I bought a BB Key 2 and I love it! I also have a Passport and want to keep it. My Passport is slow and has 23.48 GB of data in the system area and growing. I have read where it should be ~ 5GB and that the only sure way to fix the issue is to reload the OS. I do not want to try that myself so is there someone/company that can reload the OS and bring the Passport to factory spec/configuration? I am located in Houston.
    I contacted Blackberry and they no longer do that type of work.
    06-11-20 01:07 PM
    If your willing to pay for it... sure most any repair shop will be happy to charge you $100 to do it.

BB10 does work much better on a clean install, but in the end the amount of storage being used shouldn't be an issue. 5GB would be if you don't have data in your browser(s) cache, if you don't have any files in your download folder, haven't stored any photos or video internally, don't have email accounts syncing data, and haven't installed or used any apps.

But all you really have to do is try a Security Wipe... doesn't (40% chance it will) always work and you might have figure out an Autoloader anyway... but it's fairly simple.

But I suspect a good portion of the extra 18GB on your phone... is stuff you'll want to keep.
    06-11-20 01:28 PM
    I bought a BB Key 2 and I love it! I also have a Passport and want to keep it. My Passport is slow and has 23.48 GB of data in the system area and growing. I have read where it should be ~ 5GB and that the only sure way to fix the issue is to reload the OS. I do not want to try that myself so is there someone/company that can reload the OS and bring the Passport to factory spec/configuration? I am located in Houston.
    I contacted Blackberry and they no longer do that type of work.
    Do a security wipe then. It's right in your phone settings. It will reset the phone to factory settings.
    06-11-20 02:24 PM
    Do a security wipe then. It's right in your phone settings. It will reset the phone to factory settings.
    If you have the patience of Job or a fetish for self abuse.

Posted via CB10
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    06-11-20 04:10 PM
    If you do the wipe... and it appears to get "stuck", do a hard reboot by holding down the power button till it restarts. This "sometimes" will allow the wipe to continue.

But again... backup your data, as I'm sure a lot of the files on your phone, are things you will want after the wipe.
    06-12-20 09:00 AM
    Also if you need the hardware serviced, i'd suggest doing it yourself as its dead simple. My PP came badly smoke damaged (Smelled like 5 years worth of camel blue) and the light sensor wasn't working, tore the thing down yesterday and cleaned everything with alcohol wipes and now its working like a champ. its actually really easy to disassemble the thing as its all torxed together and not glued like modern devices.

Worth keeping in mind down the road.
    06-13-20 04:54 AM
    My PP came badly smoke damaged (Smelled like 5 years worth of camel blue)
    LMAO - that part of your reply had me snorting carbonated soda out my nose in public

Not sure why, but some kind of imagery, scent included hit me
    06-13-20 11:17 AM