Cramps from holding a phone?

LMAO!!!!!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 04:24 PM
    Hey mom can you buy me a Blackberry passport! This one is to heavy for me.
    Attachment 316224
    Honestly the weight of the passport is the first thing I noticed and really appreciated when I picked up my old iPhone 5S. The heft just exudes great craftsmanship! Love it!
    wincyUt and jupiter8 like this.
    11-22-14 04:25 PM
    Wow! I wonder how many here used, or can even remember the first cell phones that were 2 lb. bricks? We were so excited to be able to talk untethered that we never thought to complain about the weight let alone the size!

Posted via CB10
    wincyUt likes this.
    11-22-14 04:34 PM
    If you are getting cramps from holding a phone you need to get to a gym.

Mikescraftbeer.com - C00012735/ Mike Garson Photography - C00471EA8 / Against The Grain 2BD93EEE
    thedose likes this.
    11-22-14 04:43 PM
    My first Motorola weighed damn near 3/4 pound. It was a brick with an antenna and battery just as heavy, think it was lead-acid tech, probably should have came with a backpack, but I managed. How I didn't manage to go blind on the LED 10 character display was amazing and short of a miracle. The nerve of them making a 200 gram phone, the dirty bastards.

Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.3247
    11-22-14 04:49 PM
    For me it's not the weight that puts me off but that the size makes you stand out from the crowd when using it. In my line of work I do not like to draw attention to myself and that's the only thing that's stopping me from getting one
    Maybe there's a market for a small Bluetooth/NFC handset. You keep your passport in your pocket/bag/case and make/receive calls on the small device. It would have a minimal display/keypad to show whose calling you and allow you to access and call from your contacts app
    The Sony Sbh52 almost ticks all the boxes but doesn't have a keypad
    Am I the only one that would find this useful or is this a Kickstarter candidate?
    11-22-14 06:21 PM
    For me it's not the weight that puts me off but that the size makes you stand out from the crowd when using it. In my line of work I do not like to draw attention to myself and that's the only thing that's stopping me from getting one
    Maybe there's a market for a small Bluetooth/NFC handset. You keep your passport in your pocket/bag/case and make/receive calls on the small device. It would have a minimal display/keypad to show whose calling you and allow you to access and call from your contacts app
    Am I the only one that would find this useful or is this a Kickstarter candidate?
    Lol. Are you an assassin or something?

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 06:37 PM
    What are you talking about! I walk proudly with my BlackBerry passport. Should see the jealous looks I get when I pull out my BlackBerry passport. Loving my BlackBerry passport and the work wide app. Some of those looks are priceless!

Posted via CB10
    thedose likes this.
    11-22-14 06:42 PM
    I got a new job, used my tool, a 5 pounds hammer very much daily, a week later I trade my 70G job for a 30G, yeah crazy things do happened.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 09:17 PM
    Of course not yet just bought another one from Amazon! Cannot resist the great deal - Black Friday.

Cheers

Posted via CB10 with BlackBerry PP
    thymaster likes this.
    11-22-14 09:24 PM
    Wow! I wonder how many here used, or can even remember the first cell phones that were 2 lb. bricks? We were so excited to be able to talk untethered that we never thought to complain about the weight let alone the size!

Posted via CB10
    Never mind the 21 lbs cell phone, not long ago those young and old lady holding those 1 lbs hand set and talking hours at a time, I had never heard any complaints. I think man kind eating too much junk food and degrade themselves perhaps?

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 09:27 PM
    I don't even think about it or notice it anymore. Compared to a large iPhone the passport is small.
    11-22-14 10:01 PM
    No way!!! Are you George Constanza?

That's funny I went from the Alpha to the Passport because my hands were becoming grotesquely disfigured from holding such a narrow, lightweight device. As a male hand model, had to make this painful decision.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    HedoBum and ponpiri like this.
    11-22-14 10:10 PM
    No way!!! Are you George Constanza?

Posted via CB10
    Don't want to say but I definitely am "Master of my own Domain".
    11-22-14 10:33 PM
    Seriously, cramps? Not to be funny, but are you over 90? I've not had this issue at all. I find the speaker phone actually sounds better. If you need privacy, bluetooth is another great asset for long calls on any smart phone.

'BB POWERED' C001C1D66
    11-22-14 10:38 PM
    LoL...first world problems. "My phone is too heavy!"
    I remember getting the Dyna Tac back in '85...that thing weighed over 2 pounds! At least you didn't have to hold it up that long...only had a talk time of 1/2 hour.

Posted via Z10- 10.3.1.1151
    11-22-14 11:07 PM
    A smartwatch sounds like it would meet your needs.

Posted via CB10
    iToya and Dunmanway Emar like this.
    11-22-14 11:23 PM
    The OP obviously referred to ergonomic aspects relating to the Passport's width, not just the weight. It is by no means uncommon to get cramps or other problems when using devices that are not made to accommodate the human hand, especially when used over longer timespans. I myself had problems with a particular computer mouse once when the joint of my middle finger started hurting after a couple of hours of use. I switched the mouse and had no problems anymore. The Passport is wide, it's chunky and also quite heavy. I would accept the OP's problems with the device, it's not implausible. But no, the OP is obviously meek, weak and has a hidden agenda to smear the Passport.

Compared to a large iPhone the passport is small.
    It's not the size (as in length/height), it's the width. When you use the Passport for calling, it is the width and the weight that matter, especially when holding it longer than a couple of minutes.

For reference:
    Note 3: 79.2 mm / 168 g
    iPhone 6+: 77.8 mm / 172 g
    Passport: 90.3 mm / 194 g
    Last edited by Eitot; 11-23-14 at 12:47 AM.
    11-23-14 12:20 AM
    Pardon me, but I can't make you feel good about going from the World's most productive communication device to one of 100,000 different. models that utilize the same Android O.S. A clearly inferior product vs OS 10. Heck, after dealing with android for a grueling 4 months(Note 3) after fatally wounding my Q10,i went and purchased a Z30(or, my trusty sidekick Z3P0)and after 8 months with that device, I have now clearly UPgraded to the Passport(Q30). If you're new to BlackBerry, I implore you to get the Z30, or the Z10. If you're an old Hard line RIM fan, then I would suggest the Classic(Q20) which will soon be available, or the Q10 if size is your only complaint. Don't follow all the other sheep, learn our OS10 and be prepared to be blown away as to how much more productive the BlackBerry OS is compared to apple, android, and that windows thing(gotta give it to em though, they've tried for longer than BlackBerry, apple and android.)

Posted via CB10
    jupiter8 likes this.
    11-23-14 01:28 AM
    Lol. Are you an assassin or something?

Posted via CB10
    Haha! That's a killer
    11-23-14 01:32 AM
    I am used to wearing heavy Rolexes. Good training for the Passport.

Posted via CB10 with my BlackBerry Passport
    11-23-14 02:06 AM
    I once saw a BlackBerry Passport that was so heavy, it had smaller BlackBerry smartphones orbiting around it.
    11-23-14 08:47 AM
    I am used to wearing heavy Rolexes. Good training for the Passport.

Posted via CB10 with my BlackBerry Passport
    Ain't that the truth.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-14 09:34 AM
    Hi,

I was waiting for months to get the BlackBerry Passport and finally I bought it few weeks ago. In the beginning it felt amazing. The size, screen etc. After using it for few weeks I realised that it is a heavy phone. I made a phonecall few days ago (around 50 mins) and had cramps in my right hand. Didn't felt good. Few hours later it went away. The next day I got a call (around 20 mins) and the cramps came back. I think it came because the way u need to hold the phone when you call (and its heavy). So with some pain in my heart I returned the Passport and got Samsung Alpha. Im wondering if somebody else had the same problem?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    How about going to the gym? I think you have a much bigger problem, that's your health.

I think you actualy need a 5kg phone to exercise your body.
    11-23-14 09:47 AM
    I had to return my dumbells. They were too heavy

Posted via CB10
    jas1978, conbrio29, xBURK and 1 others like this.
    11-23-14 09:56 AM
73 123