11-26-14 09:51 PM
    I have it.
    I love it.

Former 9900, Z10, and Z30 user and lover, but now Passport rocker!
    11-26-14 10:05 PM
    Can you put the TPU over the hard shell case?
    11-26-14 10:11 PM
    It's okay but it's left marks on my passport where it clips on!

Posted via CB10
    Because you mentioned this, I went ahead and scoped my device to find a very tiny blemish on the SS bezel where the material has a slight shine to it from the constant wobbling/friction of the plastic (should have been rubber on the inside) on it. Due to this the shell will be retired as I didn't expect to pay $30 for an OEM protection shell only to damage my already expensive device.

Amzer case, here I come.
    GeoK likes this.
    11-27-14 02:26 AM
    Because you mentioned this, I went ahead and scoped my device to find a very tiny blemish on the SS bezel where the material has a slight shine to it from the constant wobbling/friction of the plastic (should have been rubber on the inside) on it. Due to this the shell will be retired as I didn't expect to pay $30 for an OEM protection shell only to damage my already expensive device.

Amzer case, here I come.
    Aww man, my pet peeve is a case that damages the phone it's supposed to protect!

Amzer all the way...

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 02:37 AM
    I like the OEM hardshell but it doesn't protect my Passport anywhere near as good as the Amzer case.

I don't like feeling like the sides are exposed. One drop on those sides, and they're all scratched up.

Plus, with the Amzer case, it's made out of some plastic which makes it easy to put stickers on.

Who has the Blackberry Hard Shell Case? How is it?-img_20141127_084620.jpg
    Who has the Blackberry Hard Shell Case? How is it?-img_20141127_084656.jpg

Posted via CB10
    Steelsheen likes this.
    11-27-14 02:48 AM
    Aww man, my pet peeve is a case that damages the phone it's supposed to protect!

Amzer all the way...

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, I'm actually very annoyed right now. Gonna tape up the inside and put the hard shell back on until the Amzer case comes in.
    11-27-14 02:52 AM
    I received my BlackBerry Passport hardshell case today and I love the look and feel of it on my phone. It allows for the beauty of the phone to be seen while still providing some protection. Based on videos that I recently viewed, the Passport is a pretty solid device anyway, so you may not need much else outside of the hardshell case anyway...

Posted via CB10
    jojo beaconsfield and GeoK like this.
    11-27-14 02:55 AM
    Hard Shell case is very good . Better grip and control of the device is guaranteed. No fear of falling down. Fit and finish is immaculate . It comes with a screen protector too.
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    11-27-14 03:08 AM
    I also had the BlackBerry hard shell case and now have the Amzer pudding case on my passport and I must say for the 7.95 versus 30.00, I say the pudding case is a better buy in my opinion. It offers better protection around the metal edge of the device and has a nice grip. Just my two cents.

Posted via my lovely passport on T Mobile USA
    11-27-14 04:43 AM
  11. fridaybeatsmondayanygivensunday's Avatar
    Yeah, I'm actually very annoyed right now. Gonna tape up the inside and put the hard shell back on until the Amzer case comes in.
    just got the hard case today and after reading this I got concerned so I check my phone...now my once pristine smooth passport has very small blemishes on all four corners. Damn. A day of use and now this.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 10:13 AM
    Thanks for the all info, and thanks to a longer ship date, higher pricetag, and the responses here, I went with the amzer case.

Can't wait for my damn phone to get in tomorrow.
    11-27-14 10:35 AM
    just got the hard case today and after reading this I got concerned so I check my phone...now my once pristine smooth passport has very small blemishes on all four corners. Damn. A day of use and now this.

Posted via CB10
    Really after one day only? I've covered my corners with some electric tape as a stop gap solution as my hard shell is back on until the Azmer case shows up.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 11:33 AM
    Where did you get that red BBM decal?

I like the OEM hardshell but it doesn't protect my Passport anywhere near as good as the Amzer case.

I don't like feeling like the sides are exposed. One drop on those sides, and they're all scratched up.

Plus, with the Amzer case, it's made out of some plastic which makes it easy to put stickers on.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141127_084620.jpg 
Views:	759 
Size:	37.0 KB 
ID:	317195

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 11:48 AM
    Even though it's better protection, that Amzer case makes the Passport look cheap in my opinion. The hardshell doesn't take away the professional look of the Passport, while protecting the 4 corners. Most of the time when we drop a phone, it hits one of those corners that take the brunt of the damage.

Posted via CB10
    surgeon1919 likes this.
    11-27-14 12:12 PM
    Had the hard shell case and its very good. I never had the wobbling that some have reported. Personally, I think the OEM case is better than the Amzer because the beautiful stainless steel is not hidden!

I had also ordered the tan leather flip case and since I've had it, I love it, so I dont use the hard shell anymore. I really love the magnetic closure, and also love that I can hold it in one palm like a little book when reading documents and books!

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 12:19 PM
    I got a Record Moda pull up strap pouch for $15 from ebay. A Fosmon tpu case/cover from amazon $5 amazon. Had the blackberry hard shell and sold it for $25.
    Who has the Blackberry Hard Shell Case? How is it?-img_20141127_190154.jpg
    11-27-14 06:06 PM
  18. fridaybeatsmondayanygivensunday's Avatar
    Really after one day only? I've covered my corners with some electric tape as a stop gap solution as my hard shell is back on until the Azmer case shows up.

Posted via CB10
    Yup. The case arrived in the morning. Used it. And after reading the thread in the afternoon, I peeled mmy case off to check. Lo and behold, small blemishes on all corners. Although to be fair, you'll barely notice it. But the point is, the case is supposed to protect the phone so..yeah..will wait for the pouch.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 07:46 PM
    Ok, then...let's just leave those wonderfully functioning Passports by BlackBerry...under glass and not use them?
    There is gonna be some wear and tear. Or did you think your Passport lived like Superman with no aging, flaws or hiccups? Please...come on and little blemish or wear? Haven't you been handling it? using it in cold weather outside; in your lint filled pocket; and and in a warm area of work or home?
    No one forgot their Passport in the car yet?
    getting a little picky now, me thinks.
    11-27-14 08:04 PM
  20. fridaybeatsmondayanygivensunday's Avatar
    Ok, then...let's just leave those wonderfully functioning Passports by BlackBerry...under glass and not use them?
    There is gonna be some wear and tear. Or did you think your Passport lived like Superman with no aging, flaws or hiccups? Please...come on and little blemish or wear? Haven't you been handling it? using it in cold weather outside; in your lint filled pocket; and and in a warm area of work or home?
    No one forgot their Passport in the car yet?
    getting a little picky now, me thinks.
    I understand where your coming from. I had a Q10 and it's riddled with dents and scratches. Lol. It can be a little frustrating seeing someone whining over little scratches etc... yes all our phones will get dented or scratched eventually, but most of the people here who bought the case were just hoping that maybe there could have been a better design like putting silicone gel or whatever inside the corners of the hard case ? This small things could have been avoided. Anyway, that's only my opinion..respectfully

Posted via CB10
    GeoK likes this.
    11-27-14 09:19 PM
    Where did you get that red BBM decal?

eBay!
    11-27-14 09:34 PM
    Thanks.
    Got a link? Or a name for that thing?
    eBay!
    11-27-14 10:55 PM
    So when my case comes I guess I should just sell it since it's going to damage the unit. Damn didn't realize that grr.

Thanks.
    Got a link? Or a name for that thing?
    11-29-14 09:46 AM
    How is this even possible ? Since when does rubber or silicone damage stainless steel?!!

I just removed my hard shell case to take a look at all four corners and I don't see a thing!

Even if there's a scuff, you can rub that off with your finger.

Posted via CB10
    GeoK likes this.
    12-11-14 10:48 AM
    Love the case.

"May I see your Passport please?"
    12-11-14 10:53 AM
59 123