So I know that there was a post asking who left Verizon for the Passport, but my question is how many have left their grandfathered unlimited data plans for the Passport?

I'll answer myself and say I did with no regrets; obviously less data on AT&T, but the monthly payments are cheaper. I just went by my typical data usage on Verizon to decide on a plan. With WiFi becoming the norm, even in cars now, I don't see the use in the small monthly premium I paid for peace of mind that I really didn't need.

Anyone else leave unlimited data behind?

Posted via CB10
    11-05-14 02:33 PM
    Not me. Ihave used up to 12 gb in one month. Play and work. I have the unlimited on voice, text, and data. Had the same plan since the, ahem, "choke" Storm UI and II, then the 9850, now the Z30. And yes, with each device change (and processor) the data usage went up. I watch live tv on it with the Xfinity go app, Download/watch movies with Showbox, plus the std. work load.
    Glad I didn't give it up. Boy, they tried to get me out of it tho, I purchased my device outright, and they still dropped my unlimiteds and slipped me into the go plan or something like that. Took me 2 months going into the VZW store to get it put back. Never talk/change/activate over the phone. Always go into the store and verify your plan etc. when the VZW "rep." turns the screen for you to verify.
    11-05-14 04:30 PM
    I have two hours to kill everyday on the train and have lte network from one place to the other so I just watch Netflix and I cross 40gb in a month easily

Posted via CB10
    11-05-14 09:29 PM
    Never! I use 10gb+ remains a month on Verizon. While VoLTE is in the works and a CDMA version remains elusive, I put my Passport on a prepaid T-Mobile SIM.
    11-06-14 12:23 AM
    Funny, I originally got my unlimited plan from Verizon the day the Storm was released. I switched from Sprint to Verizon as Verizon was the only carrier with the Storm and I fell in love with it. That was the longest time I have ever kept a phone and loved it the entire time. As I wrote in another post, I never followed CB until the BB10 launch and never realized the hate for the Storm. I never had any problems and loved that phone. Actually still have it and it is pretty beat up. Had a nostalgic moment and almost tried to find another Storm. Holding it just felt so right. Just an example of being nave I guess, but the original Storm remains my favorite phone.

I thought my Passport was perfect as well. After reading problem posts here, I noticed my volume keys are somewhat loose but I personally am not that picky. Of course I want the phone to be without any defects and I don't really consider the volume keys being a bit loose a defective device. Doesn't bother me, it works fine, and would have never realized it if it wasn't an "issue" here. Also, there is just some slight keyboard light bleed if I look at the device at the right angle on the sides while the keyboard is lit. Again, another issue that I would have never even noticed if it wasn't for some CB posts regarding this. All in all, I still consider my Passport mint and would sell it as so.

Back on topic, I guess those that have stuck with their unlimited data plans for this long are the ones using too much data to give it up. Was definitely expecting some more to have jumped ship. Was a difficult decision, but as I wrote... no regrets!
    11-06-14 12:29 AM
    i have unlimited data since my curve 8330 and i still use less than half a gig a month on my bold 9930. my wife gets 2 gigs on her iphone 4 and never goes over. i got a passport to use on cricket/att just to see if the coverage is good enough where i need it. honestly cricket's plans are great to me (even vs my corporate verizon/att discount. tbh i dont consider tmobile because it gets no coverage in quite a bit of the state), but i just want to try first hand before porting my number over. Besides verizon is basically forcing me to give it up if i cancel my international service that i used on my trip to brazil, so it appears i will lose it one way or the other.

of course, i am a telecommuter so my story is likely irrelevant.
    11-06-14 12:45 AM
    I had 4 grandfathered unlimited lines and gave considerable thought before giving up vzw. I prefer tmo for my use because I do not have a need to pay for the premium coverage that vzw provides.
    11-06-14 08:39 AM