Am I missing something?

Posted via CB10
    Yes: Wives can be "power users" and "power users" can have husbands.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-15 11:49 AM

Posted via CB10
    True, but very few women are into rooting phones and sideloading and jailbreaking etc. In fact, I don't know any. They are welcome to do so if they want, but the fact is, most wives get help from their husbands for technical things and there is nothing wrong with that if they have no interest in stuff like that.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-15 05:30 PM
    Email
    Email organization and filing (this allows you to keep the quick functions always visible)
    Conference calling
    Texting and messaging
    Reading
    PDF viewing
    Writing
    File Organization/Cloud Organization

Perhaps even dslr photo backup and viewing. USB OTG gives the Passport a lot of versatility. I'm going to use it in lieu of a laptop when on trips.

One time I was away from a computer and had to download motherboard drivers for a computer build and commit them to a usb stick. It's a great feature.

These are the standout areas in which the Passport is exceptional. The Classic or the Z30 can ha dale some of the USB OTG and file management stuff too. But the huge screen helps.
    07-22-15 06:13 PM
    True, but very few women are into rooting phones and sideloading and jailbreaking etc. In fact, I don't know any. They are welcome to do so if they want, but the fact is, most wives get help from their husbands for technical things and there is nothing wrong with that if they have no interest in stuff like that.

Posted via CB10
    Dale-C, I don't want to hijack the thread or keep going off topic, so this will be my last response. My point was that your assumptions seemed a bit dated in 2015. Just because you don't know women who sideload, etc., doesn't mean there aren't any. The world population is over 7 billion people. And as for "most wives" needing help from their husbands for technical things... again, it may be true in your social circle, but that doesn't make it a "fact" for the rest of the world.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-15 10:43 PM
    ...And as for my answer to your original question: BB10 is for any user who loved BB7 and wants an even better, more intuitive experience.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-15 10:50 PM
    ...And as for my answer to your original question: BB10 is for any user who loved BB7 and wants an even better, more intuitive experience.

Posted via CB10
    I hated BB7 but love BB10. It's probably going to annoy some people on this forum but I never would have purchased a BlackBerry device if it were not for BB10.

The old OS I saw as a niche for users who wanted a featurephone that could type and do more but required better battery life than smartphones could provide. For that reason I could forgive the annoyances it had.

All I can remember is trying to get BIS working and deleting service books and not having a fun time (did email server work back then when it was still commonplace to see blackberry phones). I could never have imagined myself eventually using one, but now I'm on my third.

Posted via CB10 on me red Blackberry Passport
    07-23-15 12:55 AM

Posted via CB10
    But that doesn't mean that the husband is also a "power user"... right?

Posted via CB10
    07-23-15 05:11 AM
    Active frames and swipe gesture is smarter than other OS, that is why I use BlackBerry 10. And I hate everyday app update

Posted via CB10
    07-23-15 05:31 AM
    I use a BlackBerry device simply for the accuracy of typing on the keyboard. Even on BlackBerry 's all touch devices, the preciseness of how words come up is much better compared to IOS and android. I switched temporarily to android and IOS and I use to rip my hair out constantly backspacing to get the correct words to form. All that time wasted backspacing when you have to bang out a high volume of emails is just not practical. Yes although true,android and IOS has the huge catalogue of apps! The accuracy of the touch keyboard for me will always be the 1st choice.

I'm in a business where I need my device to perform and having keyboard accuracy is the best feature and selling point for me. I've experienced zero issues with my BlackBerry device and compared to android and IOS is the best for my needs. I use my device to manage personal and business calendars for customer appointments and also a personal and business contacts roster. The Passport is a beast, and one of the best BlackBerry devices to date!

 Passport SQW100-1 / leak 10.3.2.2252 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB
    07-23-15 10:00 AM
    Dale-C, I don't want to hijack the thread or keep going off topic, so this will be my last response. My point was that your assumptions seemed a bit dated in 2015. Just because you don't know women who sideload, etc., doesn't mean there aren't any. The world population is over 7 billion people. And as for "most wives" needing help from their husbands for technical things... again, it may be true in your social circle, but that doesn't make it a "fact" for the rest of the world.

Posted via CB10
    I also work in the technical field and I am around a vast amount of people each year, often different each day.
    The plain truth is, technology is more often a male interest. I have met a few women in the IT field and I know they exist, but I don't live in a bubble and I know they are the small minority.
    There are also a lot of professions where women are more common than men.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-15 05:59 PM
    Great for:
    1. Those who can think out of the box, or for those who have access to people who can think out of the box
    2. Those who are not afraid of change
    3. Who knows what they want
    4. Prosumer

Otherwise it is also good for everyone who is still breathing
    07-24-15 06:47 AM
36 12