Hi,

I'm considering a white Passport (versus a Classic). I currently have a black Z10, and my contract is up in a month or two. I'm thinking of getting a Classic/Tablet combo, or just a Passport.

How has the white Passport worked out for you?

I'm also wondering what the material and build quality is like? What's the back like....is it a fingerprint magnet, is it grippy?

Thanks.
    01-14-15 05:01 AM
    I've held the White version countless of time now and usually the fingerprints are more visible in black than the white. But I'm not suggesting both are fingerprint magnets, they don't actually especially in white unless you have a dirty sweaty hands.

Classic + Tablet combo is my first choice, but considering the current OS in Classic (it is still have some lags), I'd get a much better processor to keep up how I work in my phone. Sure the trackpad is really tempting, but I could still click links with a bigger screen. Just my two cents.

"When life gives you Blackberries... keep moving b*tch!"
    Wmsi likes this.
    01-14-15 05:18 AM
    My experience here. Had a black passport for about two weeks before it started giving problems so I bought a Classic to replace the dud. Kept the Classic for one day before I decided to order a white Passport. Seriously, there's no comparison between the two. We're talking an F1 vs a bicycle here . Once you get used to the Passport, nothing else will do.
    I've had mine in a brown oem wallet case from day one and loving the combination. It's fairly grippy as naked too so nothing to cause any worry. None of the two showed any unusual signs of getting dirty either.

NewsFlash! The highest rankin g American citizen is using a BlackBerry
    jupiter8, Wmsi and tfitzpat03 like this.
    01-14-15 06:44 AM
    The White Passport is cool and beautiful !
    01-14-15 07:16 AM
    May sound a silly question but are you a smoker? Because if you are than a white device (espically one with physical keys), is never a good idea.
    01-14-15 09:37 AM
    May sound a silly question but are you a smoker? Because if you are than a white device (espically one with physical keys), is never a good idea.
    What you are saying makes a good case to quit.

Back on topic. If you need a tablet for something, the Passport will likely not be a good replacement. It's not that big, it's just a phone.

That said, you may want to consider the Passport plus a tablet. Awesome combo, crazy good phone.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 11:52 AM
    I've had my white Passport for over a month. I keep it naked and use the Seidio holster. It does get marked up when I brush up against things but I am able to easily clean it with a little hand soap and water. It is as beautiful and clean today as it was when new.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 01:12 PM
    I use the Passport and had the classic for a weekend to try.

Skype crashed, most android app were terribly slow.
    If the default apps are enough for u the would I only consider the classic. Or order from amazon and try first before buying for final.

Otherwise I love the looks of the white, I'm bored from all t'his black around us...

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 01:17 PM
    Red is the shiz. Although if you dont want people coming up to you as much then maybe stick with black or white.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 01:23 PM
    I've got the white, it's lovely. Had a white z10 and this is heaps better and I love my z, the keyboard is a dream, it's fast and feels well built. Go for it, u won't regret it

Posted via CB10
    Wmsi likes this.
    01-14-15 02:41 PM
    I have the white Passport too. I think it looks way cooler than the black. It is extremely elegant and modern. The white fits perfectly with the metal finish.

The back is not particularly grippy, as with a rubber finish, however it is not slippery at all, just plastic. Seems to be durable by the way.

The device doesn't get dirty too easily, so that's no problem. In terms of fingerprints you could even have the advantage over the black version.

I'd definitely get the white one again!

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 03:50 PM
    I flipped a coin between the white and red versions and then decided to go with the RED one both are great looking from all of the video's do you have pictures that you can post of the white one?
    01-14-15 04:32 PM
    White Passport opinions-fullsizerender_edit.jpg

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 05:15 PM
    The white Passport looks SO nice.
    01-14-15 05:17 PM
    I get more compliments on my white Passport than I ever got on any device in my life.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 06:12 PM
    I own the white Passport and it is stunning! The reactions I get are always entertaining! From "whoa, that is one cool looking phone" to "nice calculator!" to "is that a Polaroid picture?". Whatever the comment, it is definitely an attention grabber!

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 08:07 PM
    I am also confused between black and white passport. I have more inclination towards white but if you see the bezel on the black one looks flush with the screen where as the white bezel is visible as a border. This is making me confused as to which colour she I go for. Currently using a black Z10 and looking for an upgrade

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 04:44 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FullSizeRender_edit.jpg 
Views:	1204 
Size:	62.4 KB 
ID:	327386

Posted via CB10
    What's your opinion about my concern? ?

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 04:46 AM
    I've had the white one for 6 months.
    The back of the phone is a matted white. Feels like touching a blackboard.
    The keys have a glossy finish to them, so they easily clean if they get grim on them. Overall the white easily cleans up if it starts to look dusty or dirty.

The white tends to turn heads without the overwhelming color that red is. The white stands out more than the black. Because most phones are black and few are white.
    It's been 6 months and my white Passport still looks as new as the day I got it. And when set next to other phones of different colors, the white still amazes me in how sleek it is compared to other colors.

I purchased the Ringle fusion clear case. It's a perfect fit.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00QH2...UvbUpU11692970

It's a thin case with minimal protection. But has saved my phone 3 times from drops as high as 4 feet from the ground.
    They make it in a smoke color also.
    The clear case shows of the phone great. But now, 6 months later, the crystal clear case has now yellowed around the edges where the rubber is, but the hard back is still crystal clear and pretty much scuff free.

Not sure what else to add, as all three colors are otherwise the same.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 05:13 AM
    I am also confused between black and white passport. I have more inclination towards white but if you see the bezel on the black one looks flush with the screen where as the white bezel is visible as a border. This is making me confused as to which colour she I go for. Currently using a black Z10 and looking for an upgrade

Posted via CB10
    The bezel is on all three phones like that. It's just that with a black bezel and black screen, the bezel seems to not be there.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 05:16 AM
    If the white is like the red, the build quality is fantastic. It feels very sturdy and high quality.

RedBerry Passport / 10.3.2.680 / Telus
    06-05-15 06:34 AM
    Ok noob question. Im going in for a sealed December 2014 White passport.

Saw 10 videos, read 3 reviews. Did not see even one video where the led notification came up or mention of the led notification in the white passport variant.

Does the passport in white have led notification. Can somebody confirm.White Passport opinions-untitled.png

Attached hi res pic shows the led. Cant figure the same in white.
    Last edited by valer466; 09-20-15 at 11:46 AM. Reason: attached picture
    09-20-15 11:32 AM

Saw 10 videos, read 3 reviews. Did not see even one video where the led notification came up or mention of the led notification in the white passport variant.

Does the passport in white have led notification. Can somebody confirm.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.png 
Views:	621 
Size:	456.0 KB 
ID:	372232

As far as I know, all BlackBerries have LED notification lights.
    09-20-15 07:37 PM
    I went with Red and love it. White was my second choice.

 Red Passport on OS 10.3.2.2639/ SR 10.3.2.2474
    09-20-15 10:17 PM

Does the passport in white have led notification. Can somebody confirm.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.png 
Views:	621 
Size:	456.0 KB 
ID:	372232

Have white Passport and can confirm that yes, we do have colored LED notifications.

Posted via my White Passport
    valer466 likes this.
    09-20-15 11:26 PM
30 12