CB app sucks real bad with network connection. Also, the keyboard is not getting any softer since I bought my Passport in march. Easily tiring on long typing, which I very often do. Makes me wonder hard about buying a Q10 or even Z10, since I heard it's amazing for typing, despite being a virtual keyboard.

Any idea how to soften the Passport's keyboard?

BlackBerry Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2339 on Telkomsel Network
    07-17-15 07:47 PM
    Mine has worked without one single problem, it has been excellent.

Somewhat ironic as I've just smashed the screen.
    07-18-15 05:07 PM
    Really can't say I do, I'm always inspecting my phone for anything
    07-19-15 05:09 AM
    CB app sucks real bad with network connection. Also, the keyboard is not getting any softer since I bought my Passport in march. Easily tiring on long typing, which I very often do. Makes me wonder hard about buying a Q10 or even Z10, since I heard it's amazing for typing, despite being a virtual keyboard.

After using the keyboard for a while and having to try the virtual keyboard I must say it's not easy to adjust, to many typos on virtual keyboard.

Passport/CB10
    07-19-15 05:25 AM
    After using the keyboard for a while and having to try the virtual keyboard I must say it's not easy to adjust, to many typos on virtual keyboard.

Passport/CB10
    I'd figured. Apparently needs to adjust, like most things. But many people say that once one does, the experience on BlackBerry's vkb is very much different than that of android's. I wonder in what way.

Would it be better on the Q10, instead? The keys are softer on it, so one can type relatively faster without tiring and cramping on the long run?

07-19-15 07:04 AM
    The only issue I had was with my first Passport, constant Bluetooth disconnects. After receiving a replacement the second Passport has been flawless.
    The one "user" issue I have, and it's more of an annoyance, is having to use two hands to type and perform some other functions. What I would like to see is a Passport with a Classic size keyboard that could be slid to the right or left, depending on if a person is right handed or left, that could be used one handed.
    Other than that the Passport is the best smart phone I've used. Very solid build.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport.
    07-19-15 07:42 AM
    The only issue was after first upgrading to 10.3.2 double typing occasionally appeared but now after going to 10.3.2.2339 all is good again! Very happy again.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-15 07:53 AM
    No issues of significance.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-15 08:22 AM
    PP user from Malaysia. All good for the last 7 months. Perfect phone for me.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-15 09:49 AM
    Bought it a launch and LOVE it!

Posted via CB10
    07-19-15 10:51 AM
    After having a Z30 for a while, using the passport since a few weeks, great device.

Just so now and then I face the issue that whenever I try to get it out of standby, I'm stuck at the standby screen so when swiping to get to the password screen, it just won't go there....
    07-19-15 11:06 PM
    I've only had mine for two months but no issues at all so far.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-15 12:08 AM

How are you holding your passport? I think these people who say their thumbs get tired and cramped are holding the top of the phone and try to reach down instead of holding the bottom.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-15 04:14 AM
    How are you holding your passport? I think these people who say their thumbs get tired and cramped are holding the top of the phone and try to reach down instead of holding the bottom.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah? You EVER really try to type for seriously long time (like translating at least 30+ pages of documents) on the go, with the Passport? Even if you're holding the bottom, your fingers and wrist joints will eventually get cramped due to weight imbalance of the keyboard rows being too low, and the keypads that are not getting softer with prolonged use. At some point one must alternate the typing with an external wireless keyboard to avoid carpal tunnel. Don't get me wrong. I love my Passport for its actual ability to get **** done, but fact is fact, and this is the reality that I have found upon using the device in my line of work, every single day.

I have no idea how some people actually managed to create hundreds of pages of novels using Bold 9900 or even lower version of BB legacy devices. But, hence my notion to try using Q10 or even Z10, with the thought that those devices are relatively lighter in weight to tolerate seriously long typing activity.

In the end, I begin to think it's no longer about the individual device, but the superiority of the BlackBerry OS itself that gets the job done.
    07-20-15 04:43 AM
    Yeah? You EVER really try to type for seriously long time (like translating at least 30+ pages of documents) on the go, with the Passport? Even if you're holding the bottom, your fingers and wrist joints will eventually get cramped due to weight imbalance of the keyboard rows being too low, and the keypads that are not getting softer with prolonged use. At some point one must alternate the typing with an external wireless keyboard to avoid carpal tunnel. Don't get me wrong. I love my Passport for its actual ability to get **** done, but fact is fact, and this is the reality that I have found upon using the device in my line of work, every single day.

I have no idea how some people actually managed to create hundreds of pages of novels using Bold 9900 or even lower version of BB legacy devices. But, hence my notion to try using Q10 or even Z10, with the thought that those devices are relatively lighter in weight to tolerate seriously long typing activity.

In the end, I begin to think it's no longer about the individual device, but the superiority of the BlackBerry OS itself that gets the job done.
    i honestly dont see how translating 30 pages on any phone is a valid use case of a phone. i have no problem chatting/emailing/answering customers constantly for hours though.
    07-20-15 05:24 AM
    i honestly dont see how translating 30 pages on any phone is a valid use case of a phone. i have no problem chatting/emailing/answering customers constantly for hours though.
    Dude, that's what Passport is actually use for: editing documents and spreadsheets on the go, beyond mere chatting/emailing/answering customers one can do conveniently on any other device. I mean, hence the form factor, no? Just look at the official Blackberry website and read what they say about what the device is for: Working Wide.
    07-20-15 05:34 AM
    Dude, that's what Passport is actually use for: editing documents and spreadsheets on the go, beyond mere chatting/emailing/answering customers one can do conveniently on any other device. I mean, hence the form factor, no? Just look at the official Blackberry website and read what they say about what the device is for: Working Wide.
    so were you able to translate 30 pages on a q10 for example? didnt your fingers hurt on that? i do write long documents though, but i do admit that not 30-page long ones. just get an ultrabook instead lol. i have a dell xps 13, pretty much fits anywhere and im pretty sure that it would be at least 2 times faster to translate 30 pages on that than on a phone. where do you translate those documents where you cant just pull out a laptop instead? editing documents, spreadsheets whatever is really what the passport is for, but im pretty sure they didnt mean it exclusively...
    07-20-15 05:39 AM
    Have had a BlackBerry Passport since Oct, and have been quite satisfied since. I paired with my MS surface Pro1, and sold my iPad mini retina. Perfect combination

Posted via CB10
    07-20-15 05:46 AM
    I've had no issues with my device had it since December... my first passport however had 3G connectivity issues... which on the 3 UK network is really hard to use considering their 4G is very spotty and they don't even have a 2G network lol

Posted via CB10
    07-20-15 06:05 AM
    so were you able to translate 30 pages on a q10 for example? didnt your fingers hurt on that? i do write long documents though, but i do admit that not 30-page long ones. just get an ultrabook instead lol. i have a dell xps 13, pretty much fits anywhere and im pretty sure that it would be at least 2 times faster to translate 30 pages on that than on a phone. where do you translate those documents where you cant just pull out a laptop instead? editing documents, spreadsheets whatever is really what the passport is for, but im pretty sure they didnt mean it exclusively...
    I guess. Lol. I don't know about the Q10, that's why I'm curious to try. Granted that I could translate and do other things faster with a laptop, but it's imperative for me to have something I can rely on on the go. BlackBerry is it, despite everything.

07-20-15 06:06 AM
    Just bought new passport on july 16,2015 and was a perfect phone,getting used to it again since using android, I like the interactive keyboard flawess and smooth and screen was perfect for reply or send email.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-15 07:04 AM
    Have had it since last October, and it's all good!

Posted via CB10
    07-20-15 08:43 AM
    Had some issue resolved by restarting the phone

Posted via CB10
    07-20-15 09:48 AM
    None at all... I have a white and a red one... We have another two in the company and they've not reported anything...
    07-28-15 02:23 PM
    5 months and all is good.
    07-28-15 02:27 PM
564 ... 56789 ...