...I had my Passport in my hand constantly. Maybe I was checking schedules of panels for my favorite shows. Maybe I was checking Twitter for exclusive spontaneous events/contests/merchandise. Maybe I was shooting photos and videos near-non-stop.

Truth is, I was doing ALL those things, and then some. It was hardly ever in my pocket, and the screen was nearly always on. We bring along a 10,000mAh battery pack since we're usually out for 16+ hours each day. My wife usually hit it around 4pm to top up her iPhone 6. I finished each day with around 25% of the original charge remaining. #feelsgoodman

Also, because it was always out, people were always asking about it. "What IS that thing?!" "Whoa, I didn't know BlackBerry still made phones!" "That would be AWESOME for work!" A couple people asked to hold it, and when they discovered the capacitive keyboard, their eyes lit up like Christmas. I may have converted a few folks.

Posted via CB10 on Passport
    m3mb3rsh1p likes this.
    07-13-15 12:52 PM
    Too be honest if the Passport had made it into more retail outlets.... it might have gotten noticed a little more.
    07-13-15 01:08 PM
    idk what you guys are doing... my avg battery life is 11 hours... it was 6 with the q10. maybe you arent as hardcore users as you thought you were
    07-13-15 01:11 PM
    Mine was a beast all weekend. I was online constantly. Lowest battery I had was 40% returning from Hall H at about midnight on Saturday.

And when I had to call my credit card company on Saturday after finding out someone back home hacked into one of my credit cards and helped themselves to $5,300 of shoes at Brown's Shoes in Montreal, never dropped out once in the hour or so I was talking and on hold.

Only one person asked about my phone. The concierge at the Sheraton.

I did see someone in the Hall H line with a BlackBerry backpack yesterday morning.

Posted via CB10
    BirdBruce likes this.
    07-13-15 01:11 PM
    Too be honest if the Passport had made it into more retail outlets.... it might have gotten noticed a little more.
    Sorry I let you down, Eeyore.

07-13-15 01:15 PM
    idk what you guys are doing... my avg battery life is 11 hours... it was 6 with the q10. maybe you arent as hardcore users as you thought you were
    You caught me. Totally fabricated that whole story. Well done, Mr. Holmes.

07-13-15 01:16 PM
    You caught me. Totally fabricated that whole story. Well done, Mr. Holmes.

LOL.

And I have two BlackBerry phones and 1 SG5 with the same usage to compare to.

The Z10 was probably the most used, went through 2 batteries a day, blinking yellow and totally dead after 13 hours.

My sister's Z30 the day it was used as a camera replacement when her camera battery died, DOA after 12 hours.

My other niece's SG5 was all the way through battery number two after about 14 hours of heavy use in very overloaded signals.

I think the thing to take into consideration here is that this is a place where your phone burns through more power trying to connect to a network or WiFi than most places.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-15 01:25 PM
    Sorry I let you down, Eeyore.

?

You seem awfully defensive.... I was agreeing that the Passport is a unique device and that if it had been seen by more people, it might be bought by more people.
    Last edited by Dunt Dunt Dunt; 07-13-15 at 01:49 PM.
    beamolite likes this.
    07-13-15 01:26 PM
    LOL.

And I have two BlackBerry phones and 1 SG5 with the same usage to compare to.

The Z10 was probably the most used, went through 2 batteries a day, blinking yellow and totally dead after 13 hours.

My sister's Z30 the day it was used as a camera replacement when her camera battery died, DOA after 12 hours.

My other niece's SG5 was all the way through battery number two after about 14 hours of heavy use in very overloaded signals.

I think the thing to take into consideration here is that this is a place where your phone burns through more power trying to connect to a network or WiFi than most places.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah my Z10 which is a Verizon model without the option to turn off 4G.... if I get into an area with marginal 4G coverage the phone actually gets warm and the battery will drain in 5 - 6 hours with no usage.

That said BlackBerry solution to the poor battery usage in BB10 is just to install a big battery. Which is why the Passport has a 3450mAh and the OP wife's iPhone only has a 1810mAh battery... about the same as my Z10.
    07-13-15 01:33 PM
    Yeah my Z10 which is a Verizon model without the option to turn off 4G.... if I get into an area with marginal 4G coverage the phone actually gets warm and the battery will drain in 5 - 6 hours with no usage.

That said BlackBerry solution to the poor battery usage in BB10 is just to install a big battery. Which is why the Passport has a 3450mAh and the OP wife's iPhone only has a 1810mAh battery... about the same as my Z10.
    My solution was to buy a Passport. LOL.

We're from Alberta so we have Roam Mobile cards in our phones that piggyback off T Mobile. Had 4G most of the time. At the Z10 didn't actually start having battery issues until the area got congested. It didn't tear through battery much faster than the SG5 though, similar usage by two young ladies using social media extensively.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-15 01:39 PM
    ?

You seem awfully defensive.... I was agreeing that the Passport is a unique device and that if it had been seen by more people, it might be bought by more people.
    Not defensive. Just think it's odd that THAT was your takeaway from the entire post. :shrug:

07-13-15 02:20 PM
    Agree. If BlackBerry had heavily advertise the Passport during launch it could have been a big seller by now. Up to today, I still get people asking what my phone is.

07-13-15 02:31 PM
    Let's see some Pics,should be fun! lol
    07-13-15 02:32 PM
    Hall H? how about that trailer???
    07-13-15 03:40 PM
    Should we all start wearing shirts that say, "Yes! BlackBerry still makes phones!"

"Pretty good ones, at that".

Posted via CB10
    Patman1200 likes this.
    07-13-15 04:46 PM