 mins) and the cramps came back. I think it came because the way u need to hold the phone when you call (and its heavy). So with some pain in my heart I returned the Passport and got Samsung Alpha. Im wondering if somebody else had the same problem?

One Word Bluetooth
    11-23-14 02:13 PM
    I like the weight, feels sturdy and like a quality device versus some cheap plastic phone like a Samsung

Posted via CB10
    11-23-14 02:38 PM
    I returned the passport for its width and weight as it was impossible to write and d*i*e at the same time (OK, I know, I said it).

Although the satisfaction of writing on a physical keyboard is priceless, I was never able to be as fast and accurate as on the Z30.

On the other hand I loved PP from the aesthetic and constructive point of view, but I noticed that its operating system has yet to be perfected and I didn't found substantial improvements compared to my Z30.

However the main reason was that, as I knew from the beginning, I found it a less multimedial device: speakers were no better, size of the video (of course) and also phone call quality was no better than the Z30.

When I got back to the Z30, I seem to have a very small phone in my hand but I feel at home and much better now and I know that Z30 is the smartest of all Smartphones...

D
    Last edited by JulesDB; 11-23-14 at 04:39 PM.
    lift likes this.
    11-23-14 03:05 PM
    Hi,

Sure. lol

Salt deficiency seems to be the problem here, not the Passport.
    11-24-14 01:37 AM
    Whenever I can't make it to the gym I just pump some passports..
    thymaster likes this.
    11-24-14 03:10 AM
    Injuries from repetitive actions and motions are very commong. Our bodies didn't evolve to hold awkward top heavy phones for hours on end. I certainly see how someone could eventually find wrist trouble due to the Passport. Or any phone, but especially the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    Wow, now we are talking about evolution's impact on smartphone design. This thread is getting better and better. I thought our hands were designed to wield a club or axe to collect food from the forest.

Maybe the OP should stop foraging the twinkee box and try a light work out. Start by working a pencil, no more than a couple of lines of writing at a time. Make sure there is a rest break and remember to stay hydrated. The last thing you need is kidney failure.

Posted via CB10
    hpjrt and LostOnThePianoRoll like this.
    11-24-14 04:45 AM
    Wow...I'm sure the OP is happy he started the thread....

Folks, it's not the size or the weight that's an issue so much as your hands have to adapt to an unfamiliar form factor. So I can see how the OP might develop cramps. I haven't got a Passport but I do remember when I first used my 9800 that I developed cramps because of the unfamiliarity of the device. It was awkward to hold, initially. I then adapted and was fine.

However, if there is such an issue as cramps, all that is needed is a Bluetooth device. Or the ear buds with the mic, if you feel the Bluetooth is geeky,.

No need to give up the device if you enjoy what it does. Either wait a few days to adapt to the feel/weight of it or get a Bluetooth or use the earbuds.
    GeoK, doxa sub750T, lift and 3 others like this.
    11-24-14 09:12 AM
    If you're having cramps that easily with a phone that could be a sign of bad health. I have a friend who's hands were a tad shaky and had cramps peeling an apple. She didn't follow up with her doctor early enough so she suffered a stroke the week following. She's ok but she can't do any more long physical work anymore. You need to check with your doctor.
    You peel apples over there? crazy world we live in

Posted via CB10 on my Z10STL100-1/10.3.1.821
    11-24-14 10:13 AM
    That's enough said with that!!

I had to return my dumbells. They were too heavy

Posted via CB10
    11-24-14 10:34 AM
    Ran by a Future Shop today and had the opportunity to pick up a Passport. Took me all of 2 seconds to decide that I didn't like it...not one bit.
    That is one unwieldy phone and my hands are not in the least bit small. I found it very uncomfortable to hold. I'm not sure how someone would buy one in the first place if they didn't have hideously monstrous hands. One hoist of this behemoth would tell one quite quickly if its size was going to be an issue. I could see someone having issue with its size but that should have been easily determined on initial contact before the phone was bought.

I can understand how some people might like this phone...that's a pretty big screen and if you like buttons, those are pretty nicely placed and spaced for texting. I suppose the tech specs are big draw too...that phone is a powerhouse. I just couldn't see myself trying to hold that thing during a phone call for any length of time.

Posted via Z10- 10.3.1.1151
    keepit dry, lift and anon8656116 like this.
    11-24-14 08:34 PM
    Ran by a Future Shop today and had the opportunity to pick up a Passport. Took me all of 2 seconds to decide that I didn't like it...not one bit.
    That is one unwieldy phone and my hands are not in the least bit small. I found it very uncomfortable to hold. I'm not sure how someone would buy one in the first place if they didn't have hideously monstrous hands. One hoist of this behemoth would tell one quite quickly if its size was going to be an issue. I could see someone having issue with its size but that should have been easily determined on initial contact before the phone was bought.

I can understand how some people might like this phone...that's a pretty big screen and if you like buttons, those are pretty nicely placed and spaced for texting. I suppose the tech specs are big draw too...that phone is a powerhouse. I just couldn't see myself trying to hold that thing during a phone call for any length of time.

Posted via Z10- 10.3.1.1151
    Lot's of people get caught-up in the "bigger is better" crap. I have a Z30 and that is the biggest I would want to go for a phone. But like you said, it's not for everyone. Still seeing the insults flying around some of these posts. I thought Crackberry had more class than that.
    11-24-14 09:29 PM
    I had to return my dumbells. They were too heavy

Posted via CB10
    Lol pure jokes much like this thread.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-14 11:52 PM
    I have BB passport for about 3 weeks, love the physical keyboard and display of it, i have no problem with the weight but the width is bothering me now as i am a power user and on the phone 3-4 hrs every day, Few days ago i bought duplicate SIM's for the same number (don't think you can do it in USA or Canada) to put in my iPhone 5s & Z30, now i only use passport to reply to emails as i use z30 mostly to make/receive phone calls and Apps on iPhone or iPad anyway, thinking to re-sell the passport unfortunately....
    11-25-14 04:59 AM
    Lol... cramps from holding a 196g object. Certainly we have all but derailed human evolution.

I use speakerphone for longer calls quite often, mostly because I've never liked holding anything to my head for long periods of time.

Posted via CB10
    Yep. Speakerphone is great.
    I don't want fry my brains while on the phone for hours... :-)

? ? ? Zzzzmoqin'.... ? ? ?
    11-25-14 05:35 AM
    Still seeing the insults flying around some of these posts. I thought Crackberry had more class than that.
    You haven't been here long. Haha.

The completely idiotic, rude and flat out d!ck head comments on crackberry are embarrassing.

I dream of a future crackberry where we can have conversations and different opinions without the name calling and rudeness.

Via CBZ30 10.3.1.632
    keepit dry, anon8656116 and lift like this.
    11-25-14 05:24 PM
    You haven't been here long. Haha.

The completely idiotic, rude and flat out d!ck head comments on crackberry are embarrassing.

I dream of a future crackberry where we can have conversations and different opinions without the name calling and rudeness.

Via CBZ30 10.3.1.632
    come on,

not all of it was that bad, relax man.

No need for insults.
    11-26-14 02:57 AM
    come on,

not all of it was that bad, relax man.

No need for insults.
    I am relaxed! You should see me when I'm worked up!!! Hahahaha.

I wasn't necessarily talking about the comments in this thread btw.

I read comments that are mind blowing, head shaking, wtf comments everyday on cb. I always just skip them, and never get into it with people.

I had a slight moment of weakness and almost vented..

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand I'll bottle it all up inside.

OK, I'm good. Lol

Via CBZ30 10.3.1.632
    MC_A_DOT and HedoBum like this.
    11-26-14 04:03 AM
    The cramp is mostly due to the blood doesn't reach your hand because of the position, you'll have cramps even if you didn't have any phone just by holding your hand up right like that for more than 30min....use Speaker orberaphones for longer calls

Posted via CB10
    11-26-14 04:13 AM
73 123