Has anyone taken advantage of this promo? Did you receive the full $200 top up rebate?
    I have an old Iphone 4s kicking around that I may trade in for this deal. Even if I get $0 for the old Iphone the $200 top up still makes the passport cheaper than the Christmas promo.
    Note: the fine print does say this trade up promo may not be combined with any holiday sale.

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!!
    12-25-14 12:12 PM
    Boxing day bump,
    Anyone tried this?

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 10:27 AM
    I never see the top off offer. I. Looked at the site and it offered $50 for an old iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 10:30 AM
    Here's the link. the promo pays for the device, how much depends on condition, and 'may' add a $200 top up to the rebate.
    https://tradeup.blackberry.com/en/ca...footer:tradeup
    I was hoping to hear from someone who went this route that Blackberry does include the full top up in the rebate, otherwise I might as well buy it on sale today.
    Its starting to sound like no one has bothered to try this out..
    12-26-14 01:30 PM
    Here's the link. the promo pays for the device, how much depends on condition, and 'may' add a $200 top up to the rebate.
    https://tradeup.blackberry.com/en/ca...footer:tradeup
    I was hoping to hear from someone who went this route that Blackberry does include the full top up in the rebate, otherwise I might as well buy it on sale today.
    Its starting to sound like no one has bothered to try this out..
    It's not widely known or advertised but BlackBerry has a trade up program already in place as well as the current iphone upgrade being advertised.

I opted to trade in and registered a quote of 150$ for a like new bold 9900. Got my registration code and waybill sent it in. The bad news was that it is handled by a third party and my refund amount came in the form of a visa card. It took almost 9 months before I received my visa card with refund amount!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android side loaded on the Passport!
    12-26-14 02:02 PM
    Thanks for the insight.
    Looks like the third party his time is 'Clover'. Was clover the third party when you traded in?
    Also, did you receive what they promised in the quote?
    Thanks in advanced!

It's starting to sound like all their third party affiliates are about as good as digital river.. lol

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 02:41 PM
    My Mom really likes my Passport and is thinking about switching to one herself. She's coming from an iPhone 5.

How do you complete the trade-up though? Pay full price and then send the phone in for a rebate? That's kinda lousy especially not knowing how long it will take. Plus she'd want cash versus a Visa.

I may just see about selling the iPhone or posting a trade + cash in the marketplace.

Posted via my gorgeous Passport
    Last edited by SmileDahling; 12-26-14 at 08:03 PM.
    12-26-14 03:44 PM
    I agree, it's not an ideal setup. It seems there is no guarantee of how much you get topped up(if you apply they send you a quote with a total refund amount. Mine was $275. It's good for one month) or even how long it takes you get the visa card. I may skip it and buy a passport on the Christmas sale today. I'm curious to just try it out though. At least that way we would have an answer, hmm..

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 04:06 PM
    Not sure if you know but is the sale for today only?

bcorreia likes this.
    12-26-14 08:04 PM
    This tread has been used on Cbc news regarding on how likely it is that very few people used this promotion

http://www.cbc.ca/m/news/business/bl...ploy-1.2890138
    01-06-15 09:37 AM
    I sent my iPhone 6 in a few days before end of year. No responses or updates yet. Really hoping for the best...
    01-06-15 11:11 AM
    My mom did end up using the iphone tradeup promotion. So there's another one!

01-06-15 08:54 PM
    Thanks for the insight.
    Looks like the third party his time is 'Clover'. Was clover the third party when you traded in?
    Also, did you receive what they promised in the quote?
    Thanks in advanced!

It's starting to sound like all their third party affiliates are about as good as digital river.. lol

Posted via CB10
    Yes it was received and processed by clover wireless and yes I got exactly what I was quoted.

Posted via CB10
    Jeffm63 likes this.
    01-08-15 12:05 AM
    I agree, it's not an ideal setup. It seems there is no guarantee of how much you get topped up(if you apply they send you a quote with a total refund amount. Mine was $275. It's good for one month) or even how long it takes you get the visa card. I may skip it and buy a passport on the Christmas sale today. I'm curious to just try it out though. At least that way we would have an answer, hmm..

Posted via CB10
    There's not a lot of people reporting going this route! But for me it was the time that BlackBerry was transitioning From RIM to BlackBerry and literally took 9 months for me to receive my quote in the form of a prepaid visa.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 12:07 AM
    My mom did end up using the iphone tradeup promotion. So there's another one!

What was the total time from beginnning to end receiving her visa rebate??
    01-08-15 12:16 AM
    What was the total time from beginnning to end receiving her visa rebate??
    ^ this. I'd like to know too please.
    01-08-15 01:19 AM
    The promo started December 1. I bought my passport December 1, so I would be one of the FIRST to get my rebate. Clover has not even acknowledged receiving my iphone.

NOBODY has reported (with credibility on crackberry) receiving their tradeup rebate, and nobody has received any confirmation from Clover that their phone was even received. I have attempted to contact Clover many times and they cannot tell you the status of anything... their staff does not have the systems in place and they don't track anything. Nor has anyone reported success receiving any sort of confirmation from Clover.

Instead of having a nice rebate, I'm out one iphone and paid full retail for a passport when I could have waited a little to get a better price.

The program is highly suspicious. I will report asap if my status changes.
    I am still hopeful, but very disappointed in the lack of feedback.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-15 04:10 PM
    Super frustrating. I keep checking these trade up posts expecting to find some kind of good news but it hasn't happened yet. Except for the earlier instance by SmileDahling. Maybe that was a mere case of luck?
    01-15-15 09:54 PM
    Wow, this is pretty bad.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-15 06:15 AM
    I won't be surprised if it takes a while. I bet they will just process all of the payments at the same time when the offer ends (i.e., Feb 13, 2015). I'm seriously thinking about this too...but still deciding....
    01-16-15 07:47 PM
    I bought my mom the red passport hoping to use the trade up program. Because of this thread though I think that would be a bad idea. I may just put it up for sale or trade in the marketplace instead.

That's the latest on my end.

01-16-15 10:20 PM
    got my voucher number on dec 1 and ordered a passport that day, sent in the iphone 4s on dec 16, checked the status on the website with my voucher number that was on the printout, the status has been open since and no changes have been made, doesnt say the phone has been received,
    01-17-15 09:42 PM
    got my voucher number on dec 1 and ordered a passport that day, sent in the iphone 4s on dec 16, checked the status on the website with my voucher number that was on the printout, the status has been open since and no changes have been made, doesnt say the phone has been received,
    That's pathetic. I'd be on the phone with them until they told me something. A month is enough time for them to process this and at least show that they received it.
    01-17-15 10:37 PM
    The promo started December 1. I bought my passport December 1, so I would be one of the FIRST to get my rebate. Clover has not even acknowledged receiving my iphone.

NOBODY has reported (with credibility on crackberry) receiving their tradeup rebate, and nobody has received any confirmation from Clover that their phone was even received. I have attempted to contact Clover many times and they cannot tell you the status of anything... their staff does not have the systems in place and they don't track anything. Nor has anyone reported success receiving any sort of confirmation from Clover.

Instead of having a nice rebate, I'm out one iphone and paid full retail for a passport when I could have waited a little to get a better price.

The program is highly suspicious. I will report asap if my status changes.
    I am still hopeful, but very disappointed in the lack of feedback.

Posted via CB10
    That really sucks. What I don't get is how can Clover not tell you anything? They don't have the systems in place? How are they equipped to even do this program if they can't do a simple order processing?
    01-17-15 10:39 PM
    Still no response from Clover Wireless, no acknowledgment that my phone was received, despite me giving them a tracking number.... today is January 20, 2014, phone shipped first week in December.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 07:59 PM
29 12