I didn't notice until just now, but why no hdmi port on the passport? I maybe only used it twice on my z10 but for presentations I'd suspect it would be a huge missing for some folks.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    10-03-14 08:02 PM
    I didn't notice until just now, but why no hdmi port on the passport? I maybe only used it twice on my z10 but for presentations I'd suspect it would be a huge missing for some folks.

There's an adapter needed as the HDMI is via slimport
    10-03-14 08:05 PM

In the new simplified design of this, and the Classic, the HDMI port is shared in the same place as the USB port which is actually really clever. Google "SlimPort" and you'll see what can be done with this special port.

There is a USB3 adaptor as well as an HDMI adapter and also a VGA adaptor which uses SlimPort technology. (So you could hook your Passport to almost any monitor imaginable).

On the ShopBlackBerry.com website (and on Amazon) you can have any of these cables for about $20-30 depending upon manufacturer and functionality.
    10-03-14 08:08 PM
    So I'm I looking for a HDMI slimport when I search on Amazon? Or does it have a specific adapter name. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 08:36 PM
    HDMI SlimPort yep. I got one it works.
    10-03-14 09:09 PM
    Yes I'm trying to find the right cable accessories for my Passport as well. I would like the HDMI cable to hook it up to projectors.

Also I would like the correct 12 volt charger. I have the one I used for my Q10 but I don't want to jam any old cable in there and break things.

Will my Q10 12 volt charger work?

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 09:09 PM
    Yes I'm trying to find the right cable accessories for my Passport as well. I would like the HDMI cable to hook it up to projectors.

Also I would like the correct 12 volt charger. I have the one I used for my Q10 but I don't want to jam any old cable in there and break things.

Will my Q10 12 volt charger work?

Posted via CB10
    All your micro-USB cables work fine; I use my PlayBook charger at the office and my Z10's USB cable (which is always in my PC bag).

For your HDMI request - this is the same cable which BlackBerry is selling on their own website; You can get it a little cheaper on Amazon: http://www.amazon.ca/SP1003-SlimPort...droidcent08-20
    10-04-14 12:34 PM
    All your micro-USB cables work fine; I use my PlayBook charger at the office and my Z10's USB cable (which is always in my PC bag).

For your HDMI request - this is the same cable which BlackBerry is selling on their own website; You can get it a little cheaper on Amazon: http://www.amazon.ca/SP1003-SlimPort...droidcent08-20
    Same price on the shop blackberry website. Throw in the coupon code and it is even cheaper. Added that to my order.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 12:52 PM
    So I'm I looking for a HDMI slimport when I search on Amazon? Or does it have a specific adapter name. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    I ordered this one because it allows me to charge while I'm running something via HDMI. Amazon.com: Cable Matters Micro USB SlimPort (MyDP) to HDMI 6 Foot Cable with 6 Foot USB Charging Cable: Electronics
    10-04-14 01:07 PM
    Thanks Ttune!

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 04:44 PM
    So cool. I'll never doubt you again blackberry.

10-04-14 07:17 PM