Hi folks, bought a passport locally today that is, according to the previous owner, locked to Bell. I am needing to use it with Telus so I'm looking for an unlock code. BlackBerry code source doesn't seem to be very active so I'm wondering if I should use another company.

Any ideas? I'd like to get it as soon as possible.

Thanks, John.

A little back story, this passport was given to the guy by his company and he said he never activated it. He did have a bell sim in it and gave it to me. I picked up a Telus sim to use in it. I'm not going to switch over to it until I have the passport unlocked.

Via CBZ30 10.3.1.632
    11-28-14 05:57 PM
    I used UnlockMeNow.ca, it took about 12 hours (although I did put my order in at 11:30 at night) but the code worked the first time without issue and it was only $14. For Bell, the price is only $1.50 more ($15.50).
    11-28-14 06:05 PM
    BlackBerry Code Source.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-14 06:19 PM
    Hi folks, bought a passport locally today that is, according to the previous owner, locked to Bell. I am needing to use it with Telus so I'm looking for an unlock code. BlackBerry code source doesn't seem to be very active so I'm wondering if I should use another company.

Any ideas? I'd like to get it as soon as possible.

Thanks, John.

A little back story, this passport was given to the guy by his company and he said he never activated it. He did have a bell sim in it and gave it to me. I picked up a Telus sim to use in it. I'm not going to switch over to it until I have the passport unlocked.

Via CBZ30 10.3.1.632
    www.mobileincanada.ca

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android side installed on the Passport!
    11-28-14 10:17 PM
    Bell rep told me it was $50... did I misunderstand?

Posted via CB10
    11-28-14 10:53 PM
    I had emailed BlackBerry code source about an hour before I posted this thread and hadn't heard from them. About 5 mins after I started this thread I got an email back and then I went to their site and ordered the code.

So it's been about 4 hours now. I will update this thread when I get the code.

Thanks for the replies.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-14 11:08 PM
    Do these work for Z10, and how much?

Posted via CB10
    11-29-14 11:42 AM
    Do these work for Z10, and how much?

Posted via CB10
    Yes I'm sure they unlock a z10. Check their site for price.

I'm still waiting for my code.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-14 11:46 AM
    It's been 27 hours and still no code.

Via CBZ30 10.3.1.632
    11-29-14 09:13 PM
    11-29-14 10:35 PM
    Hi JWWDUKE,

We emailed you earlier.

I just want to update you that we tried processing it for all networks except Telus as you said you are unlocking for Telus.

The code is coming back not found for all networks Rogers, Fido, Bell and Virgin

I have submitted it to the blackberry direct method.

I will email you ASAP tomorrow once the code is reprocessed.

Also please see my email and confirm the imei number and other info we requested when you get a chance.

Thanks

Have a nice weekend

Best Regards,

James

I had emailed BlackBerry code source about an hour before I posted this thread and hadn't heard from them. About 5 mins after I started this thread I got an email back and then I went to their site and ordered the code.

So it's been about 4 hours now. I will update this thread when I get the code.

Thanks for the replies.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 12:53 AM
    Hi JWWDUKE,

We emailed you earlier.

I just want to update you that we tried processing it for all networks except Telus as you said you are unlocking for Telus.

The code is coming back not found for all networks Rogers, Fido, Bell and Virgin

I have submitted it to the blackberry direct method.

I will email you ASAP tomorrow once the code is reprocessed.

Also please see my email and confirm the imei number and other info we requested when you get a chance.

Thanks

Have a nice weekend

Best Regards,

James
    Yup I got your email and sent you a screenshot of my imei. I tried my telus sim but it says phone is networked locked, call my service provider.

Thank you, John.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 09:31 AM
    If the device was sold by Bell, but never registered with their system, there is a possibility that you won't be able to find an unlock code. Long story short, you need to first register the device with the original provider so it cycles in their system.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 09:42 AM
    11-30-14 10:32 AM
    Hi John,

Just want to update you and let you know that the code was not available with all three methods.
    We have sent you a full refund and emailed you.

In the meanwhile if possible please do what dejanh suggested, or you can also try getting the original owner to contact Bell directly to request the Unlock Code.
    They do charge more at about $50 but at least you have a chance of unlocking it. Although I tried direct with BlackBerry and no code came back, so as stated in my email I think it does need to be registered on Bell before the code can be available.

Sorry, it is not available, this only happens for a few phones.

Hopefully Bell can help. If they can't, then please email me in a week or so and I can try reprocessing it again. Hopefully the IMEI will be updated in the BlackBerry database by then and a code will be available.

Best Regards,

James

Yup I got your email and sent you a screenshot of my imei. I tried my telus sim but it says phone is networked locked, call my service provider.

Thank you, John.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 07:51 PM
    wow that sucks...but this is a good thread of reference for others of us who wish to unlock our phones....
    11-30-14 07:57 PM
    I unlocked my Telus passport on release day with Unlock Blackberry - Blackberry Unlock Code - Blackberry Unlocking too. they unlocked quick and it was easy.

I also had the same problem with my girlfriends Rogers Blackberry Passport, she tried unlocking it at a phone store in the mall and they said they couldn't provide the unlock code as the Imei was "Not Found" so I suggested she try BlackberryCodeSource and they were able to provide the unlock code the same day with their Rogers unlock service

Op Maybe try returning your phone to the seller and get a new one or as suggested contact bell and ask them for the unlocking code.

Good luck!
    11-30-14 08:38 PM
    I unlocked my Telus passport on release day with Unlock Blackberry - Blackberry Unlock Code - Blackberry Unlocking too. they unlocked quick and it was easy.

I also had the same problem with my girlfriends Rogers Blackberry Passport, she tried unlocking it at a phone store in the mall and they said they couldn't provide the unlock code as the Imei was "Not Found" so I suggested she try BlackberryCodeSource and they were able to provide the unlock code the same day with their Rogers unlock service

Op Maybe try returning your phone to the seller and get a new one or as suggested contact bell and ask them for the unlocking code.

Good luck!
    I'm going to see Bell tomorrow. I bought the phone from a guy on kijiji. He said he never activated it. he had a bell sim in it and I'm with Telus. When I put my Telus sim in, it says the phone is networked locked and to contact my provider.

BlackberryCodeSource was unable to unlock it. They issued me a refund and suggest I see if bell can activate it to get it registered on their network and then it may show up as being available to unlock.

So thats where I'm at now. Feeling pretty bummed that the phone may not be unlockable.

Via CBZ30 10.3.1.632
    11-30-14 09:45 PM
    The phone is definitely unlockable. However, phones provided to carriers require the carriers to first register them with their networks before they'll work with them and subsequently be unlockable. If the device is from Bell, you may need to activate a prepaid account and leave the device on the network for 24-72 hours before it cycles through the system. You can then retry the unlock.

I've had this pretty much exact issue with Telus at Passport launch. The device I received from their webshop wasn't even registered with Telus network and nobody could unlock it.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 12:06 AM
    The phone is definitely unlockable. However, phones provided to carriers require the carriers to first register them with their networks before they'll work with them and subsequently be unlockable. If the device is from Bell, you may need to activate a prepaid account and leave the device on the network for 24-72 hours before it cycles through the system. You can then retry the unlock.

I've had this pretty much exact issue with Telus at Passport launch. The device I received from their webshop wasn't even registered with Telus network and nobody could unlock it.

Posted via CB10
    Well that makes me feel better, thanks.

I guess I'll find out more tomorrow when I talk with Bell.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 12:10 AM
    Well that makes me feel better, thanks.

I guess I'll find out more tomorrow when I talk with Bell.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, I learned this though a Telus technical support rep after Telus themselves wasn't able to unlock their own device. In my case I think it took about 48 hours before I finally managed to get the unlock code.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 12:34 AM
    My passport is now unlocked and humming along beautifully.

I had to activate it with bell via a $15 prepaid month of service. Then I contacted BlackberryCodeSource and within a couple hours I had the code.

Thanks to BlackberryCodeSource for their determination and great customer service. They were always prompt and professional.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 05:11 PM
    Hello JWWDUKE,

By any chance would you happen to know if the classic from Bell would work with Fido if I unlock it?

thnx for your time,
    My passport is now unlocked and humming along beautifully.

I had to activate it with bell via a $15 prepaid month of service. Then I contacted BlackberryCodeSource and within a couple hours I had the code.

Thanks to BlackberryCodeSource for their determination and great customer service. They were always prompt and professional.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-15 02:38 AM
    Yes, the Bell Classic will work with Fido perfectly, you just need to make sure it is unlocked, then just pop in your simcard and it will work right away.

Cheers!
    02-09-15 02:56 PM
    Thnx for confirming, I ordered the unlocking code from you a little while ago

can't wait to unlock it and start using it!
    02-09-15 07:46 PM
27 12