I'm visiting after having been gone for a bit and was really just wanting to ask all Passport owners a question. Given the direction that BB seems to be going with Android and the like, are you planning to stick with your Passport and what do you think will become of us all? Do we stick with BB running Android or just hang on to our Passports til they fall apart in our hands? How long will BB support the Passport anyway? Sorry if someone covered this but I haven't been on here in a while.
    01-27-16 07:03 AM
    I plan on using mine until it can't do something I need it to do. At that point I'll reevaluate and select something that can do the things I need it to do.

Luckily a phone purchase is something that can be done in a few hours (or minutes), and most places accept hassle free returns,.. so no need to really worry about it too much.

Posted via CB10
    bigjman and Morty2264 like this.
    01-27-16 07:44 AM
    2016 seems good, but not sure after that. Even I am planning for SE in next couple of months, because I think we will have a bit better idea then compared to now.

My Z10 is not getting signals so m stuck with old moto g first gen, and it sucks to be on Android.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-27-16 07:45 AM
    Seems like every time I really get into something, it ends up by the side of the road. I loved Nextels when they were popular too. Still do for what that's worth.
    andy957 and Morty2264 like this.
    01-27-16 07:51 AM
    Ill be keeping my Passport until I really crave something new (1 or 2 more years) Then If there is no new BB10 devices or if WP10 doesn't improve to where I need it I guess Ill consider iOS. I'm hoping there will be something new on the market that offers a closed ecosystem with good productivity and flow like BB10.
    01-27-16 07:59 AM
    Ill be keeping my Passport until I really crave something new (1 or 2 more years) Then If there is no new BB10 devices or if WP10 doesn't improve to where I need it I guess Ill consider iOS. I'm hoping there will be something new on the market that offers a closed ecosystem with good productivity and flow like BB10.
    I'm with you there. If I had a choice, I go with WP10 because I love the OS but I need to be sure their app situation is getting better. Failing that, then I guess I'm heading to iOS. I like what Android offers but because they do so much at one time, I think it causes problems. I have a Fitbit that I often times have to futz with to get it to sync on my Android phone, yet with iPhone, it's flawless and even Blackberry syncs it with no issues. I'm really starting to wonder about the whole thing. Perhaps a closed ecosystem really is the best way to go. How times change.
    xxsashixx likes this.
    01-27-16 08:08 AM
    Keeping my SE unless something really cool comes out but the Passport is the beast of phones along with the Z30
    01-27-16 09:15 AM
    Going to use my Passport at least for the next two years unless it becomes unusable before the end of two years. Thereafter, I will scout around. The available choices may be quite different then. Not married to BlackBerry or a pkb. Definitely not getting an iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    01-27-16 09:41 AM
    Dears it's just mobile phones os
    Who like BlackBerry os can keep it for ever and who like others should got it
    But u can keep passport 5 years if you want or replace it soon
    It will depend on your mod not the technology.

Posted via CB10
    01-27-16 09:46 AM
    Seems like every time I really get into something, it ends up by the side of the road. I loved Nextels when they were popular too. Still do for what that's worth.
    It's probably not coincidence. Here's a recent article about customers who value certain attributes or "quirky tastes," that are ultimately associated with product failure.

Harbingers of failure: meet the customers you don?t want to love your product | Ars Technica

This also may explain why current BlackBerry hardware strategy seems to purposely alienate their core customer base.
    AnimalPak200 likes this.
    01-27-16 09:49 AM
    It's probably not coincidence. Here's a recent article about customers who value certain attributes or "quirky tastes," that are ultimately associated with product failure.

Harbingers of failure: meet the customers you don?t want to love your product | Ars Technica

This also may explain why current BlackBerry hardware strategy seems to purposely alienate their core customer base.
    Darn, does that mean I'm a jinx? Do they all run screaming from the room when they see me coming?

P.S. Actually I tend to have a wide area of tastes. I like all technology and tend to find good in everything even those so-called "failures". I do think Nextel lasted quite a while though. I suppose now that I said I like WP, that'll crash and burn too?
    01-27-16 10:25 AM
    I plan on using mine until it can't do something I need it to do. At that point I'll reevaluate and select something that can do the things I need it to do.

Luckily a phone purchase is something that can be done in a few hours (or minutes), and most places accept hassle free returns,.. so no need to really worry about it too much.

Posted via CB10
    This.

Just like I did with the playbook.
    01-27-16 10:35 AM
    I upgraded my BlackBerry every year. Not this year. I fear this Passport will be my last BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    MehdiQ and heepman like this.
    01-27-16 10:37 AM
    I have to try that windows OS. Will probably try to buy a used one in the near future.
    01-27-16 10:44 AM
    I have to try that windows OS. Will probably try to buy a used one in the near future.
    It's a great OS really. The only downside I see to it at the moment is that they need to do some serious catching up in the app department. How much that affects you depends on what you need I guess. The OS is very smooth though and I love the live tiles.
    01-27-16 10:48 AM
    Darn, does that mean I'm a jinx? Do they all run screaming from the room when they see me coming?

P.S. Actually I tend to have a wide area of tastes. I like all technology and tend to find good in everything even those so-called "failures". I do think Nextel lasted quite a while though. I suppose now that I said I like WP, that'll crash and burn too?
    I don't think this means that you alone will cause a product to fail. However, you might try to do the exact opposite of what you usually do to see if things work out better. Remember when George did that on Seinfeld?
    01-27-16 11:49 AM

Do one thing, buy an iPhone and Android, they are doomed for sure

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-27-16 11:54 AM
    There really is a way to live without a native netflix on your phone. You should try it.
    01-27-16 12:00 PM
    I think what ultimately failed is because of advertising..

I'm sure it has been said many times and I'll say it again. People do not even know BlackBerry even exists or had "new" phones.

The general population and the average Joe think about BlackBerry as a doomed/already dead company. They talk down about their products when they haven't even used one in the first place.

My group of friends all have androids and iphones.
    I have a nexus 6P yes.. but I also have a classic and just bought a new passport se, waiting for shipment

When I talk about BlackBerry to them they are usually like "what? They are still alive?" or "their phones suck". I then proceed to show them the classic and they are always impressed with the hub.

Another problem is the apps.. there's a catch 22 here.. again been said many times. It also relates to advertising.

Big name apps like snapchat.. facebook.. Youtube.. Gmail have/should have developed good apps for BlackBerry but won't because userbase is too small. But the userbase will never grow because there are no apps.

Just my 2cents

Posted via CB10
    itiswhatitisnt likes this.
    01-27-16 12:06 PM
    I'm sure it has been said many times and I'll say it again. People do not even know BlackBerry even exists or had "new" phones.
    My group of friends all have androids and iphones.
    Didn't you tell your friends that Blackberry exists and makes new phones?
    01-27-16 02:13 PM
    It's a great OS really. The only downside I see to it at the moment is that they need to do some serious catching up in the app department. How much that affects you depends on what you need I guess. The OS is very smooth though and I love the live tiles.
    MS is working on a runtime for iOS to help ease their "app gap".
    01-27-16 03:41 PM
    I hopped on the BB10 train a year ago and I just got my Passport nearly a month ago.

I'm going to stick with the Passport for a while, it's a great phone and it does everything I need.
    I'll probably buy a "Vienna" or see what BlackBerry has to offer by the time Passport is no longer adequate to my needs (which should be a few years at least).

Posted via CB10 via Passport.
    01-27-16 04:05 PM
    Every time when friends or colleagues see my Passport, they are amazed by its size and practicality as it can handle almost anything. And interestingly enough, I actually switched back to the original OG after two month's usage of the Priv.

I think I will stick to it as long as it's still running , you can't beat the smoothness, the stability and the security of OS 10. Priv is a nice phone, but it tried too hard to be an android phone and thus lost its character being a BlackBerry phone.

As the world is swamped by android and ios phones, a true BlackBerry OS phone shows its uniqueness and character.

Posted via CB10
    01-27-16 04:20 PM
    I have said it before I used my Z10 for about 2.5yrs and only just changed to a BBPPSE because it was a price I could afford.
    The Z10 was and still is a beast for me and was only let down by battery.
    There are loads of persons here (Jamaica) who still use bb7, and I see lots of bold 9900 and torches 9980 so in reality my passport will be usable for at least another 5 years

Passport SQW100-4 10.3.2.2836
    01-27-16 05:08 PM

Hmm... I have to say that many things I prefer do end up getting cut or the attributes that make me prefer them get watered down.

Damn humans.

Posted via CB10
    01-27-16 05:49 PM
48 12